Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick vs Tipperary - Munster SHC, June 21st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tipperary forwards getting a serious raw deal from Gavin. Being held all the time. Backs getting soft frees coming out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

That last point was criminal to give away after working hard to get into the game

Should have been a free for Calanan, but mighty strength from the Keeper. Some lift for Limerick.

Class from Forde. Too many mistakes from Limericks against a class forward unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Limerick fightback is over, Tipperary - Waterford final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

All over. Ger Canning sounds like he's commentating on a funeral, the Forde goal went in and he barely raised his voice, time for him to retire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Slow start by Tipp in the first half and even slower start in the second half.

Be interesting to see how much of Limerick's total score ends up coming from those two periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fair to say the hurling championship hasn't really taken off yet. A lot of fairly one sided games so far. Hopefully the Munster and Leinster finals are a bit more competitive.

Nearly double scores in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Limerick didn't appear fit. Bar those 2 five minute spells they were very poor and off the pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

God limerick are brutal. 73 is the last time they won it right? Well it'll be another 42 years bbefore they win it again.

Fair to say the hurling championship hasn't really taken off yet. A lot of fairly one sided games so far. Hopefully the Munster and Leinster finals are a bit more competitive.

Yeah - this weekend especially has been fairly disappointing in terms of competitive games for the neutral..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That Tipp team will take some beating

Gulf in class in both games today. I'm disappointed with Limerick as I thought they were real contenders despite the poor match with Clare. Obviously they were closer to Tipperary than Wexford were to Kilkenny but they were still a country mile behind. For ten minutes in the second half they looked like they could do something then they were gone just as quickly. Both Limerick's and Wexford's defences left them down in a major way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tippsy

An Tipp Abu. Workrate today was the difference, massive performance overall. Bring on Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian017

ScummyMan wrote: »

Tipp, Kilkenny and Galway seem to be a million miles ahead of the rest. That's disappointing for the Hurling Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

ScummyMan wrote: »

I'd remain caution yet as nothing say tippeary changed much that can beat kk
    Tippeary went off the pace for fifteenth minutes and old problem is there so if kk get them that fifteen minutes lapse crucial you play kk as you could be two goals down in that spell
    Cork limerick Galway may not punish such lapses but kk will
    Tippeary will win munster as want avoid kk and hope someone beat kk for them but they still have a lot to do to beat kk

Brian017 wrote: »
    Tipp, Kilkenny and Galway seem to be a million miles ahead of the rest. That's disappointing for the Hurling Championship

Galway have answered no real test yet absolutely none
    Kk is the test and kk will beat them
    Clare only team outside kk and tippeary with a chance and tippeary may need someone beat kk for them
    Clare need full panel but if they get it there better than Cork Galway and limerick panel wise

In fairness I wouldn't put Galway up there with the other two although they do seem to be motoring well and at least look interested this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭skaface

Galway have answered no real test yet absolutely none
    Kk is the test and kk will beat them
    Clare only team outside kk and tippeary with a chance and tippeary may need someone beat kk for them
    Clare need full panel but if they get it there better than Cork Galway and limerick panel wise

No mention of Waterford..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Dont forget waterford and I expect Clare to have a big say yet this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Have to laugh at people almost seeing it as a forgone conclution that it will be KK or Tipp, both were impressive today but let's be honest Wexford were shocking and Limerick aren't solid at the back either, I'm glad to see people writing us off in the Munster Final Tipp rightfully favorites but Waterford are a much better team then Limerick at the back.

Its between Waterford, Galway, Tipperary and Kilkenny. Given Waterford's and Galway's propensity for cracking when the real pressure comes on I think it'll be a Tipperary Kilkenny final again. I think both Waterford and Galway could win the provincial championships then, ironically, get beaten by the other half of Kilkenny and Tipperary in the semis.

Very Bored wrote: »
    Its between Waterford, Galway, Tipperary and Kilkenny. Given Waterford's and Galway's propensity for cracking when the real pressure comes on I think it'll be a Tipperary Kilkenny final again. I think both Waterford and Galway could win the provincial championships then, ironically, get beaten by the other half of Kilkenny and Tipperary in the semis.

This is a totally different Waterford team though, From what i'v seen they handle pressure very well, your right that could certainly be said about Waterford in the past but it's basically a brand new team and full of lads used to having success and feeling pressure. Also i wouldn't be so dissmissive of Clare they have more then enough talent to get through the back door and be challenging for the AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The growler

This is a totally different Waterford team though, From what i'v seen they handle pressure very well, your right that could certainly be said about Waterford in the past but it's basically a brand new team and full of lads used to having success and feeling pressure. Also i wouldn't be so dissmissive of Clare they have more then enough talent to get through the back door and be challenging for the AI.

I agree with you re Clare. This time 2 years ago nobody was talking about them and they went on to win the All Ireland (although they had the advantage of avoiding Kilkenny and Tipp).

