Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuild help/opinions

Options
  • 19-06-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

So basically I'm reconstituting some parts from an older ATX pc to make a new mITX pc. Purpose is for general work and gaming at 1080p, gonna be moving around a lot soon hence the ITX. High settings in games is fine doesn't need to be maxing out new games.

I already have a 270x GPU, HDD, SSD and monitor keyboard/mouse from my current build so this is what I've come up with so far.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3,7GHz LGA1150 3MB Cache Boxed CPU 121,99 €

MOBO: ASRock H81M-ITX/WiFi, Sockel 1150, ITX 77,99 €
    (not sure about this mobo but don't think there's much of an improvement in the price range)

CASE: PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ITX Mini-ITX Window 67,99 €

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W Modular PSU 54 €
    ( modular to save space in the miTX case)

RAM: 8GB G.Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28 49,99 €
    (only 2 RAM slots on ITX mobos so getting one 8GB stick now to allow for upgrading)

Extra case fan= 14 €

Total price = 386 €

Max budget is ideally 400, 420/30 at a push. I still need to buy a cheap laptop too for taking into work.

What do yous think? Is that all good or could I do better in my budget? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks grand to me, non WiFi board is likely cheaper if you don't need it. I'd have no other suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Looks grand to me, non WiFi board is likely cheaper if you don't need it. I'd have no other suggestions

Similar non-wifi boards are about the same price actually on hardwareversand. My internet situation could be a bit dodgy in a couple of months time as I'm moving so I plan on using my phone as a wifi hotspot, it's got 4G so it'll do for a while. Thanks for looking it over!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No worries, you just want to make sure your 270x will fit inside the phantek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

No worries, you just want to make sure your 270x will fit inside the phantek

Yeah the Phantek is big for an ITX case, I think it has 13in of clearance, my 270x is 11.2in or so (it's the windforce edition).

Advertisement