Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The ballymore chia seed bread rolls are lovely

For a second i thought i was in the funny\stupid facebook thread and i was thinking of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

The new Skinny soups are fab, carrot Thai & greens, both lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just opened a Brooklea Greek honey yoghurt there.

Jesus. Nearly devoured the complete pot in one sitting.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Just opened a Brooklea Greek honey yoghurt there.

Jesus. Nearly devoured the complete pot in one sitting.

Delicious.

I really don't need any more foods that I have limited - no self-control with....but I will soldier on and give it a try ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Icsics wrote: »

Oh wow - sound great. Any chance you have the nutritional details (calories etc.) to hand? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Icsics wrote: »

Tried the greens one - two very generous servings. Slightly minty, very nice. Can’t remember the contents details, but I think they were mostly good, as otherwise I would have left it on the shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Any aldis have bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

No bread, very little fruit, veg, meat and milk in Sligo at 3.30!

Say they will be better prepared tomorrow!

They did have the Thai Carrot Soup.

Less 2% fat it says

Per 100g serving
    Fat 1.6g
    of which saturates 0.8g
    Protein <0.5g
    Salt 0.49g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

Oh wow - sound great. Any chance you have the nutritional details (calories etc.) to hand? Thanks :)

Am out until next trip. But as others have said they are healthy, I was surprised at how tasty they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Aldi opened tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Aldi opened tomorrow?

facebook & twitter are usually the best places to check for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/AldiIreland/
    Aldi Ireland
    5 hrs ·
    All Aldi Ireland stores are currently open. However, our Store Management teams are monitoring the situation closely across the country.
    Demand remains extremely high for fresh food and cupboard fillers. We have our store teams, warehouse teams and suppliers to thank for their outstanding efforts so far this week in keeping our doors open to meet our customers’ needs.
    Aldi Ireland Facebook Team

A lot of backlash about that post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Picked up a bottle of this organic Pinot Grigio a few days ago. Lovely bottle of wine!

31323_E4_F-_A4_F5-40_E3-_B194-7_C4_BBC0_C76_E5.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Rumour has it that organic prosecco has anti hangover effects. Can you confirm? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

No sulphites? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

rubadub wrote: »
    facebook & twitter are usually the best places to check for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/AldiIreland/

A lot of backlash about that post

Why??? :confused:

I got in from a 50-hour trip home from abroad at 2pm on Thursday, called in to my local Aldi on the way home 2 hours before the big lockdown - and I have to say it was a pleasure! Shop fully stocked with everything - including fresh and packaged bread! and milk! (I was returning to a completely empty fridge and was seriously afraid I wouldn't get them) - and hardly anyone there. If only every shopping day could be like that :D

One of my purchases was Spicy Sweet Potato soup, and I am happy to report that it was delicious :)

Rumour has it that organic prosecco has anti hangover effects. Can you confirm? :)

I cannot confirm because the other five or six bottles were not organic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Why??? :confused:

I got in from a 50-hour trip home from abroad at 2pm on Thursday, called in to my local Aldi on the way home 2 hours before the big lockdown - and I have to say it was a pleasure! Shop fully stocked with everything - including fresh and packaged bread! and milk! (I was returning to a completely empty fridge and was seriously afraid I wouldn't get them) - and hardly anyone there. If only every shopping day could be like that :D

One of my purchases was Spicy Sweet Potato soup, and I am happy to report that it was delicious :)

I think it probably related to staff having to travel through bad conditions to get to work in some cases etc. when some other business, schools etc were closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I am looking got some help. I've been drinking Aldis Ghost Vines Zinfandel for the last few months. It what's really ticked all my boxes for a red wine.

Those of you with a more varied experience of red wine can you recommend anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Specially selected West Country cheddar and Chilli Jam. Really nice crisps, nice flavor. There is a salt n vinegar variety aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Rogueish wrote: »
    I am looking got some help. I've been drinking Aldis Ghost Vines Zinfandel for the last few months. It what's really ticked all my boxes for a red wine.

Those of you with a more varied experience of red wine can you recommend anything similar?

The Ghost Vines is a Californian red, so you might like this one, Apothic, while it is a blend it is very drinkable and anyone I recommend it to seems to love it. I’ve linked to the Tesco.uk site because it has loads of positive reviews.
    It is often on offer for €10 (reduced from €15) in Tesco.

https://www.tesco.com/wine/product/details/default.aspx?id=278453199

I’m no expert but I liked (and miss) the Ghost Vines too, and like this one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Over in the UK, do love the fact every time I pop in after work is when they seem to stick the 50% stickers on. The freezer is getting full, 75p a burger.

332ukuo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In the interests of research and any followers of this thread, I had another bottle of that Organic Pinot Grigio last night to see if the hangover was any different to a normal bottle. :rolleyes:

I can confirm that the hangover is indeed milder than normal. I also slept better than I would after downing a bottle. Hmmm. Might need to try it again to see if last night was a freak. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

In the interests of research and any followers of this thread, I had another bottle of that Organic Pinot Grigio last night to see if the hangover was any different to a normal bottle. :rolleyes:

I can confirm that the hangover is indeed milder than normal. I also slept better than I would after downing a bottle. Hmmm. Might need to try it again to see if last night was a freak. :)

Definitely, do a proper scientific research :)

I ate some meatballs from Aldi last night, they came in a foil cooking tray type packet with some sauce in a seperate packet (can't remember exactly but it might have been Smokey chilli or something)

Delicious I'd have no problem recommending them or buying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

wonski wrote: »
    Definitely, do a proper scientific research :)

Yup, you should expand your research into their organic red - Toro Loco Organico

jd wrote: »
    Yup, you should expand your research into their organic red - Toro Loco Organico

Invite friends round and have an organic wine dinner party. Then we could all compare hangovers in the morning. That’s pretty scientific, isn’t it? :)

Invite friends round and have an organic wine dinner party. Then we could all compare hangovers in the morning. That’s pretty scientific, isn’t it? :)

It's known as wine flu in our house.

Tried the sweet potato burgers as mentioned here and I liked them :) nice for a change versus frozen veggie burgers; thanks the poster for alerting the products existence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up a 6-pack of Karlskrone lager today for €4.50 and we're very impressed with it.
    I thought it was going to be either bitter or bland but it's really nice.
    Kind of like a smoother Carlsberg and really fresh tasting.
    Definitely will get this again.

Grainne's Whiskey Fruit Loaf, for €1.49, is DIVINE.
    Had a slice today with butter and I could have eaten the entire thing. Rich and full of fruit, it reminded me of Christmas cake but not as heavy.

Advertisement