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Tippeary went off the pace for fifteenth minutes and old problem is there so if kk get them that fifteen minutes lapse crucial you play kk as you could be two goals down in that spell
    Tippeary will win munster as want avoid kk and hope someone beat kk for them but they still have a lot to do to beat kk

Spot on, Im a Tipp man but that lapse for first ten mins of 2nd half was a replica of the All Ireland first game, if that was KK they would have got couple of goals in that period.
    Tipp are frustrating because when on form they are top class but seem to have these luls where they leave the opposition take over

skaface wrote: »
    No mention of Waterford..

Genuinely forgot mentioned them mentioned them other thread
    There a team on the up definitely but not this year and tippeary win munster and waterford may get all Ireland semi final but I can not see them in the final

I agree with you re Clare. This time 2 years ago nobody was talking about them and they went on to win the All Ireland (although they had the advantage of avoiding Kilkenny and Tipp).

If Clare drew KK in qualifiers in nolan park they would have no all Ireland

@Dick Phelan, I agree with you that this is a completely new Waterford team but they still have yet to prove themselves in terms of pressure. Waterford is desperate for an All Ireland team not having won one in donkey's years. It also doesn't help Waterford that they haven't seen Liam in so long whilst Kilkenny have been winning it so consistently. That's a huge pressure. This Waterford team has won close matches and significant ones but then so did the one just gone. The difference between doing that and doing it in the crucial matches in August and September is completely different though. I think it prevented the last team from getting over the line and I think it will prove extremely difficult for this team and until they prove otherwise I don't think we can say they can handle pressure. Not yet anyway.

Very Bored wrote: »
    @Dick Phelan, I agree with you that this is a completely new Waterford team but they still have yet to prove themselves in terms of pressure. Waterford is desperate for an All Ireland team not having won one in donkey's years. It also doesn't help Waterford that they haven't seen Liam in so long whilst Kilkenny have been winning it so consistently. That's a huge pressure. This Waterford team has won close matches and significant ones but then so did the one just gone. The difference between doing that and doing it in the crucial matches in August and September is completely different though. I think it prevented the last team from getting over the line and I think it will prove extremely difficult for this team and until they prove otherwise I don't think we can say they can handle pressure. Not yet anyway.
    I agree i suppose my point is you can't really say yet that Waterford won't handle the pressure well because the current team is full of guys who weren't around when that has happened before. Personally i don't think it will be our year we will fall short IMO around the semi final stage. Provided they don't get hammered in the Munster Final i'd look back on the season as very positive, nobody expected us to win the AI or even the Munster at the start of the year and i still don't expect it either.

• Advertisement

southstand wrote: »

You can't say that for certain. Fact is people writing off Clare are naive talent wise their the 3rd best team in the country and capable of beating anyone on a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

QuinDixie wrote: »
    I would encourage anyone thinking of a bet to throw it on limerick. Limerick are a good team, at home and playing against that tipp full back line will make hay.
    Limerick by 5.

How did that work out for you?

You can't say that for certain. Fact is people writing off Clare are naive talent wise their the 3rd best team in the country and capable of beating anyone on a good day.

You are right I cant, I was actually shouting them on in the final and fair play to them but I just feel they had a lucky run to the final where everything fell in their favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Bad, bad, bad- Richie Mc had an absolute nightmare today; got taken apart for goals. Tipp did everything better, only Dowling really stood out for us today. But if you don't have a strong foundation, you'll do nothing.

To pull it back to a point, and miss so many chances to level or go in front and then to fall away completely is the most disappointing thing. Our fightback was originally good but we had to keep it up.

Not one of Mcarthy's better days but he is a good hurler and Callanan is a very hard man to stop when on form, Limerick showed great heart first ten mins 2nd half but seemed to give up when Tipp went 3 points ahead again

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Bad, bad, bad- Richie Mc had an absolute nightmare today; got taken apart for goals. Tipp did everything better, only Dowling really stood out for us today. But if you don't have a strong foundation, you'll do nothing.

To pull it back to a point, and miss so many chances to level or go in front and then to fall away completely is the most disappointing thing. Our fightback was originally good but we had to keep it up.

Felt sorry for McCarthy. Callanan is almost impossible to stop when he's getting a good supply of ball out ahead of him to run onto. That said it was a terrible misjudgement for the 2nd Tipp goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

southstand wrote: »

Not sure about that, KK in 2013 just couldnt get their act together, and lost to both Dublin and Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

In fairness, all the guy said was that Tipperary will take some beating.......and they will. Waterford will have enough to do to win the Munster Final although I expect them to.

You are right about one thing, Kilkenny winning the All-Ireland is inevitable. They'd have beaten the pick of what was in Limerick today out the gate.

Powerhouse wrote: »
    In fairness, all the guy said was that Tipperary will take some beating.......and they will. Waterford will have enough to do to win the Munster Final although I expect them to.

