Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goodbye U.S.A for the great country it was

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Upping the general populations IQ would be one consequence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They should all look like Cherokee or Cree or Dakota.
    Awful immigration. tut tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I also like cake

"Good by"? :confused:

snubbleste wrote: »
    They should all look like Cherokee or Cree or Dakota.
    Awful immigration. tut tut tut

Pawnee are smexy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

More likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Good by grammar for the lost art it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This is what America will look like in 40 years, worst case scenario. It just goes to show, there are consequences to immigration.

Wasn't there native Americans before any immigration started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is what America will look like in 40 years, worst case scenario. It just goes to show, there are consequences to immigration.

http://mic.com/articles/87359/national-geographic-determined-what-americans-will-look-like-in-2050-and-it-s-beautiful

Yep really good ones, the gene pool of the population is far more varied and stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

God damn goobacks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

http://mic.com/articles/87359/national-geographic-determined-what-americans-will-look-like-in-2050-and-it-s-beautiful

This seems like a really positive outcome to me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

So in 40 years time, everyone will intently stare at cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

At what point will they stop calling themselves American with a prefix such as Irish,African,Chinese etc?

Hmm the article seems very triumphalist in tone.

Almost as if one enormous mixed race population is somehow "better" than existing status quo. It depends on what each race stands to "gain" from it.

Some people would argue that this is a sad situation where white Americans become largely endangered species. The same white Americans that largely built modern America as we know it. I will now sit in the corner and await the racism tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The glaring absence of fatties calls into question the veracity of these claims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Wang King wrote: »
    How does crossing a member from a non-intelligent race(e.g east aisan woman) with a intelligent race(white man) make the result more intelligent. I thought you'd be more likely to get a mixture of intelligence levels

I mean those east asians can't be very intelligent if they think that Eleanor Hawkins' breasts caused an earthquake. It's not just a coincidence that asians ended up believing silly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Worst-case scenario?"

Why? Because the already ethnically diverse US will be slightly more so? Why would that be bad?

Or do you mean that there'll be a small proportion of Native Americans left?

How does crossing a member from a non-intelligent race(e.g east aisan woman) with a intelligent race(white man) make the result more intelligent. I thought you'd be more likely to get a mixture of intelligence levels

For example, a east woman and a white man. I mean those east asians can't be very intelligent if they think that Eleanor Hawkins' breasts caused an earthquake. It's not just a coincidence that aisans ended up believing silly stuff.

You're obviously intelligent enough to have a good grasp of irony, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

For example, a east woman and a white man. I mean those east asians can't be very intelligent if they think that Eleanor Hawkins' breasts caused an earthquake. It's not just a coincidence that aisans ended up believing silly stuff.

WOW

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

This will be the anthem too, won't it OP?

Yes, yes indeed.....*walks aways as fast as his 2 little legs will carry him*

Hmm the article seems very triumphalist in tone.

Almost as if one enormous mixed race population is somehow "better" than existing status quo. It depends on what each race stands to "gain" from it.

Some people would argue that this is a sad situation where white Americans become largely endangered species. The same white Americans that largely built modern America as we know it. I will now sit in the corner and await the racism tag.

"Endangered:" very loaded language. You might it sound like white Americans are being killed, when what we're looking at are broad demographic shifts.

And one very obvious advantage of ethnic diversity is increased genetic diversity.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Nobody likes a wise-ass!

Wang King wrote: »

You mean different races/ethnicities have different IQs? Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I always wonder about threads like this when the OP isn't a recent reg.

Do people think "well, I have been here a year and a half, time to go mental.
    I've always wanted to try being banned..."?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

jaykay74 wrote: »

The so called 'native americans ' are immigrants too.

The land should be returned to its elk heritage.

Nobody likes a wise-ass!

Wise ass was a cousin of Talks to Donkeys and a brother of Runs With Dogs.

"Worst-case scenario?"

Why? Because the already ethnically diverse US will be slightly more so? Why would that be bad?
    I think it's nice to have cultures and races maintained... rather than all of us being the same. I'll never view these hybrid kids as pure! I hope I don't fall in love with a hybrid woman.

