Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd printer

Options
  • 19-06-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I would be able to buy a cd/dvd printer in Dublin? Just need to be able to print text onto the cover of cds and dvds and having trouble finding a place that sells this kind of printer. Any feedback would be kindly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I would be able to buy a cd/dvd printer in Dublin? Just need to be able to print text onto the cover of cds and dvds and having trouble finding a place that sells this kind of printer. Any feedback would be kindly appreciated.

I would have thought maplin would be the best bet for something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭AdmiringWig

No- tried Maplin and no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

No- tried Maplin and no luck!

Do you mean onto the surface of the disk? There were Lightscribe burners you could get that would etch onto the discs. Might be able to pick one up on eBay.

Yes, exactly, onto the surface of the disc. Thanks for that. But is there nowhere in Dublin that sells these!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Yes, exactly, onto the surface of the disc. Thanks for that. But is there nowhere in Dublin that sells these!?

I think they went the way of the mini-disc. Digital formats of audio and video files kind of rendered the market obsolete. Online might be your only option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Best bet for the litescribe burner would be to look for a second hand PC. My Pc has one and its several years old. You would need special disks though instead of the usual dvds.

Other than that, contact some local bands who may have released CDs and would have got the artwork/cds done, they would have gotten disks printed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we have something like this in work but it was over 2k about 10 years ago

http://www.primera.com/bravo-4100-models.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This Canon printer can apparently print on printable discs. See here

Nick

Thanks for that, Yoyo. Went and bought it! Nice one.

Advertisement