Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your lowest point during the Bailout Years

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

It didn't affect us at all, I had been lucky to have gotten a decent pay rise before the sh1te hit the fan and was in an industry that up until a year ago, didn't suffer a dip, the sh1te has definitely hit the fan with it now and there have been a lot of redundancies now, including myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

They made sure their pals didn't suffer.

But they aren't to blame for the recession, at least we agree on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Once again recession had nothing to do with the politicians that you like to blame.

It was a global recession and Noonan had nothing to do with people having to emigrate, please try to do some basic research into why recessions occur.
    We borrowed money to build houses on flood plains, ghost estates in places where there were no jobs expect building houses, and splashed out on foreign properties in countries we'd never been to and you blame the global recession. If the global recession is to blame then why didn't everywhere suffer the same unemployment and emigration as we did.
    At the height of it 15% of the work force was in construction, add on services to construction and you're over 20% of the workforce in a building bubble that would leave parts of this country with more stock than it would need in three generations!
    Our regulators didn't regulate, our politicians kept property tax breaks long past their initial purpose and most damning of all the wheels came off the Irish property bubble 18months before Lehman brothers.

Take you global recession primer back to the Fianna Fail/Green party cretin who gave you candy on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

catbear wrote: »
    We borrowed money to build houses on flood plains, ghost estates in places where there were no jobs expect building houses, and splashed out on foreign properties in countries we'd never been to and you blame the global recession. If the global recession is to blame then why didn't everywhere suffer the same unemployment and emigration as we did.
    At the height of it 15% of the work force was in construction, add on services to construction and you're over 20% of the workforce in a building bubble that would leave parts of this country with more stock than it would need in three generations!
    Our regulators didn't regulate, our politicians kept property tax breaks long past their initial purpose and most damning of all the wheels came off the Irish property bubble 18months before Lehman brothers.

Take you global recession primer back to the Fianna Fail/Green party cretin who gave you candy on the street.

oh I agree the people had a huge part aswell in the recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manolo sanchez

Salary slashed, usc etc eating up remaining pay my husband developing throat cancer the enormous financial impact that made on us, my eldest daughter deferring college to work to help the family out, that was hard everyone wants to help their kids not have them put their lives on hold. But the smug I am alright jack attitude is disgusting, I wouldn't want anyone to suffer and struggle much less sit back and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Salary slashed, usc etc eating up remaining pay my husband developing throat cancer the enormous financial impact that made on us, my eldest daughter deferring college to work to help the family out, that was hard everyone wants to help their kids not have them put their lives on hold. But the smug I am alright jack attitude is disgusting, I wouldn't want anyone to suffer and struggle much less sit back and enjoy it.

Im really sorry for your situation with what must be a heart breaking first post. It puts others peoples problems in perspective - I agree that the smug comments are insensitive, but with a lot of people once life is okay with them they will gladly rub others faces in it. Sad really. I hope your situation improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

soap1978 wrote: »
    having to shop in aldi

in 2006 this post would get you probably hundreds of whore-likes. In 2015 not so funny anymore. ;)

Advertisement