Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor stands, interchangable between brands?

Options
  • 19-06-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I have some Dell computers which are being replaced by Fujitsu.
    I bought special steel monitor adjustable stands which screwed onto the back of the desk when we got the Dells years ago.
    The stands are attached to the back of the monitor with 4 screws.
    Will the same stands fit the new Fujitsu monitors, as in will the screw holes line up?
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Check the stands and new monitors to see if they confirm to the standard VESA mount specs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Could you hold onto the Dell monitors? I'm assuming they are VGA so might be an issue if the new PCs might only have DVI

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

DVI-I or DVI-A ports will support VGA->DVI adaptors. I would be very surprised if there are any new machines out there that don't support analog output in some form. But it is definitely something that should be considered (also the cost of VGA->DVI adaptors if required)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

yoyo wrote: »
    DVI-I or DVI-A ports will support VGA->DVI adaptors. I would be very surprised if there are any new machines out there that don't support analog output in some form. But it is definitely something that should be considered (also the cost of VGA->DVI adaptors if required)

Nick

Good point. It might be more likely to have VGA and HDMI and not have DVI at all.

Advertisement