Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Anyone know if the jars of korma are nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The ones with the dried spices in the plastic cap are great - quite hard to get though so when I see them I get a couple. Haven’t tried the all-in-one jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I have a jar of the all in one sauce I was looking for the dried spice but there was none there last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Spicy Bean Burgers are great, like really good, nicest meat substitute I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thargor wrote: »
    Spicy Bean Burgers are great, like really good, nicest meat substitute I ever had.

Lovely.
    I actually never tried the ordinary veggie burgers, as these are so nice.
    Anyone try both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Lovely.
    I actually never tried the ordinary veggie burgers, as these are so nice.
    Anyone try both?

I prefer the bean burgers but my fave meat free thing they sell is the fresh beetroot burger. They're fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If like them and you're near an Iceland try their "nacho burger". It's not healthy by any means. In a bun with mashed avocado and chopped tomato. Really lovey for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Whispered wrote: »
    If like them and you're near an Iceland try their "nacho burger". It's not healthy by any means. In a bun with mashed avocado and chopped tomato. Really lovey for a treat.

Iceland have No Bull Burgers, they're amazing, the best veggie (well actually vegan) burgers I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Pick up a can of coconut milk and a packet of curry powder, whatever one you like. Pour the can into a saucepan, put in some curry powder and heat. Add more powder if needed. Literally takes 2/3 mins and is nicer than any packet you'll find.
    If I'm camping I'll make this and use the sliced chicken breast from the fridge to save me cooking that, the tikka breast is lovely in it. Really easy and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Christ the 'Grainne's Apple Danish Pastries' (€1.25 for two) are addictive.
    Absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

fussyonion wrote: »
    Absolutely amazing.

Haven't tried those, but Grainne's fruit brack thingy is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Space Dog wrote: »
    Iceland have No Bull Burgers, they're amazing, the best veggie (well actually vegan) burgers I've tried.

Tried these on a recommendation from another thread and they are EXCELLENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

fussyonion wrote: »
    Absolutely amazing.

I love the sultanas ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

fin12 wrote: »
    I love the sultanas ones.

Agree totally with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Space Dog wrote: »

They look and cook great but I find them tasteless. You needs lots of toppings to disguise it. I prefer the taste of quorn burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Quick question are those Iceland veggie burgers a vergie burger or one of these fake meat things such as quorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Quick question are those Iceland veggie burgers a vergie burger or one of these fake meat things such as quorn?

If it's the "No Bull" burgers you're asking about, they're a textured soya protein meat style burger.

Iceland also do a smoky bean burger as part of their Slimming World range. They're okay but I prefer Aldi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If it's the "No Bull" burgers you're asking about, they're a textured soya protein meat style burger.

Iceland also do a smoky bean burger as part of their Slimming World range. They're okay but I prefer Aldi's.

Thanks, I'm not into these but I know somebody who does and was going to recommend but I thought it was more of a standard frozen veggie burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anybody tried the new brand of tea yet?
    Think it is called Diplomat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

km79 wrote: »
    Anybody tried the new brand of tea yet?
    Think it is called Diplomat

I tried it this morning. Nothing special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

are those nut butters a special or are they stocked year round? Which kind of items are they usually sold beside please?

So sorry I'm only seeing this now! The nut butters are with all the jams, honey etc and they are a permanent product

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it these ones?

https://veggies.co.uk/2014/07/31/aldi-maes-kitchen-spicy-bean-burgers/

maes_spicy_qtr_aldi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They've got a couple of those Curry kits in again as specials, a Keralan and a Goan one. Had the Goan one tonight with fish and prawns, and it was excellent. You get a little bag of whole spices, a sachet of paste and another of sauce. Whole thing was ready in around 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Goan outta day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

They've been repackaged (badly imo - hard to distinguish these from the veggie burgers and the cheese & onion ones now)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What are the spicy bean burgers like compared to the LIDL version? I find those ones lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

I have a jar of the all in one sauce I was looking for the dried spice but there was none there last night

I think it’s lovely. Handy quick meal after work. Especially for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Your kids work?

Was a fan of the Asian ready meal, the 800 gr boxes. Especialy the nasi and bami goreng.
    Had 2 meals form 1 box but always felt a bit too full.
    Saw the 325 gr fried rice and tried that. While the big boxes do have a bit more stuff other then rice in it, these smaller boxes work well as a base for a nice Asian meal.
    Add meat and stir fried veggies and egg and some sauce (like the satay sauce i once posted here) and off you go.

There is also a pilau version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭donegal_man

inforfun wrote: »
    .........Was a fan of the Asian ready meal, the 800 gr boxes. Especialy the nasi and bami goreng............

In the black box from the chill cabinet?
    The wholegrain rice and grains microwave bags are lovely mixed with a bit of stir fried veg for a quick vegetarian meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Has any found cream from Aldi going sour well before its use by date? Not sure is it an issue with my fridge or the cream, although fridge seems cold enough and haven't had other issues. I had cream that was out on the 18.08 last night and was almost sick after tasting it :(

Advertisement