Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime Federation Force

Options
  • 19-06-2015 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

This is the metroid game we're getting for now, so we should all deal.

- use the second stick on the New 3DS to look around
    - game also runs on the regular 3DS
    - Blast Ball could serve as a replacement for a traditional tutorial
    - concept for the game has been floating around for 10 years now
    - single player mode
    - no four against four player matches
    - co-op four player mode where you fight as a team against space pirates
    - three major planets
    - roughly 10 different missions on each planet
    - areas for you to look around and explore
    - no visor scanning
    - a mission involves Metroids
    - Samus will make an appearance
    - move around in mechs that are outfitted before each mission
    - choose to be more of a “healer” by equipping repair capsules
    - arm yourself with super missiles
    - game is overseen by Nintendo’s Yoshihito Ikebata and Ryuichi Nakada
    - 4-player co-op first-person shooter set in the Metroid Prime universe
    - local and online muliplayer
    - requires 4-player squads to complete different kinds of missions
    - missions have different objectives (for example; trying to capture certain kinds of creatures)
    - missions start with briefings
    - select different kinds of items and weapons to take into combat with you
    - this includes Repair Capsules to Shield Generators to Missiles to Slow Beams
    - music done in-house at NLG, along with Kenji Yamamoto.
    - Metroid Prime: Federation Force Blast Ball
    - includes Blast Ball, which is a 3-on-3 sci-fi sport mode
    - shoot a ball into the opponent’s goal to score
    - gain a competitive edge by collecting and using a variety of individual power-ups, such as barriers
    - match ends when a team scores three goals
    - send the Blast Ball game for free to other Nintendo 3DS owners via Nintendo 3DS Download Play
    - being hit with the ball will damage your suit
    - take too much damage and you'll have to wait to respawn
    - Movement is mapped to the Circle Pad, 'B' jumps and 'A' fires your cannon, either in rapid bursts or a charged shot
    - holding down 'R' allows you to strafe with the Circle Pad or fine-tune your aim with the gyroscope
    - holding 'L' locks onto the ball
    - while locked on to the ball, your mech's lateral movement is much slower
    - C-stick on the New 3DS demo units wasn't used in the demo
    Tanabe: Personally, I don’t feel like I am creating anything that is a side-story. Until now, we’ve never had a game focusing on the Federation Force fighting against the space pirates. So the main idea here is that I sort of wanted to change that focus a little bit and see it from a different view from the same universe. So as I briefly mentioned earlier, once you play the game you’ll be able to feel that Metroid Prime universe. So it’s kind of... at this point it’s a little difficult I’m sure for both sides to get that idea ...for players who haven’t touched the game, it’s really difficult to imagine that feeling you get when you touch the game. So it’s a kind of an unfortunate situation at this time, but it’s something I definitely look forward to having the users touch it and play and experience the awesomeness of it.

Hmm. We'll see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

cloud493 wrote: »
    This is the metroid game we're getting for now

But not the Metroid game we deserve :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure what the moaning is about to me, looks like a first person Monster Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure what the moaning is about to me, looks like a first person Monster Hunter.

Cos metroid isn't monster hunter.

But whatever, the proof of the pudding will indeed be in the eating, and I'll reserve judgement till I play it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the way I see it back in 1992 mario wasn't a racing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not sure what the moaning is about to me.
    looks like a first person Monster Hunter.

You answered yourself. If people want to play Monster Hunter, they'll buy monster hunter. Metroid fans want a metroid game.

If you bought the new Shin Megami Tensei whatever game, and it was actually Tomb raider just with a different name, you wouldnt be happy. You can't just stick a name on something and pretend it is something else.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    If you bought the new Shin Megami Tensei whatever game, and it was actually Tomb raider just with a different name, you wouldnt be happy. You can't just stick a name on something and pretend it is something else.

You should have picked a better series than Shin Megami Tensei. That series replaced the dark post apocalytic setting with teenagers and a school setting and got rid of the world map and replaced it with a dating sim. That ended up as Persona. Then they turned it into an action game series with Devil Summoner which was fantastic as well. There's only 4 main SMT games while spin-offs make up most of the content and those experiments have been very successful.

I don't know why developers can't have a bit of light hearted fun with the series. This obviously isn't meant to be taken that seriously. Other M probably did more to damage the franchise my destroying the Samus character and kicking the Prime series out of the canon. It might even give the series some recognition in Japan where Metroid has never been that popular. Even Final Fantasy is going monster hunter as well and lets not forget Metal Gear did the same with Peace Walker which was excellent.

Advertisement