Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

vicwatson wrote: »
    1.49 specially selected fresh Tagliatelle is great, in with the pies and ready made dinners etc, they have spaghetti too but didn't try that

The gnocchi is excellent. I’ve used two packets recently and been really pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do Aldi sell provolone cheese by any chance? Tesco dont have it on their website and I was in Lidl earlier and no joy there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Muahahaha wrote:
    Do Aldi sell provolone cheese by any chance? Tesco dont have it on their website and I was in Lidl earlier and no joy there either.

Only as part of certain specials, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

1.49 specially selected fresh Tagliatelle is great, in with the pies and ready made dinners etc, they have spaghetti too but didn't try that

Really like the fresh Tortellini along with the fresh tomato & mascarpone sauce. Dinner in minutes too!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Only as part of certain specials, I'm afraid.

Was thinking that might be the case :o

Anyone know if Dunnes or Super Value sell it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Have had both and have to say I think it's the best of the fresh pastas I've had from any of the supermarkets. And it genuinely cooks in 2 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sillysocks wrote: »
    Really like the fresh Tortellini along with the fresh tomato & mascarpone sauce. Dinner in minutes too!
    Excellent, this is on my menu for the coming week! Which tortellini did you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bought the cardamom chai tea bags yesterday, lovely! Saw some other flavours there too, anyone tried those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Alun wrote: »
    Bought the cardamom chai tea bags yesterday, lovely! Saw some other flavours there too, anyone tried those?

I quite liked the Specially selected Peppermint and Liquorice definitely going to try some of the other flavours. Not usually a herbal tea drinker but I want to cut back on my late evening coffee drinking a bit.

Ryath wrote: »
    I quite liked the Specially selected Peppermint and Liquorice definitely going to try some of the other flavours. Not usually a herbal tea drinker but I want to cut back on my late evening coffee drinking a bit.

Are they the ones with the normal tea and coffee by the entrance? If so I like the forest fruits one.

The chai varieties are one of their special buys, in the central aisle with the other food items.

• Advertisement

Yea they were the ones just inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Tried the ginger one, which was lovely.... not too keen on the coconut one though

Tried the ginger one, which was lovely.... not too keen on the coconut one though
    Thanks, they also seem to do a Masala one. Found their website here ...

https://www.teaindia.co.uk/our-teas/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just after eating one of them African nut and chickpea stew with red rice for my lunch.

That was absolutely delicious, must try the Brazilian one next, but honestly - the African one was quality, I highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Excellent, this is on my menu for the coming week! Which tortellini did you have?

It was a Spinach one, maybe spinach and cheese but think it’s the only spinach one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those organic cookies in the green packs in the food specials aisle are damn nice, just a plain cookie with chocolate on top, Im not buying anymore because Im just tearing through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Tried a new salad today in Aldi and it was unreal.

Edamame bean, buckwheat, lentil, red pesto and a few other bits. Really tasty with some added chicken

Best bit about it for a seeded food was no nut traces so my OH can have it too :)

In the same place as the Hummus in my local aldi.

Good sized portion too

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Their Italian 00 flour special is back. And I was panicking as I finished my last bag from last time this morning. It seems to be popular though, there were loads of French, spelt and rye bags left and I got the last 4 Italian ones.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Their Italian 00 flour special is back. And I was panicking as I finished my last bag from last time this morning. It seems to be popular though, there were loads of French, spelt and rye bags left and I got the last 4 Italian ones.

Is it any good? I usually buy my 00 flour in the health food shops because the local Dunnes never have it. I was looking at it the other day in Aldi and it looks a good big bag.

Is it any good? I usually buy my 00 flour in the health food shops because the local Dunnes never have it. I was looking at it the other day in Aldi and it looks a good big bag.

I find it perfect. Use it for both pasta and pizza dough and have never had any issues. It’s €1.99 for a 1.5kg bag.

• Advertisement

I find it perfect. Use it for both pasta and pizza dough and have never had any issues. It’s €1.99 for a 1.5kg bag.

That's great value. I think I usually pay over €3 for the smaller bag in the health shops. Hopefully there's still some left when I'm in next.

Could I ask what % protein is this? Im looking for a high gluten flour with protein 13%-14% per 100g

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Could I ask what % protein is this? Im looking for a high gluten flour with protein 13%-14% per 100g

Just checked. It’s 11.2g protein per 100g

Muahahaha wrote: »

Their normal strong flour is 12g protein per 100g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have the little chilled desserts in the earthenware pots gone? The salted caramel and chocolate orange ones. Haven't seen them in my local store now in a few weeks :(

Thanks, they also seem to do a Masala one. Found their website here ...

https://www.teaindia.co.uk/our-teas/

Got the ginger one today. Was very nice made with milk and a teaspoon of honey. Had never had a Chai latte in my life before! Will definitely try the masala and cardamom versions.

They are doing 8oz "ultimate burgers" which are the business.

I highly recommend them, sold in 2 x packs, cant for the life of me remember how much they cost, but they were massive burgers and tasted fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They are doing 8oz "ultimate burgers" which are the business.

I highly recommend them, sold in 2 x packs, cant for the life of me remember how much they cost, but they were massive burgers and tasted fantastic.

Fresh or frozen?

Fresh or frozen?

Fresh.

I'm not joking, they're absolutely MASSIVE, don't get me wrong, they will fit in a burger bun easily, but its the height that's massive, it's like biting into a massive meatball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fresh.

I'm not joking, they're absolutely MASSIVE, don't get me wrong, they will fit in a burger bun easily, but its the height that's massive, it's like biting into a massive meatball.

€3.49 per pack and yes they are magnificent

I made a "big mac" out of one of them with 1.5 buns, and gouda cheese and it was terrific.

Pricey enough at €3.49 but whatever seasoning they use in it is the biz, cheers for the heads up

Advertisement