You are right about one thing, Kilkenny winning the All-Ireland is inevitable. They'd have beaten the pick of what was in Limerick today out the gate.
    In fairness all I said was id be cautious regards tipp as the view tipp will take some beating I disagree in kk are still the team to beat

Fair enough you want to belive the hype that tippeary best team Ireland but kk earned my respect and admiration on performance and bar beating weak league team tippeary lost loads kk recent times so no doubt tipp excellent team and would beat anyone when play kk have to convince

I just my opinion of course would think tippeary will win munster as they showed bottle at crucial time win game normally would loose and waterford were pulled apart defence wise v them in the league and waterford struggle score play twenty minutes v Cork and if tipp score early waterford will need to change and tippeary full back line strong and barret come in

Tippeary won't want play kk all Ireland semi so they will go all out beat waterford and league has been shown this year not be great gauge as tippeary kk weren't great but showed real statement today

I still have questions regards waterford but should beat tipp immense credit will be due

• Advertisement

In fairness all I said was id be cautious regards tipp as the view tipp will take some beating I disagree in kk are still the team to beat

Fair enough you want to belive the hype that tippeary best team Ireland but kk earned my respect and admiration on performance and bar beating weak league team tippeary lost loads kk recent times so no doubt tipp excellent team and would beat anyone when play kk have to convince

I just my opinion of course would think tippeary will win munster as they showed bottle at crucial time win game normally would loose and waterford were pulled apart defence wise v them in the league and waterford struggle score play twenty minutes v Cork and if tipp score early waterford will need to change and tippeary full back line strong and barret come in

Tippeary won't want play kk all Ireland semi so they will go all out beat waterford and league has been shown this year not be great gauge as tippeary kk weren't great but showed real statement today

I still have questions regards waterford but should beat tipp immense credit will be due

Why did you not read my post before replying?

I said that I expect Waterford to win the Munster Final and am utterly convinced that Kilkenny will win the All Ireland.

Two things i am not sure aboyt is how winning the Munster final can help Tipperary avoid Kilkenny. The could lose the Munster Final and throw subsequent the All- Ireland QF and would avoid Kilkenny that way.

On a different note you are talking about "the hype that Tipperary are the best team in Ireland". Who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

re: thinkstoomuch1

Any small chance you might like to form your sentences into coherent, grammatically correct structures?

How do you know Galway won't win Leinster? What age were you in 2012?

MfMan wrote: »
    re: thinkstoomuch1

Any small chance you might like to form your sentences into coherent, grammatically correct structures?

How do you know Galway won't win Leinster? What age were you in 2012?
    I respect your right to opinion
    My opinion is they won't beat kk and could be wrong but three years nothing do with now and kk will be expecting beat Galway
    I suppose being all Ireland champion and Galway flatter decive big games in the past I suppose call it logic like many expected kk beat Galway

Any small chance you don't get personal your post please

Why did you not read my post before replying?

I said that I expect Waterford to win the Munster Final and am utterly convinced that Kilkenny will win the All Ireland.

Two things i am not sure aboyt is how winning the Munster final can help Tipperary avoid Kilkenny. The could lose the Munster Final and throw subsequent the All- Ireland QF and would avoid Kilkenny that way.

On a different note you are talking about "the hype that Tipperary are the best team in Ireland". Who said that?
    If win munster and kk win leinster they avoid each other
    Lot media expect tipp win the All Ireland

Lot media expect tipp win the All Ireland

Anthony Daly and Micheal Duignan didn't even expect them to beat Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

I respect your right to opinion
    My opinion is they won't beat kk and could be wrong but three years nothing do with now and kk will be expecting beat Galway
    I suppose being all Ireland champion and Galway flatter decive big games in the past I suppose call it logic like many expected kk beat Galway

Any small chance you don't get personal your post please

How do you know KK are not as good as 2012 and Galway not better? They (KK) walloped Offaly in the semi' but a team containing Tommy Walsh, Henry, Brian Hogan and Richie Power were blown away in the final they were strong favourites for.

It's hard to debate with you or read your posts if one can't make sense of them. Try reading them aloud when you type.....

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »
    How do you know KK are not as good as 2012 and Galway not better? They (KK) walloped Offaly in the semi' but a team containing Tommy Walsh, Henry, Brian Hogan and Richie Power were blown away in the final they were strong favourites for.

It's hard to debate with you or read your posts if one can't make sense of them. Try reading them aloud when you type.....
    Who won the all Ireland that year
    Kilkenny not opinion but a fact
    Kk won't be caught cold this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Where was Cathal Barrett today?

Anthony Daly and Micheal Duignan didn't even expect them to beat Limerick.

Ah seriously now duignan greatest respect to them are not the greatest pundit in terms calling a match
    As for daly I have huge time for him but he's heavily involved limerick minor and under age academic scene so naturally he'll buy in to home advantage limerick hype as he's being imo lined up for next senior job and if limerick don't do well don't be shocked if Ryan is let go as limerick board don't always do loyalty to managers

closeline wrote: »
    Where was Cathal Barrett today?

Injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Who won the all Ireland that year
    Kilkenny not opinion but a fact
    Kk won't be caught cold this time

You know if you use punctuation, you won't have to put sentences on different lines in order to be understood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement