Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hungry Cat

• 20-06-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Can anyone throw any light on this.
    We had the cat st the very last week. She is prone to scabby around her head. He gave her a flea treatment and a shot of oestrogen (I can't remember the name of the skin condition he suggested it might be).
    Since then her appetite is crazy. She is constantly hungry and eating way more than normal.
    Is this cause and effect?
    If so-does anyone know why? And how long till she settles back to less bank breaking eating habits?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Does it not say on your invoice what treatments she got? Ours always gives them to us as stuff like that goes in our treatment book that we keep for the cattle.

It's quite possibly just a temporary reaction to the shot but if you can find out the name of it, just google it and check if it's one of the more common side effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Can anyone throw any light on this.
    We had the cat st the very last week. She is prone to scabby around her head. He gave her a flea treatment and a shot of oestrogen (I can't remember the name of the skin condition he suggested it might be).
    Since then her appetite is crazy. She is constantly hungry and eating way more than normal.
    Is this cause and effect?
    If so-does anyone know why? And how long till she settles back to less bank breaking eating habits?
    Thanks
    Several years ago my neutered female cat developed a raw spot on her gums which my vet treated with hormone tablets suspecting the start of "rodent ulcer".
    Her appetite almost doubled overnight, and this continued while she was on the medication.
    Once stopped, she gradually returned to normal.

As far as I know that type of treatment is used for some kinds of skin conditions. Phone your vet and get it clarified to put your mind at rest.
    To be honest, the vet should have explained this to you at the time.

Advertisement