Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert results prediction 2015

Options
  • 19-06-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Okay, so now that the Junior Cert is over for nearly everyone, it's time for predictions! Be interesting to see how they compare with the actual results in September.

(All HL)

English - B (gutted, really thought I could have done a lot better in this. I'll need a miracle to get an A).

Irish - B/C (Went really well so I think I might have gotten the B!)

Maths - A
    History - A
    Geography - A
    Business - A
    French - A
    Science - A (might be a B but I think I might have gotten the A)
    Spanish - A/B

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It would be better to forget about them until after the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

Here are my predictions.

Tech graph - B
    Music - B

Maths - A/B (honestly don't know, thought it went well but i'm just underrating my performance so as to not get disappointed)

Irish- A
    French -A/B
    History-A
    Science-A
    English - A/B
    Geography -A
    Business -A
    Cspe -A

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

God I wish I was getting all As.
    Maths- C sadly was hoping for a B since it was easy but found out afterwards I made loads of mistakes so unless attempt marks are high I won't get a B.
    Irish - A. Was very easy as I'm only in ordinary and I didn't do higher as I didn't work in first year.
    English - C hopefully as I'm terrible at English but the exam wasnt that bad in my opinion and it went well mostly.
    History - C or hopefully a B but so unlikely as Q6 was a distaster for me. Very gutted as was getting Bs in history all along.
    Geography- C. Also so gutted as a few questions were awkward and I feel only the shorts went well they'll save me from a D.
    Home Ec- B. Practical and sewing went brilliant and the exam was great as well just messed up slightly on parts of Q2.
    Business - A. The paper was heaven. Both shorts and longs were great. Hoping for an A in it as I felt only one question lost me around 16 marks but I'm confident I got only 2 short questions wrong so I have enough scope to get an A.
    French- C. The paper was very disappointing in my opinion. Thought the listening was hard and the comprehensions. The written was ok except I forgot my tenses in parts.
    Religion- C hopefully. The paper was very tough but my essay came up for question 5 so it was ok.
    Science - C. Really struggled with science all along. Have the project though and that was ok.
    Cspe- B. Exam was easy but my teacher graded my action project a C so I can't get an A. Did improve it since then but idk.
    Just have to wait till September but pretty certain I wont get different results from these :2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

God I wish I was getting all As.
    Maths- C sadly was hoping for a B since it was easy but found out afterwards I made loads of mistakes so unless attempt marks are high I won't get a B.
    Irish - A. Was very easy as I'm only in ordinary and I didn't do higher as I didn't work in first year.
    English - C hopefully as I'm terrible at English but the exam wasnt that bad in my opinion and it went well mostly.
    History - C or hopefully a B but so unlikely as Q6 was a distaster for me. Very gutted as was getting Bs in history all along.
    Geography- C. Also so gutted as a few questions were awkward and I feel only the shorts went well they'll save me from a D.
    Home Ec- B. Practical and sewing went brilliant and the exam was great as well just messed up slightly on parts of Q2.
    Business - A. The paper was heaven. Both shorts and longs were great. Hoping for an A in it as I felt only one question lost me around 16 marks but I'm confident I got only 2 short questions wrong so I have enough scope to get an A.
    French- C. The paper was very disappointing in my opinion. Thought the listening was hard and the comprehensions. The written was ok except I forgot my tenses in parts.
    Religion- C hopefully. The paper was very tough but my essay came up for question 5 so it was ok.
    Science - C. Really struggled with science all along. Have the project though and that was ok.
    Cspe- B. Exam was easy but my teacher graded my action project a C so I can't get an A. Did improve it since then but idk.
    Just have to wait till September but pretty certain I wont get different results from these :2
    Wait and see. Don't waste time worrying about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

All higher
    English B ( exam didnt go as well as planned)
    Irish B/A (if I get an A, Inwould have scraped it.)
    Maths A (very confident)
    French A ( confident)
    Geography A (not too sure about geography to br honest)
    History A (fingers crossed. I filled up the full answer book and 7 extra pages)
    Science B/A (had to do coursework B on my own. Teacher wouldnt help me)
    Business A (confident)
    Music B/A (exam went well, but not too sure about practical)
    CSPE B/A (exam went well, not to sure about project)

Overall, happy with the exams. Dont think I did as well as the mocks- I got 10As. That put me under so much pressure to perform on the day. I know for sure I didnt get the elusive 10As in the real thing after English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

i'm in the same ship. I don't know whether it is an a or b in some subjects but I will certainly be getting a's or b's only. To be honest I don't care too much as I am just so happy to be on summer holidays!!!!

Advertisement