Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rider down..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Passed the spot on Sunday after they'd re opened the road, didn't know it had been a fatality till I got home. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus that is sad news indeed.....

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A KTM i believe..

It was a KTM RC8.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

He was my friend. A tall and super enthusiastic Austrian man driving a beast of a white KTM RC8. We used to go together with another mate every sunday, but for whatever reason we went that saturday before and he couldnt join, so he went solo on sunday for a spin. Beautiful weather, experienced rider and very well known road, I am still wondering how it happened.. Rest In Peace Uwe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

PlayerA wrote: »
    He was my friend. A tall and super enthusiastic Austrian man driving a beast of a white KTM RC8. We used to go together with another mate every sunday, but for whatever reason we went that saturday before and he couldnt join, so he went solo on sunday for a spin. Beautiful weather, experienced rider and very well known road, I am still wondering how it happened.. Rest In Peace Uwe.

Sad for you mate...i knew the bike well,, saw your group a few times in Laragh....
    Wonder was it a sheep/wildlife related crash..

Again ,sorry for your loss mate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sorry for your loss, condolences to his family and friends. Always hard when there are unanswered questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I am still wondering how it happened.. Rest In Peace Uwe.

Sometimes that question can not be answered.

I've had a lot of friends killed in motorbike accidents, and this is always a question which lingers for a long, long time.

I hope you find the answer to your question, but usually we don't.

Be safe man, ride well. PM me if you wanna chat, I've been down this road a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PlayerA

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the support. Apparently an inquest can take more than a year so i will probably not get an answer very soon if i ever get one.. at the moment i guess the least i can do is try to support his family as I can.

Ride safe everyone

Advertisement