Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFiber, via Sales-rep @ door

Options
  • 19-06-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

just had two Eircom sales reps. at the door, offering me Eircom eFiber. Coincidental, i have been keen to get Fiber for a while now. Long story short, i signed up for eFiber there and then.

The rep. quoted me 35 a month for the first 6, and 58 thereafter.. I am currently with another provider on standard ADSL broadband and pay circa 50euro for both broadband and talk.

After finishing the sale, I went in to do some research online, and found that Eircom.ie was offering the same deal, with an additional 10e off for the frst 6 (25e) -- i was a little annoyed!

After getting a cold-sales-call to the door, and signing up there and then.. i found out i can do it all myself without the hassle online, and saving an extra 10e a month!! I feel duped! :(

is there anything i can do? - Can i get the discount applied to my account once setup? 

i know its only 10e, but i would consider cancelling the order, just because the principal of it. 

My current provider has now offered me a deal, once they heard i was leaving.. so it's a decision im considering making now..

is there anything you guys can do?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You can cancel the order within 14 days cooling off period. Order online then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

just had two Eircom sales reps. at the door, offering me Eircom eFiber. Coincidental, i have been keen to get Fiber for a while now. Long story short, i signed up for eFiber there and then.

The rep. quoted me 35 a month for the first 6, and 58 thereafter.. I am currently with another provider on standard ADSL broadband and pay circa 50euro for both broadband and talk.

After finishing the sale, I went in to do some research online, and found that Eircom.ie was offering the same deal, with an additional 10e off for the frst 6 (25e) -- i was a little annoyed!

After getting a cold-sales-call to the door, and signing up there and then.. i found out i can do it all myself without the hassle online, and saving an extra 10e a month!! I feel duped! :(

is there anything i can do? - Can i get the discount applied to my account once setup? 

i know its only 10e, but i would consider cancelling the order, just because the principal of it. 

My current provider has now offered me a deal, once they heard i was leaving.. so it's a decision im considering making now..

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Sorry to hear this. I can assure you there is no deliberate attempt to sign you up to a more expensive plan. You can cancel your order if you wish, as advised by the above comments there's a 14 day cooling off period. Please contact our cancellations team on free phone 1901 if you wish to cancel the order.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Sorry to hear this. I can assure you there is no deliberate attempt to sign you up to a more expensive plan. You can cancel your order if you wish, as advised by the above comments there's a 14 day cooling off period. Please contact our cancellations team on free phone 1901 if you wish to cancel the order.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

thanks for getting back to me.

I guess i am shooting myself in the foot really, as i do want eFibre anyway, but feel duped as i could have done all the work myself online and saved myself an extra 10e a month.

Is there anything you could do as a goodwill gesture re my account - seen as i am a new customer. Save me having to cancel and then re-join? - maybe my details are now on the system?

I would really appreciate it 

thanks

Robert

Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I guess i am shooting myself in the foot really, as i do want eFibre anyway, but feel duped as i could have done all the work myself online and saved myself an extra 10e a month.

Is there anything you could do as a goodwill gesture re my account - seen as i am a new customer. Save me having to cancel and then re-join? - maybe my details are now on the system?

thanks

Robert
    Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    any update on this? - really hope this isn't a sign of customer service to come :(

Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

thanks

Robert
    Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    any update on this? - really hope this isn't a sign of customer service to come :(
    Apologies for the delays RobertHopkins

I have checked this with our accounts team who have advised that a discount cannot be offered on the terms there are cheaper plans available online. If indeed you would like to cancel and re-order the product only then will the online pricing be available.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news Robert.

Al 

• Advertisement

Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

thanks

Robert
    Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al

I have checked this with our accounts team who have advised that a discount cannot be offered on the terms there are cheaper plans available online. If indeed you would like to cancel and re-order the product only then will the online pricing be available.

Al 
    Thanks for getting back to me Al. Apologies for my frustrations, it's just one of those situations where i am more annoyed at myself than anything else! - i guess it is what it is.

I will have a think about it, perhaps i will cancel and re-order

Robert

Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

thanks

Robert
    Hi there,

thanks
    Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al

Al 
    Thanks for getting back to me Al. Apologies for my frustrations, it's just one of those situations where i am more annoyed at myself than anything else! - i guess it is what it is.

I will have a think about it, perhaps i will cancel and re-order

Robert
    You're most welcome RobertHopkins

I had hoped I could offer better news and I thank you for your understanding

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement