Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1300 Gaming PC

Options
  • 19-06-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,

About a week ago I asked for help with a 700e pc build for gaming and music production and received some great help. I went on searching for parts and along the way eventually my budget kept increasing! I now pretty much have increased my budget to between €1200 and €1300 including a monitor and shipping.

With the help from my last post from Digital Solitude and TerrorFirmer and a lot of my own research, I have created this parts list to be ordered from HV.de.

I still am uncertain of which graphics card to use.

Intel Core i5-4690K Box, LGA1150
    232,26 €

Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 120 GB
    65,55 €

8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    49,53 €

AOC i2369Vm Value
    152,36 €

WD Blue 1TB SATA 6GB/s 9,5mm
    57,48 €

Thermaltake Berlin 630W
    58,33 €

ASRock Z97 Pro4, Sockel 1150, ATX

103,89 €

NZXT H440
    129,05 €

MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G
    479,90 €
    or
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, 4GB GDDR5 € 356.82

Is this build worth the roughly €1300 price or can I build a better PC for the same price?

I am ordering by next wednesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd get a Xeon 1231v3 with a H97 board

Fairly sure that's only a holding price for the 390x too.

I'd add a 250gb SSD for storage if allows.

Fairly good after that :)

And run the parts through geizhals.de to knock another bit off

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CianSmyth

Great, I'll have a look now. Do you think I'd be better with the 390x or the 970?

The 390X trades blows (supposedly) with the 980, the 970s big brother, but I'm not sure if the price is justified at close to €500.

It's hard to call seeing as the card hasn't been released. The 390x is certainly faster though.

Yeah, see the Gigabyte G1 model of the 390x is shown as 450 on Geizheil so hopefully by next Wednesday the price will be confirmed. If its close to 500 the gtx 970 will probably be better value.

• Advertisement

Pretty much yeah, it'll depend on third party benchmarks too, they'll be out shortly

Great, a few more days of waiting will do me no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

The G1 gaming is a great overclocker and can reach the power of a refernce 980. Also if you stick with the 4690k you can overclock to get more out of the processor.

I've just built a 4690k + G1 970. Haven't overcloked it yet, haven't had the chance to even play some games yet, but will have some time tomorrow.

The CPU has next to no impact on gaming. You might pull 3 or 4 frames more with a benchmark after ocing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The CPU has next to no impact on gaming. You might pull 3 or 4 frames more with a benchmark after ocing

It delends on the game to be fair, some games a actually CPU limited. But generally speaking the GPU is indeed mpre important.

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    It delends on the game to be fair, some games a actually CPU limited. But generally speaking the GPU is indeed mpre important.

It rarely has an impact them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

It rarely has an impact them :pac:

Nope, dayz and all arma games are heavily cpu reliant.

That's 4 games, all from the same developer.

Maybe they're just crap.

Starcraft 2, Planetside 2, Rome 2, WoW, pretty much most strategy/MMO games. Also a lot of badly done console ports.

Sorry Gumbi I was well on it last night :pac: *Edit you too John :p

Is the i5 or the Xeon the undisputed recommendation then?

Sorry Gumbi I was well on it last night :pac:

Is the i5 or the Xeon the undisputed recommendation then?

Doesn't really matter tbh. HT rarely gives a sizeable performance benefit and the iGPU on the i5 can be handy.

I suppose I'll make my mind up on the day I order! :pac:

Probably going to end up going with the MSI Gtx 970, perhaps the 100ME

100ME?

It's just the MSI 970 with a backplate.

• Advertisement

It appears the MSI 390x has dropped in price to €450 on hardversand maybe even more once the geizhel site is updated. Would the €70 difference between it and the 970 be worth it , in terms of longevity and performance?

Sorry if I have kept this thread going for to long!

Keep the thread going until you're happy with your selections! If AMDs benchmarks are accurate then I'd pick the 390x over the 970 for that money yeah

This has been by far the hardest part to choose. If geizhel gets me an extra bit off is say it's a definite buy.

Finally ordered, went with the MSI GTX 970 and 4690k.

What would be the cheapest option of obtaining Windows? I'm a student if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Reddit. Look at Digital's post history for stalkin... i mean for the link.

Ended up getting windows through the link, thanks! I ordered from hardwareversand last Tuesday via online bank transfer and my order status changed to "Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed to us" on the Wednesday. It is still at this stage and I have not received any information. Is this normal?

Does normally take 4-5 days afaik, if it hits a week I'd ring them

Hey,

I am still waiting with no update and no reply to my emails. Tried to call over the past hour and it just calls out. Is this usual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Something is probably out of stock. Took about 1.5 weeks to get a build shipped for me recently so wouldn't worry too much yet.

Advertisement