Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often can they ring?

Options
  • 19-06-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity I was wondering what rules/regulations/laws are there regarding financial institutions/utilities etc ring customers in debt and demanding payment.

I know there was something either this year or last year regarding the banks being allowed do this but does this extend to other companies and how often can they ring and what exactly can they say/ask?

A friend was recently rang by a utility company who actually told my friend to get their card ready to collect a full payment then and there which sounds odd to me!

GM228

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Bord Gais and upc do this the whole time.

Something like'the balance on the account is 125, how will you be making payment today madam? Etc.

I just say, I'm not in a position to make that payment at the moment and for that I am sorry, I wish to make a payment of XXX.

As far as I can remember, they can call 2 times per month. Also is only counts if they get through.

I had a complaint held against three a few years ago. 15 calls in 14 days.

Advertisement