Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Summer Show

Options
  • 19-06-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

So, this is on this weekend and the weather is looking good. Anyone ever gone to it before? Is it just geared towards families/kiddies or does it have something for everyone? It looks from the website that there are big food & trade stand areas there.

Any tips for getting to/from it? Whats the parking situation like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Bacchus wrote: »
    So, this is on this weekend and the weather is looking good. Anyone ever gone to it before? Is it just geared towards families/kiddies or does it have something for everyone? It looks from the website that there are big food & trade stand areas there.

Any tips for getting to/from it? Whats the parking situation like?

I only went the once when it was out in Curraheen (is it still there?). Parking wasn't an issue, they have fields set aside for that. I was a bit disappointed with the show itself. Didn't seem to be much happening. I've found Charleville show to be much better. Maybe others have had better experience at the Cork Show though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'll be there this weekend... we've been a few times now. I bring the kids alright, we take a look at the rare breed cattle, go on the play areas and funfair bits. I went before we had kids too, all grand, plenty to do.

They've loads on. Horse shows, prize cattle, sheep and goats. Petting area for children with rabbits and things. Dog shows. There's a stage with music on it. Some vintage cars. A section for farm machinary, cars and trucks and tractors.

Parking is fine. Tips are same as any event. It's best when it's quiet, early in the morning is when we get there. Get in, get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cool, thanks for the info. We're mostly interested in going for food, trade & crafts stalls. For €30 though (2 adults), I'd just like it to be worth it and get a half day out of the trip.

Is the ticket for 1 day or for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

So was it any good? I must say when I was a kid I loved going when it was in the Show Grounds and I used to take part. but since they moved it, one year we went and it was rubbish then when I saw this year it was €15 each to go in I was like no way... I cant believe they charge that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I don't know anyone who paid anything to get in. Between exhibitors and sponsors, there were 1000's of free tickets flying around. Everyone I met was on a freebie anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

really tut tut. Yeah they were charging €15 at the gate to go in, so again unless you know someone..Would love to have gone to check it out but not for €30 for the two of us..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I went on the saturday and it was good. Paid €15 each but the kids were free so €30 for the 4 didnt seem too bad.
    Things in there were a rip off tho. €2 for a small cone and €3 each for the 90second rides at the fun fair. Not sure how expensive food was as we were going for dinner afterwards but id imagine it wasnt cheap either.
    Good day out tho and the kids loved it. Plenty of animals, music, face painting and bouncy castles that you didnt have to pay for that kept them occupied.
    Id go again next year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I went with the gf and 2 kids.
    Paid the entrance fee and thought it was pretty good in fairness.
    Loads to see and do and a section of the kids bouncy castles were free for the smaillies which was good.

Only bad point was at the end it started to rain so everyone left at the same time so it took an hour to get out.

I'd defo go again

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

l was there on Saturday. Weather was fab. €30 seemed a bit steep but the kids enjoyed it so that was the main things. Kids enjoyed the bouncy castle albeit it got a bit mental so we moved on. The petting farm was class for the kids. The vintage cars were nice. Watching some of those Bulls in action being a City boy ! christ they are serious animals to be managing. Wouldn't fancy dealing with them myself, was watching from a safe distance. :-) Parking was grand and it was well organised in fairness. Thought the kids area could have been a bit bigger. Overall would go again.

Advertisement