Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cook lasagne in aluminium trays?

Options
  • 19-06-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

About to make lasagne and I broke my baking dish. Found a pack of aluminium trays in the cupboard.....the ones with the cardboard tops. Is it ok to cook the lasagne in these trays? TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can't see why there would be a problem, other than that they're very flimsy. Put them on a solid baking tray for support and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Faith wrote: »
    I can't see why there would be a problem, other than that they're very flimsy. Put them on a solid baking tray for support and you should be fine.

Thanks Faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

The premade ones in lidl come in aluminium trays - you just bung in the oven and voila! Next best thing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

<food safety advice snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

Thanks Vrinda, that's kind of what I was concerned about. It was just a once off as I broke my dish and I thought there would be a metallic taste but it was grand for a once off. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hi Vrinda, your first post was removed because it was moving into food safety territory, that's not allowed here. I have removed the same info from your second post & would ask you to not post it again. Thanks a mill!

MissF

Advertisement