Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Centre Vibrancy

• 19-06-2015 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Was in Limerick today. First time in years. Really impressed by the vibrancy in the city centre. Though it was looking well too. As with the centre of every town in Ireland it has its share of empty units but definitely looks like the City Centre has made a comeback. Limerick is a fine city and I was delighted to see the numbers of people around the streets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Great :) Although you'd question why it was busy on a workday! Perhaps the Brown Thomas sale? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Great :) Although you'd question why it was busy on a workday! Perhaps the Brown Thomas sale? :)

In fairness I travel the country and lost count of the number of towns whose centre have had the life ripped out of them due to out of town development so its heartening to see a town centre that's vibrant. Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Kilkenny are the centres who centre seem vibrant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

holyhead wrote: »
    In fairness I travel the country and lost count of the number of towns whose centre have had the life ripped out of them due to out of town development so its heartening to see a town centre that's vibrant. Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Kilkenny are the centres who centre seem vibrant.
    Wish I could also contribute to the vibrancy midweek. Unfortunately I have a full time job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Wish I could also contribute to the vibrancy midweek. Unfortunately I have a full time job!

Funny enough so do I :P But even still I get a day off :D

Advertisement