Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas after Croke Park Concert

Options
  • 19-06-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

We're heading up to the Script concert in Croke Park tomorrow night. I'm going to park at the Red Cow and get the Luas in because I've only ever drove into Jury's on Custom House quay so I'm not familiar with the city. Can anyone tell me how hard is it to get the Luas after a concert? Is there a possibility of not getting on one? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No, you'll be fine. But don't head to Abbey Street to get on. Head to Busaras or Connolly instead, will be a lot easier getting on there. If there's a mad queue at Busaras head away from the City Centre and walk along the Luas tracks to the next stop - George's Dock. And make sure to buy a return ticket at the Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jamboat

That's good to know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

doing the same myself lets hope there is room to park now at the red cow!!!

We'll be going up a bit early to do a bit of shopping. Aiming to be at Red Cow around 12ish so hopefully will get parking then. But could be busier later on. Really looking forward to the concert!!

same as, head up early lunch and some shopping in the big smoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

No, you'll be fine. But don't head to Abbey Street to get on. Head to Busaras or Connolly instead, will be a lot easier getting on there. If there's a mad queue at Busaras head away from the City Centre and walk along the Luas tracks to the next stop - George's Dock. And make sure to buy a return ticket at the Red Cow.
    Spencer Dock I think. Georges dock is south of the Liffey with no LUAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thebiglad

George's dock is outside of CHQ - it's a luas stop, there is also Mayor Square before Spencer Dock

Spencer dock is quite a trek down the IFSC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I have tickets for the stands. Can you get onto the pitch with stand tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭cgcsb

On all Ireland days the luas uses crowd control so if that's the case I'd say there'll be a queue to get on at Abbey Street. I'd recommend getting off at Busaras.

I'm going to head straight to Connolly after the concert. Definitely won't go to Abbey street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

galljga1 wrote: »
    I have tickets for the stands. Can you get onto the pitch with stand tickets?

No you won't be able to get onto the pitch with seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Jamboat wrote: »
    I'm going to head straight to Connolly after the concert. Definitely won't go to Abbey street.

Just be aware that all Luas go to Busaras, not all go to Connolly (some start at the Point).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

Just be aware that all Luas go to Busaras, not all go to Connolly (some start at the Point).

Be aware that they sometimes close Busaras Luas stop after Croke Park events though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I think that's George's Quay you're thinking of. George's Dock is in the IFSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

It's a long time since I was at a concert in Croke Park.
    What are you allowed bring in? I presume, a small bag with light rain gear, probably not liquids, snacks? Couldn't give a crap normally but have twelve year old daughter with me for the first time. It's great that she is into decent music and I don' have to go to 1D or similar crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alfiepip

Hi Jamboat,

Just wondering how you got on with the Luas after the concert? What stop did you get and were there major queues etc? Hoping to do the same as you were planning and park at Red Cow and get the Luas in and out.

Thanks
    Jamboat wrote: »
    We're heading up to the Script concert in Croke Park tomorrow night. I'm going to park at the Red Cow and get the Luas in because I've only ever drove into Jury's on Custom House quay so I'm not familiar with the city. Can anyone tell me how hard is it to get the Luas after a concert? Is there a possibility of not getting on one? Thanks

Alfiepip wrote: »
    Hi Jamboat,

Just wondering how you got on with the Luas after the concert? What stop did you get and were there major queues etc? Hoping to do the same as you were planning and park at Red Cow and get the Luas in and out.

Thanks

after the script concert myself and my son actually walked down to the jervis stop hopped on the luas from there. it was quite full but we got on the first one. There was no issues I wasn't waiting at all..

Advertisement