Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom disconnection query

Options
  • 19-06-2015 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is a bit of a sensitive one and I will need to PM one of you with the details, but I will give you a brief synopsis here.

My mother-in-law was diagnosed with a dementia some time back, but with the help of family and outside agencies we were able to keep her in her own home (probably longer than we should have done).  Anyway, towards the end of April the medical issues rapidly escalated and she unfortunately had to leave her home and enter long term Nursing care. 

We obviously maintained her telephone account throughout her illness for obvious reasons but it is now no longer required.  To this effect my wife contacted Eircom to disconnect the line and due to the extenuating  sensitive and sudden nature of this we asked if the disconnection could occur immediately. Additionally, the normal method of disconnection could not be adhered to as my mother-in-law lacks capacity and is currently unable to write. The operator gave the impression that there would not be a problem and advised us to email eircom via the address:

phonecancellations@eircom.ie

We did this on the 10/5/15 @ 11:20 and requested that the final bill be sent to my brother-in-law's house.

Unfortunately my brother-in-law has received 2 further bills.  He has asked me to look into this as neither of them appear to be a final / disconnection bill.

I am not sure what has happened.  I do not understand why Eircom has not assisted us through this emotional time.  I know that they must have received the email because they have clearly read the bit where I asked for all future bills to be sent to my brother-in-law's house, but appeared to have missed the disconnection bit of the email.

Additionally, we also supplied phone numbers on this email to contact us if there was any problem with the disconnection.  We received no correspondence or phone calls to this effect so we presumed that everything else was going to plan.  To be honest we did not follow up to confirm that everything was ok because I am sure that you would understand that we had more pressing issues to deal with.

This has not been a problem for the ESB / bins or any other utility as they have been extremely helpful and sorted their bits out without fuss.  I did not anticipate there being a problem with Eircom, on the face of it there appears to be a basic lack of compassion.

I don't want to be ringing them up again as I want a paper trail from now on.  

I would really appreciate it if you could investigate this matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ads20101 wrote: »
    Hi,

This is a bit of a sensitive one and I will need to PM one of you with the details, but I will give you a brief synopsis here.

My mother-in-law was diagnosed with a dementia some time back, but with the help of family and outside agencies we were able to keep her in her own home (probably longer than we should have done).  Anyway, towards the end of April the medical issues rapidly escalated and she unfortunately had to leave her home and enter long term Nursing care. 

We obviously maintained her telephone account throughout her illness for obvious reasons but it is now no longer required.  To this effect my wife contacted Eircom to disconnect the line and due to the extenuating  sensitive and sudden nature of this we asked if the disconnection could occur immediately. Additionally, the normal method of disconnection could not be adhered to as my mother-in-law lacks capacity and is currently unable to write. The operator gave the impression that there would not be a problem and advised us to email eircom via the address:

phonecancellations@eircom.ie

We did this on the 10/5/15 @ 11:20 and requested that the final bill be sent to my brother-in-law's house.

Unfortunately my brother-in-law has received 2 further bills.  He has asked me to look into this as neither of them appear to be a final / disconnection bill.

I am not sure what has happened.  I do not understand why Eircom has not assisted us through this emotional time.  I know that they must have received the email because they have clearly read the bit where I asked for all future bills to be sent to my brother-in-law's house, but appeared to have missed the disconnection bit of the email.

Additionally, we also supplied phone numbers on this email to contact us if there was any problem with the disconnection.  We received no correspondence or phone calls to this effect so we presumed that everything else was going to plan.  To be honest we did not follow up to confirm that everything was ok because I am sure that you would understand that we had more pressing issues to deal with.

This has not been a problem for the ESB / bins or any other utility as they have been extremely helpful and sorted their bits out without fuss.  I did not anticipate there being a problem with Eircom, on the face of it there appears to be a basic lack of compassion.

I don't want to be ringing them up again as I want a paper trail from now on.  

I would really appreciate it if you could investigate this matter.
    Hi ads20101

I will be more than happy to assist you with this - especially in consideration of the circumstances.

Please PM me the account number and I'll investigate

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Al,

After we spoke just now I called my wife and we just wanted to publically say thank you from all of us on the efficient, immediate and compassionate way you dealt with this.

You are an obvious asset for Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ads20101 wrote: »
    Al,

After we spoke just now I called my wife and we just wanted to publically say thank you from all of us on the efficient, immediate and compassionate way you dealt with this.

You are an obvious asset for Eircom.
    Thanks ads20101

That's very kind of you

If there's anything I can help with in future please let me know

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement