Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Thargor wrote: »
    Seeing as we've abandoned talking about food...

Did anyone get the 5 plug surge protector in any Aldi last week? They were in the brochure for DIY week but none came into Bray or Greystones...

Got one in August, they come in every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I have seen things on Aldis brochure that do not seem to be on sale in the shop,
    today I did buy a set of light torches the ones with the magnet at back, they are lovely and powerful light, delighted with my purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Aldi has a stove fan in their specials today..... anyone know if they are any good or complete rubbish (stove fans in general, and this one in particular)??

I own a stove fan, and find it absolutely brilliant, have got it about 5 yrs now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On the stove fans, is there a way to mount them for stoves that are flush to the wall, i.e only the front door is visible

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Muahahaha wrote: »
    On the stove fans, is there a way to mount them for stoves that are flush to the wall, i.e only the front door is visible
    Not this one in Aldi anyway. It sits on the flat top of a free-standing stove.

I caved in and set it up, and it's whizzing away all evening - I can't tell if it's doing much (or any) good, but it looks imressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Four fresh moy Park chicken burgers for 2.99 are gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

They have the Maple Syrup all the time.

Where about? I must have missed it.
    Pancakes for whiskeyman this weekend if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Unless any of you use them to cook with, please feel free to open a discussion on the general merits and problems of stove fans in the Home&Garden forum, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

whiskeyman wrote: »
    They have the Maple Syrup all the time.

Where about? I must have missed it.
    Pancakes for whiskeyman this weekend if so!

In my local one it is beside the jams and honey, just before the cereals.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Do they have the taco kits anymore anyone know ? the ones similar to fajitas kit

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    Unless any of you use them to cook with, please feel free to open a discussion on the general merits and problems of stove fans in the Home&Garden forum, guys.

Interesting idea Shenshen, air fried stove sausages :D
    toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Do they have the taco kits anymore anyone know ? the ones similar to fajitas kit

Saw them about three weeks back though they do dissappear from time to time so not sure if available right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

vicwatson wrote: »
    Four fresh moy Park chicken burgers for 2.99 are gorgeous

Are these new? Could only see breaded ones online. You wouldn't have the calorie info to hand would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

One to avoid is the new bbq sliced turkey. I am very fond of all such meats but it was inedible. Actually felt like eating cardboard

toonarmy1 wrote: »

Was in my Aldi earlier and took a look. No is the answer for taco kits, they did have the packets of taco spice mix but not the full kit. Stacks of fajitas kits there alright. There was no price sticker for taco kits either so guessing they are gone, at least for now. Such is the Aldi way sometimes, it can be very frustrating when you like a product and then it just vanishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was in my Aldi earlier and took a look. No is the answer for taco kits, they did have the packets of taco spice mix but not the full kit. Stacks of fajitas kits there alright. There was no price sticker for taco kits either so guessing they are gone, at least for now. Such is the Aldi way sometimes, it can be very frustrating when you like a product and then it just vanishes.

cheers for that , its the price i miss most :( about half the cost of brand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have they got haggis in? Burns Night on Friday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I bought a bar of Rum and Raisin last night because I couldn't find and Fruit and Nut. Genuinely one of the worst things I've ever eaten. I could properly taste an alcohol aftertaste after 1 small piece - like the burn you get after doing a shot. Horrible stuff that went straight in the bin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I bought a bar of Rum and Raisin last night because I couldn't find and Fruit and Nut. Genuinely one of the worst things I've ever eaten. I could properly taste an alcohol aftertaste after 1 small piece - like the burn you get after doing a shot. Horrible stuff that went straight in the bin.

That's my favourite thing about it :D. I ate some at work once and got a bit concerned someone would think I'd been drinking on my lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Is this an aldi product or Ritter Sport?

I love the Ritter Sport Rum and Raison, probably because of the strong taste of rum! I can imagine its a bit of a love it or hate it situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

SozBbz wrote:

I think Lidl sell Ritter Sport products, I've never seen them in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

nc6000 wrote: »

I have seen them do Ritter bars in a mini selection pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

nc6000 wrote: »

Theyre not regular stock but they sometimes have them.

The poster didn't mention the specific product, just a rum and raisin bar so was just wondering if it was that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I do like rum and raisin products and I like rum as a drink but that ALDI rum and raisin is horrible.
    Still have half a bar in my sweet jar from about 3 months ago. Not like this house to leave a bar of chocolate half eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Have they got haggis in? Burns Night on Friday.

They have it in Blackpool anyway.

They have it in Blackpool anyway.

Dundalk Blackpool or Blackpool Blackpool? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dundalk Blackpool or Blackpool Blackpool? :)

Or Cork Blackpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh God that reminds me of the haggis I bought last year, maybe it was Lidl though, absolute dog food, thats not hyperbole, it was that indescribable smell you get off wet dog "meat" products sometimes that makes me instantly gag. Worst meat product I ever bought easily.

fin12 wrote: »
    Or Cork Blackpool?

Oops! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

SozBbz wrote: »

I love the Ritter Sport Rum and Raison, probably because of the strong taste of rum! I can imagine its a bit of a love it or hate it situation though.

The one I’m talking about is an Aldi one, a 200g Choceur (sp?) one. I wouldn’t normally think of going for a rum and raisin bar (and this one has nuts in it too) but I think I saw it recommended here and I tried it. It’s like cocaine to me - I’d have the whole thing hoovered up in 10 minutes if I didn’t ration it, so I can only buy it once or twice a year.

It’s interesting that it’s so divisive :)

Edit: found a picture

aldi+choceur+rum+raisin+hazelnut.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I wonder if the rum flavour is like the cucumber tastebud thing. I tried that chocolate due to some folk here raving about it and took one bite & binned the rest. Uurgh! Just had a fake, weird, strong taste to me. Not of rum at all.
    (I will literally drink rum straight so no problems with that flavour :pac:)

Advertisement