Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Surveyor Contact

Options
  • 19-06-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am looking to get references to the chartered structural surveyor to do a survey of a property in Charlesland court. Any references highly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Would you consider a Chartered Building Surveyor instead?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 er_akhil

astrofluff wrote: »
    Would you consider a Chartered Building Surveyor instead?

Oh yes...i think both are same...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

They're essentially different professions as a structural engineer will be mainly interested in structural issues and not the overall picture which the building surveyor should cover! But then again, it depends on the service you actually want :)

This is a good guide for when buying a house and what types of surveys you can have completed. Surveys of Residential Property

I am unable to recommend any as I have a vested interest! What I can suggest is that the SCSI have a list of surveyors throughout the country that meet the necessary standards. I'd certainly recommend you check the surveyor conducting the inspection has Chartered status so you know you are getting the service necessary.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

I know Banahan surveyors have done some work in the area, the guy works out of Charlesland wood so would be knowledgeable about the properties.

Advertisement