Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Toro Loco organic red wine is lovely. I also love their double Gloucester cheese with onions and chives.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Just tried the individual jam bakewell. One word ....AWFUL......even the OH wouldn't eat them....gone in the bin.

A mouthful of sand would not have been as dry. A cuppa couldn't evenbwash it down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Holy Moses!
    Saw these the other day. Around 3.60, so not cheap, but competing against those M&S things.
    These are a ball of choccy Brownie heaven!

ejg4rs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fish burgers from the freezer are definitely worth buying, we had the southern fried ones there this evening (or more accurately, the kids had) and they went down quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aldis potato salad is still really bad, nasty vinegar taste off it.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Holy Moses!
    Saw these the other day. Around 3.60, so not cheap, but competing against those M&S things.
    These are a ball of choccy Brownie heaven!

[G

Just on these, they're also doing a 4 x pack of Belgian style choc brownies (produced in Scotland) which i picked up last night.

Heated up a bit in the microwave and served with a slice of hazlebrook vanilla yoghurt (sold in a cardboard carton).

I'd give them 10/10. :D

Treadmill this morning to shift it though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fish burgers from the freezer are definitely worth buying, we had the southern fried ones there this evening (or more accurately, the kids had) and they went down quite well.

They got cod in these too?

Are the specially selected range or?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I got the Lacura Charcoal cleanser and the charcoal face mask. I had previously used Sisely face mask which is about 80 for a pot. My skin looks great so fresh after them, will definitely repurchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Tried the new fancy garlic bread from the fridge last night. The one with mediterranean vegetables, nut free pesto and cheddar. It wasn't nice and won't be buying again.

vicwatson wrote: »
    They got cod in these too?

Are the specially selected range or?

For shame, I'm not sure what the fish was, they aren't specially selected range either, I forget the name on the pack, but 2 x types are available, southern fried and buttermilk.

Scratch that, tasty catch is the brand, and the fish is Alaskan Pollock.

• Advertisement

John_Mc wrote: »
    Tried the new fancy garlic bread from the fridge last night. The one with mediterranean vegetables, nut free pesto and cheddar. It wasn't nice and won't be buying again.

I got the other one with buck cheese, pepper and something else.
    Very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

anewme wrote: »
    I got the Lacura Charcoal cleanser and the charcoal face mask. I had previously used Sisely face mask which is about 80 for a pot. My skin looks great so fresh after them, will definitely repurchase.

I got the Charcoal cleanser too. I don't know if I like it.
    It is really black isn't it? Lol, it goes everywhere and I'm not keen on the smell.
    But yeah my skin is looking nice so I'll probably stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

fussyonion wrote: »
    I got the Charcoal cleanser too. I don't know if I like it.
    It is really black isn't it? Lol, it goes everywhere and I'm not keen on the smell.
    But yeah my skin is looking nice so I'll probably stick with it.

Went into work the other day with a black neck where I forgot to take a bit off.

But my skin is looking really fresh and I usually buy quite expensive creams etc. and I am more than happy with this. I like the smell.

I put it in this evening sitting in bath and then took it off with gradually with a warm muslin cloth. Felt really spoiled, I like the smell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I had a bad reaction to it. It's not suitable for sensitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi launches Nandos-style frozen golden and crispy
    Specially Selected Halloumi Fries (€2.99, 190g) on 18 May

*drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

zell12 wrote: »

*drool*

I will drool with you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Tried the giant Angus burgers yesterday with the sesame topped brioche buns. What a feed! They were delicious cooked in the oven but on the barbecue I'd say they'd be epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

*drool*
    I will drool with you. :D
    Are they fries or are they big chunky breadstick looking things?

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/foodanddrink/where-to-buy-halloumi-fries-uk-aldi-a3837016.html

Ill be trying them anyway.

I got the side dish of pototo gratin the other day from the fridge section, near pastas and cheeses.
    They used to have a gratin in a foil tray, but this was in a cardboard box... got it home to find out it was just chopped spuds and cream sauce in a plastic bag!!
    Needed to put into baking dish, and I grated my own cheese over it.
    Still delish all the same and no doubt it was cheap enough and oh so handy instead of making it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I got the side dish of pototo gratin the other day from the fridge section, near pastas and cheeses.
    They used to have a gratin in a foil tray, but this was in a cardboard box... got it home to find out it was just chopped spuds and cream sauce in a plastic bag!!
    Needed to put into baking dish, and I grated my own cheese over it.
    Still delish all the same and no doubt it was cheap enough and oh so handy instead of making it yourself!

Saw that a couple of weeks ago but they do still have the other gratin in the foil tray (which is gorgeous!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sillysocks wrote: »
    Saw that a couple of weeks ago but they do still have the other gratin in the foil tray.....which is gorgeous!

I tried the plastic bag version a while ago, and I thought it was only meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

GOOD

Had the applebys pork fillet today from Aldi, was the business.

Love the greek olives (though couldnt find them in jar the other day so hope they havent been discontinued)

Cheese is great, as are their cold meats

Great selection of relishes for cheap.

the 5 euro Belgian beer is good, and their irish cream is good too.

I always buy their honey roasted peanuts, too, way cheaper than Walkers yolks and definitely as nice.

BAD

Dont mind the taste of the tea, but gives me heartburn.

their sliced pans are often half stale, which is a pity because they have some nice options - soft batch, sourdough, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I see they finally have the handles for the 3 blade razors back in stock.

THIS one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dee_mc wrote: »
    Tried the giant Angus burgers yesterday with the sesame topped brioche buns. What a feed! They were delicious cooked in the oven but on the barbecue I'd say they'd be epic :)

Had the exact same on Sunday night, on the BBQ. And yes it was epic. Burger is huge but worth it. Love whatever they are using to flavour them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think someone mentioned them way back in the thread, but the Memento Half Coated Choc Chunk cookies are amazing. We demolished a pack this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Fiery Chilli ketchup (99c) is gorgeous!

Aldi launches Nandos-style frozen
    *drool*
    Anyone find them yet?
    My local did not get them in today

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone find them yet?
    My local did not get them in today

The link says May 19 in the UK, so maybe same here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Advertisement