Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ryan Lee wrote: »
    Vegetable specialty pizza. really nice

Hi, did u get that in the frozen or fridge section? I love veggie pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Does anyone know if aldi have korma paste? Looking at a soup recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had the Sliders from specially selected range.They where fab.Realy nie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Does anyone know if aldi have korma paste? Looking at a soup recipe

They used to but I went looking for it before Chrimbo and it was gone. It might be back after the madness.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tasting this rum and rasin bar after seeing it mentioned in here a few times. Awful stuff! Too much cheap rum flavouring coming from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw on Twitter the gyozas were for Xmas range only and when they're gone... they're gone.
    Shame, as I only saw them once when they originally came in. Seemed to be snapped up!
    Would be lovely if they added them to the usual range.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RasTa wrote: »
    Tasting this rum and rasin bar after seeing it mentioned in here a few times. Awful stuff! Too much cheap rum flavouring coming from it

I used to love the nut and raisin bar but have refused to even try the rum one because I am certain that it will be horrible, just as you described.
    I miss the nut and raisin one.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter the gyozas were for Xmas range only and when they're gone... they're gone.
    Shame, as I only saw them once when they originally came in. Seemed to be snapped up!
    Would be lovely if they added them to the usual range.

I got the last 2 before Christmas in my local Aldi - the fact they could be frozen as well is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Specially Selected smoked BBQ pastrami. Lovely and lean with a lovely smokey natural tasting flavour.

D wrote: »
    I got the last 2 before Christmas in my local Aldi - the fact they could be frozen as well is great.

I was wrong - more back in today. Must be the last tray of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Dónal wrote: »
    I was wrong - more back in today. Must be the last tray of them.

There was loads of them on Saturday in the Coolock branch, both varieties.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,698 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

+1
    The little pouches of torn ham, chicken etc are back. Good for wraps and omelettes. They had disappeared in run up to xmas.

Still no sign of any own brand chewing gum.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I bought a 3 pack of chutney before Christmas, they were the Specially Selected range. One of them was a chipotle chilli flavour and it's absolutely delicious. I'm just wondering if there's something similar available in their regular range?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I bought a 3 pack of chutney before Christmas, they were the Specially Selected range. One of them was a chipotle chilli flavour and it's absolutely delicious. I'm just wondering if there's something similar available in their regular range?

I got the same set and devoured the sticky fig one. Got another pack of three in Aldi Kylemore Rd on Sunday because they’re so nice and tempted to go back for one more :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

odyssey06 wrote: »
    +1
    The little pouches of torn ham, chicken etc are back. Good for wraps and omelettes. They had disappeared in run up to xmas.

Where are these normally stocked?

I looked today (not very thoroughly, admittedly) and only saw the packs that are part of that salad-in-a-bag thing, or whatever it's called. Couldn't see anything with the usual cooked ham/chicken/salami etc.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Where are these normally stocked?
    I looked today (not very thoroughly, admittedly) and only saw the packs that are part of that salad-in-a-bag thing, or whatever it's called. Couldn't see anything with the usual cooked ham/chicken/salami etc.

They aren't with the usual cooked ham\chicken in my ALDI. They used to be.
    Now there's a stand-alone chiller unit and it has 'single serving' lunch type things in it and individual bottles of juice and chilled coffees.

ps When I say pouch it's now more of a little flat box. Doesn't look like your usual ham packs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

No sign of the fresh pasta sauces coming back either-has anyone asked about those? Meant to ask last time and forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

sillysocks wrote: »
    No sign of the fresh pasta sauces coming back either-has anyone asked about those? Meant to ask last time and forgot!

Thought it was just my local Aldi selling out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

ellejay wrote: »
    sillysocks wrote: »

Thought it was just my local Aldi selling out!

No they’re gone in my Aldi since before Christmas. So was a lot of the fresh pasta but that was back this week so hoping the sauces are coming back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone notice that maca powder is gone too - was gone from my local in Ballyfermot last few weeks?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Has Aldi or Lidl ever sold Khalua liquor or if not does anyone know where I can buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

fin12 wrote:
    Has Aldi or Lidl ever sold Khalua liquor or if not does anyone know where I can buy it?

Pretty much any good off licence.

fin12 wrote: »

Not Kahlua exactly but... ALDI had a special range of Italian coffee liquers in for christmas. You still see a few on the shelves. It was €10 for 50cl bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

What is the ice cream in the colourful tubs like? I'm a little addicted to Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and see they have something very similar with the chocolate shapes in it. Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

What is the ice cream in the colourful tubs like? I'm a little addicted to Ben and Jerry's Phish Food and see they have something very similar with the chocolate shapes in it. Is it any good?

I had some tonight! It’s good enough, maybe a bit sweeter or something. I’d prefer the Ben and Jerry’s but wouldn’t not buy this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I had some tonight! It’s good enough, maybe a bit sweeter or something. I’d prefer the Ben and Jerry’s but wouldn’t not buy this either.

NIce one I’ll have to try a tub during the week thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Asked about the return of vegetarian white pudding in the older store in Letterkenny and they said they didn't receive any :mad:

https://www.buzz.ie/food-drink/aldi-vegetarian-white-pudding-312614

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Asked about the return of vegetarian white pudding in the older store in Letterkenny and they said they didn't receive any :mad:

https://www.buzz.ie/food-drink/aldi-vegetarian-white-pudding-

I got some in the Dungarvan store. Fingers crossed they keep stocking them, cause they are yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Had the vegetarian pudding in the new store in Graiguenamanagh in Kilkenny on Saturday. It's made by one of the best butchers in Ireland. He's won numerous prizes for his "real" pudding. I haven't tasted it yet so can't comment on what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Tried a new fruit in Aldi called Honey Pomelo. It is imported from China. Quite nice and not as citric as an orange. Ideal for kids.

http://www.gettystewart.com/honey-pomelo-what-is-it-how-to-peel-it-what-to-do-with-it/

Advertisement