Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The profiterole cakes in the freezer are nice, a little bit sweet but its Christmas!
    We got the caramel one last year and went back for more but they never came back in.
    They have a strawberries and cream one too.
    We stocked up on both this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I saw something new in Aldi today.

Beer for dogs. The brand name is Bottom Sniffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Subacio wrote: »

They have 'pawsecco' as well for cats. Just for Xmas I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Subacio wrote: »

I bought a bottle...and I don't even have a dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

They'll be feline fine after a few bowls of that stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yeah, they're Christmas specials. Was looking at the Pawseco yesterday but it's like elderflower and other such stuff. No way my cat would drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

B0jangles wrote: »
    I can't help with that i'm afraid, but you've just reminded me that the whole range of pizzas in the black box - the Etna, Romagna, etc. are gone from my local Aldi, gone for at least two weeks. I'm hoping that it's just to make room for the Christmas stuff and they'll be back in the new year.
    Those were great pizzas, the fresh one over in the fridge is just as spicy as the Etna but its twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone tried the prosecco with the red foil and tag?
    Hoping it might be nice Xmas day fizz..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just bought the karahi chicken pizza, on a recommendation previously in the thread. Will give my verdict when it's in my tummy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Got a few of the Mcgargles big bangin IPA too. €3 per 500ml bottle, but 7.1 abv. Not too bad at all, quite resinous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I really liked the Chargrilled vegetable Carlos brand frozen pizza; but I went to get one on my last 2 shopping trips and they haven't been there :( anybody spotted them in their local? Or have they been removed? I didn't see the label for them so I fear they're gone

I looked out for this one in my local aldi (Bray) yesterday and there was no sign of it - still hoping they'll all be back after christmas though - think of all the freezer space they had to free up to make room for the party food and the turkeys :)

B0jangles wrote: »
    I looked out for this one in my local aldi (Bray) yesterday and there was no sign of it - still hoping they'll all be back after christmas though - think of all the freezer space they had to free up to make room for the party food and the turkeys :)

Thanks for looking for it for me :) I hope so :) although the pepperoni version of it is still there so it doesn't give much hope :( I tried a Margherita version of their pizza instead and didn't really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Has anybody used the La Mara cleansing micellar water. Used it for the first time last night. Then with my own image moisturizer. My skin was so dry and tight this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Has anybody used the La Mara cleansing micellar water. Used it for the first time last night. Then with my own image moisturizer. My skin was so dry and tight this morning.

I did last time they had it. Went into the bin after about a week. I developed dry, flakey patches in my face. Not a good look. Took a lot of Weleda Skin Food to reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I use the facial oil as I have sensitive dry skin, I use it occasionally at night, I haven’t had any bad side effects but I’m not sure if it’s made any difference.its really natural and there’s no smell so I don’t think it would irritate most people’s skin, but My skin doesn’t feel much different the next day. Their body butter smells lovely.

Are the 3 liter of pressecco gone? There was none yday when I was there and the biggest bottle of pressecco was a litre in a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

fin12 wrote: »
    Are the 3 liter of pressecco gone? There was none yday when I was there and the biggest bottle of pressecco was a litre in a half.

East Wall still has them so you may need to travel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

These disappeared off the shelves a while back but i think they may be reappearing from tomorrow, in the UK anyway link

"Ridge Valley Premium Tonics (£1.79, 4 x 200ml)
    Available in stores from 14th December
    Where there is Gin, there has to be tonic. Designed to be a cut above your standard tonic water, Ridge Valley Premium Tonic has a gentle sweetness and clean and crisp taste with a slightly bitter finish, this premium tonic is the perfect partner for your gin of choice."

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Is the Prosecco Superiore DOCG no longer available in Irish Stores?

Not listed on the website, but still shows up on the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I did last time they had it. Went into the bin after about a week. I developed dry, flakey patches in my face. Not a good look. Took a lot of Weleda Skin Food to reverse.

Mine is in the bin. Really awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The taco sauce is tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone seen any of the dog Christmas stockings this year yet?

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Anyone seen any of the dog Christmas stockings this year yet?

Yes, and the doggie proscecco! In the standard layout opposite the crisps.

Smelt an amazing French cheese in the Christmas cheese section - rotten socks. I think it was called Epos. Going back tomorrow to buy it but it won’t last till next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Smelt an amazing French cheese in the Christmas cheese section - rotten socks. I think it was called Epos. Going back tomorrow to buy it but it won’t last till next week!

Epoisses.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Epoisses.

Thank you! A quick wiki says it should be drunk with Trappist beer. It just gets better! :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Époisses_de_Bourgogne

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Must be all gone in my local, seen the beer and the prosecco but must've missed the stockings:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I quite like it, but I do wash my face with water and a gentle cleanser after using it - I feel it would leave a residue on my skin if I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Epoisses is AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,336 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thank you! A quick wiki says it should be drunk with Trappist beer. It just gets better! :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Époisses_de_Bourgogne

Are you drinking melted cheese?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Are you drinking melted cheese?

T’was a long day! ;) But by the smell it, it will be very runny, almost liquid.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I had some Aldi mulled wine tea last night. It was delicious! More smell than flavour but sure that's always the way with herbal and fruit teas. :)

Advertisement