Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Ireland news thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Stirling gone early.

Here's a good game to play.

Who will lose a wicket first? England in the Test Match or us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

22/1 after 6

Porterfield gone 34/2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

KevIRL wrote: »
    Porterfield gone 34/2

Every time I get a notification I think, not another wicket down already :D

38/2 after 10

• Advertisement

Nob gone. 38/3

Standard 38-3 now. NOB gone LBW

39-4

Shocking stuff again

Five now

• Advertisement

Come on Simi

Come on Simi

Gone 72/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Looks like an early finish today..

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gone 72/6

Ah for fecks sake

110/7 after 30

111/8

5 x lbw - I'm sure there's plenty of all out lbw, but unusual too.

124 all out

A wicket in the first over but 43/1 now

A thrashing seems on the cards. I hear the wickets up there have been on the slow side. Has that played into the Afghan hands?

• Advertisement

53/2 after 10.3

The igmony of a lunch break during the middle of an innings of an ODI

Niall O'Brien retired today. A great servant of Irish cricket, he was pivotal in our most important victory ever back in 2007 against Pakistan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Niall O'Brien retired today. A great servant of Irish cricket, he was pivotal in our most important victory ever back in 2007 against Pakistan

His innings put us on the course to Test Match status. Thank you Niall for all your efforts for Ireland.

Forgotten how many awful decisions were given and not given in that innings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Anyone apply for the ballot for the Lord's test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Very dissapointing to hear Alan Border on commentary yesterday (Aus v India). He showed his ignorance by querying whether Ireland had official ODI status (not even Test status) and claimed that playing 4 day test match against England "can't be right".

At least Adam Gilchrist stepped in to say that England won't last longer than 4 days against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Anyone apply for the ballot for the Lord's test?

I applied but my application seems to have disappeared, no record of it on my lord's account. There's a general sale starting February 4th so will just wait for that now.

Ireland comprehensively beaten by an Oman development XI in a T20 warm up match today. That's a new low

• Advertisement

Beaten again although much closer this time. Stirling with 78

15 run win against Oman today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

applied for and received Day 3 Lords tickets.

applied for and received Day 3 Lords tickets.

I suppose there's a fair chance that play will still be in progress by Day 3! Not guaranteed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I suppose there's a fair chance that play will still be in progress by Day 3! Not guaranteed though.

After we've skittled all 20 of their wickets on our way to an innings victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Interesting to read that Warren Deutrom did a John Delaney last year!

Although in his case, he informed Sports Ireland.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/revealed-second-ceo-gave-100k-loan-to-irish-sports-association-38035346.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Squatter wrote: »
    Interesting to read that Warren Deutrom did a John Delaney last year!

Although in his case, he informed Sports Ireland.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/revealed-second-ceo-gave-100k-loan-to-irish-sports-association-38035346.html
    but not the board... are these boards getting the run around or they asleep at the wheel?

Anyone going to any of the upcoming ODIs? I've tickets for the Windies on Sunday. Would have preferred to go to the following weekend as that's in Malahide as opposed to Clontarf but I couldn't make that one. The IPL has robbed us of seeing any of the big players, disappointing but completely expected.

I see the England game on Friday is €50 in. There is just not the interest in cricket here to be charging that much, on a weekday. Maybe they're thinking that given people would need to take a day off work to go it, anyone who was actually planning on attending wouldn't be put off by the higher price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Anyone going to any of the upcoming ODIs? I've tickets for the Windies on Sunday. Would have preferred to go to the following weekend as that's in Malahide as opposed to Clontarf but I couldn't make that one. The IPL has robbed us of seeing any of the big players, disappointing but completely expected.

I see the England game on Friday is €50 in. There is just not the interest in cricket here to be charging that much, on a weekday. Maybe they're thinking that given people would need to take a day off work to go it, anyone who was actually planning on attending wouldn't be put off by the higher price.

I'm going on Friday. I agree the price is excessive - and apparently sales are not great either. It's GA seating too, which tells you a fair bit about the expected crowd size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I’ll be going Sunday with the brother and sister.

I think 50€ is scandalous for Friday to be honest. Also assuming that it will be an England c/d team considering the lads who will be rested/at the IPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Gonna give this one a miss. €50 and A bit of weather around too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

Unfortunately won't be able to make the game on Friday due to work, but will be there in Clontarf on Sunday. How do people see the England game going?

Likely team?

Porterfield
    Stirling
    Balbirnie
    McCollum
    KOB
    Wilson
    Dockrell
    Thompson/McBrine
    McCarthy
    Murtagh
    Rankin

Toss delayed due to soggy outfield

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And of course I've had to buy a hat due to the fact the sun is shining....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Next inspection 11.45

Now where's the sunblock?

What's the crowd like?

Well at least I can look back fondly on my last visit here. The day on which Ireland were due to commence their first ever Test match and the free umbrella handed out by PaddyPower....

What's the crowd like?
    Stands are sparse at present but a lot are lingering around the various concessions. Others may be keeping their eyes on the updates. Probably as many England fans as Irish ones mingling around at present but that might change once we get a start time

Just checking Accuweather. 53% chance of rain between 12 and 1 (but drops to 52% between 1 and 2!)

12.45 start time....

....allegedly

And now they are putting nets up

England guys have come out to have a kickabout. Maybe they are goal nets

• Advertisement
Advertisement