• Advertisement

I always wonder about threads like this when the OP isn't a recent reg.

Do people think "well, I have been here a year and a half, time to go mental.
    I've always wanted to try being banned..."?

Try !? I can do without even trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm not seeing any mention of causes of "goodbye USA" in the article you linked, funny enough.

"Endangered:" very loaded language. You might it sound like white Americans are being killed, when what we're looking at are broad demographic shifts.

And one very obvious advantage of ethnic diversity is increased genetic diversity.

Well the population of white Americans is decreasing so the effect is the same as if they were being killed. (in fact this is true in most white Western countries such as Germany and Russia).

Also, the long term picture outlined in the OP is not one of "diversity", since the pictures all look like the same "mixed race"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I think it's nice to have cultures and races maintained... rather than all of us being the same. I'll never view these hybrid kids as pure! I hope I don't fall in love with a hybrid woman.

Just express your views publicly and you'll be safe enough!

LOL, a "hybrid" woman :D

Is that a woman who shuts up when you stop at a red light? :P

kneemos wrote: »
    Try !? I can do without even trying.
    That's a nasty remark towards the mods. You have received a warning

• Advertisement

Well the population of white Americans is decreasing so the effect is the same as if they were being killed. (in fact this is true in most white Western countries such as Germany and Russia).

Also, the long term picture outlined in the OP is not one of "diversity", since the pictures all look like the same "mixed race"

Russia is a western country now? That was a sneaky move.

"White Americans"........you mean Americans of European descent, many of which from lineages for long periods not considered "white"......

The same white Americans that largely built modern America as we know it.

With the help of several million slaves working 16 hour days 6 days a week on threat of torture and murder.

Cultures and races have always changed gradually over time and always will. I don't see why you would want this to stop.
    Why would you want races to be maintained? It's just skin colour, people are all diverse regardless of their outer appearance. I'd still be the same person if I had slightly lighter or darker skin, if I'd had the same upbringing.
    How do you think races should be maintained? Controlled breeding? Segregation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I think it's nice to have cultures and races maintained... rather than all of us being the same.

I think most of the world is happy to maintain the different races, all except one particular race. It generally can't be discussed though as you will see soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

LOL, a "hybrid" woman :D

Runs on electric and petrol backup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

I wouldn't class the trans Atlantic slave trade as immigration.

Much of the reason for this is that white men find it easier to get get sex with foreigners. White women can afford to play hard to get. Perhaps they're too choosy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

OP makes Karl Pilkington seem like Alan Whicker

Letree wrote: »
    I think most of the world is happy to maintain the different races, all except one particular race. It generally can't be discussed though as you will see soon.
    Please tell me! PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭semionova

Both Pilkington and Whicker have their charms !

The effect is not the same at all. The cultural effect of a racially-motivated genocide in the most powerful is incalculable, and can't be compared to long-term population shifts. Would Rwanda be the same if the Tutsi population had very gradually declined due to differing birth rates?
    You're being deliberately sensationalist to try to make your beliefs seem more secure and based in reality.

How do you feel about people being mixed-race? Would you have a problem with a country where most of the people had ancestors from different races?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

semionova wrote: »
    Both Pilkington and Whicker have their charms !
    Yeah but one is an ignoramus and the other was a very capable social commentator.:)

Letree wrote: »

Correct. You don't see much acceptance of race mixing in places like Japan or Zimbabwe. In fact Zimbabwe is the most racist country in the world but you will never read or hear much about it from largely liberal media because it doesn't square with their "all evil is due to white men" philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭semionova

Yeah but one is an ignoramus and the other was a very capable social commentator.:)

There is no doubt he would have made a vastly bigger contribution to culture and was more enjoyable. Ah but don't knock Carl...We have Gervais to do that! :)

Correct. You don't see much acceptance of race mixing in places like Japan or Zimbabwe. In fact Zimbabwe is the most racist country in the world but you will never read or hear much about it from largely liberal media because it doesn't square with their "all evil is due to white men" philosophy.

It would be nice if people read from more than one hymn book. I doubt the tunes would be any better, but at least there'd be some more variety.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement