Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moposa seating Plan

Options
  • 19-06-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

So I haven't used Moposa at all really, but all the advice for seating plan suggests using an online tool, so I went on today to add all our guests which took a while, but seriously - assigning them to tables is the most laborious task ever! I am abandoning it and going to do it with pencil and paper tonight.
    The most un 'user friendly' site i have used in a long time.

Would love to know if anyone used it or found it as bad as me? (in case I am doing something really wrong)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's definitely clunky and slow. I'm using it to manage our guest list too, so all the guests are automatically added, but it had the seating plans set to 10 per table, with about 25 tables. I need 8 per table and only about 17 tables, so it took AGES to remove the excess tables just to get started. I gave up on it for now because were still waiting on RSVPs and I was just getting ahead of myself.

But the whole site has so much potential that's overcome by so many issues. I tried to use their electronic save the dates a few months back, and you can't even change the font on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I used it for mine. It was a bit clunky but not too bad.

The trick I found was to put everyone in groups before starting to work on the table plan itself.
    Get almost everyone into a groups of the 3 - 6 people you plan to seat them with. Put each of your awkward people/couples in a group with someone you know will look after them a bit/is social enough to get them talking.
    Don't make the groups too big, small groups give you a lot of flexibility while still ensuring that everyone has at least a few people on their table who they can talk to easily.

Then when you start seating people you pair up 2 - 3 groups to make a full table.

(Use the sort by group function, unfortunately you can't just plonk a whole group down on one table)

I took the extra tables off right at the start, but left the extra seats until I was nearly done. Our tables were ten people anyway, but that meant that they ranged from 9 - 11 in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I used it for mine and then the hotel changed around the tables anyway :\ So people I had at tables sitting up front were down the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ive spent all morning doing our seating plan. Its decent enough once you get used to it, the only thing is that I cannot find a way to delete tables (I know you can hide them but they still appear on the over head view) That and the fact you cannot manually move around / place tables yourself either, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We went really old school. Wrote everyone's name on a card, stuck sheets of paper with the table and the correct number of slots printed on them to the kitchen wall then stuck everyone's name to a table. Actually worked really well, we left it up for a week so we spotted things as we had meals and both sets of parents came to look and check too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ive spent all morning doing our seating plan. Its decent enough once you get used to it, the only thing is that I cannot find a way to delete tables (I know you can hide them but they still appear on the over head view) That and the fact you cannot manually move around / place tables yourself either, very annoying.

I think there's a button on the main seating plan screen. Maybe top right? I know I was able to delete tables anyway.

Edit: top left actually, just alongside the list of guest names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I just left the tables I had in the wrong place and told my venue which ones to switch.

It does lack a lot of what could be very easy functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

My venue sent me a drawing of the room with table configurations to suit my numbers.
    I then created an Excel spreadsheet with Tab 1 = table 1, Tab 2 = table 2 etc. I had 14 tabs in all.
    I printed off the table configuration drawing that the venue sent me in A3 (in work) and I magnified it using the photocopier. Then I wrote in the names on the drawing (for seating order at each table) I just wrote people's initials as not space to write their whole name obviously.When I was going around putting my place names out then I just had that sheet in my hand for guidance. No need for any special software ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

This is what my venue sent me. The rest you can do on Excel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

did anyone use toptableplanner? One Fab Day have recommended it a few times but its 13 euro to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I found moposa grand to be honest. Sure a little clunky here and there but generally it's good tool. I only used it for the guest list and table plan and the hotel had everything setup on the day according to the schematic they had provided on Moposa. So no complaints really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

fits wrote: »
    did anyone use toptableplanner? One Fab Day have recommended it a few times but its 13 euro to buy.

We used it for our wedding. Found it easy enough to use and was v useful for making last min changes. 13e isn't much, id say worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I bought the top table planner one. Handy enough! Did first version of plan in about ten minutes.

Advertisement