Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended pub route

Options
  • 19-06-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a lot of free time over the next couple of weeks. One of the things I've always wanted to do was to go around Dublin on my own, with a book, and sample a pint in some of the best pubs in Dublin. One pint per pub, then off I go to the next one.

Disclaimer - the above sounds very touristy, but I am no tourist! I have lived in Dublin three years, and some of the pubs that I, inexplicably, have never been to (such as Ryans on Parkgate St., The Gravediggers in Glasnevin, to name just two), I must visit before I eventually leave.

So my question is...does anyone recommend a route to take in 1 pub at a time, where I can have a delicious pint of Guinness, and read my book (I've decided to brush up on my knowledge of the 1916 Rising for this 'crawl', for want of a better word, for the year that's in it).

A handy starting point, perhaps, would be Ryans of Parkgate St.

All suggestions and advice would be hugely appreciated!

Advertisement