Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day out in Laois

• 19-06-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I am trying to arrange a day out for a group of kids, a camogie team and am looking for something or somewhere to take them between Portlaois and Dublin but close to Portlaoise if possible. We will be playing a match and want to make a day out rather than just a match and home.

A park or trail or estate where we could possible have a BBQ.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance
    LeoB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

LeoB wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I am trying to arrange a day out for a group of kids, a camogie team and am looking for something or somewhere to take them between Portlaois and Dublin but close to Portlaoise if possible. We will be playing a match and want to make a day out rather than just a match and home.

A park or trail or estate where we could possible have a BBQ.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance
    LeoB

Emo court is lovely leo, only ten mins from Portlaoise. Also in your direction with maybe a 5 minute detour.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

YbFocus wrote: »
    Emo court is lovely leo, only ten mins from Portlaoise. Also in your direction with maybe a 5 minute detour.

im not sure BBQs are allowed in emo court grounds... worth checking that out before planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

YbFocus wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I hear it is a lovely spot.
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    im not sure BBQs are allowed in emo court grounds... worth checking that out before planning.

Thanks will give them a call. Its a few weeks away yet so we have a little time to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Map of Ireland

I would also agree with Emo court, really nice to walk around.

Advertisement