Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons return without packaging

Options
  • 19-06-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Bought new duvet covers in Heatons and only realised when the sheets were on the bed and the packaging gone in the bin that they're the wrong size. All I have left is the plastic resealable pack. All the cardboard and labels are in the bin and in no condition to be returned. I still have the receipt but can I exchange them without original packaging?

The only returns policy I can find online relate to online returns and states that items should be packed in original packaging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

They might do but are under no obligation to take products back. Indeed without the packaging, you might well struggle.

It's not Heaton's fault really that you didn't buy the right size.

Go in at a quiet time and you might be lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Realise that, going to chance my arm tomorrow and see what they say. Just wondering if anyone has a similar situation or knew the retailer's return policy in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd be fairly certain you're out of luck here.

http://www.heatonsstores.com/making-a-return/

That's the page I found as well but it only relates to online purchases. I can't find any details on in store purchase although I imagine they will be similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bed linen, like underwear, is rarely exchanged by stores, once opened, for very good reasons. As there is no defect it is good fortune if they do agree an exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You may get lucky and they may oblige you. Otherwise, why not flog them on adverts.ie?

No need, they exchanged them without any issues as I still had the receipt. Really nice and obliging as they were kinda busy at the time.

Advertisement