Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got 200g of smoked salmon in Tesco for €2.99. I used it to make fishcakes. I think the 100g packet is also €2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Odelay

The boxed lamb shoulder is glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

The Harvest Morn brand cereal bars with popcorn, almonds, caramel and pretzels are divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Crackerbread is very nice - much denser than the likes of cracottes. The normal one has no sugar in it as well (the multigrain one does however :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Loving the chilli rice cakes at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

prodsc wrote: »
    Not marked at half price down my local:(
    That's weird, they were proper marked down labels, not handwritten ones so I would have thought they were everywhere. 85c is the reduced price to be clear ; full is 1.70.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    The Harvest Morn brand cereal bars with popcorn, almonds, caramel and pretzels are divine.

I ate a whole box of the pretzel ones:oThey are really nice

Loving the chilli rice cakes at the moment.

UPDATE: The salt and vinegar ones are absolutely FOUL. Oh my God. I have never tasted anything like them and I never want to again.
    I've brushed my teeth and used mouthwash and I still have the most horrible taste in my mouth.

Have binned the rest of the packet. Seriously people, do NOT buy! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

UPDATE: The salt and vinegar ones are absolutely FOUL. Oh my God. I have never tasted anything like them and I never want to again.
    I've brushed my teeth and used mouthwash and I still have the most horrible taste in my mouth.

Have binned the rest of the packet. Seriously people, do NOT buy! :eek:

I tried them once too - they're awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

The white chocolate buttons are sooo nice.

• Advertisement

I tried them once too - they're awful.

Aren't they absolutely VILE?! I honestly have no idea how they're still on the shelves :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Aldi are stocking a halo top/breyers dupe now - Giannis in salted caramel and cookies & cream for €2.99. Didn't pick it up as I am trying to cut back a bit and there is already the easter egg onslaught planned for this weekend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The chicken thigh frozen burgers are very nice. Not at all healthy but tasty all the same.
    The Vienesse choc biscuits are a big hit here. Great for giving to the children as well because they don't get destroyed with choc.
    The sourdough stonebaked mozzerella and basil pizza is lovely. Obviously not as good as a freshly made pizza from a restaurant but we really like it for a handy dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Aldi are stocking a halo top/breyers dupe now - Giannis in salted caramel and cookies & cream for €2.99. Didn't pick it up as I am trying to cut back a bit and there is already the easter egg onslaught planned for this weekend :o

I initially read that as "brewers droop" and was imagining trying to play snooker with a length of rope. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I got Halkidiki olives the other day, Specially Selected range, and in a pesto style dressing. Absolutely amazing. Got them to have a veggie option for pizzas but when I tasted one they were too nice for that. Could easily eat the whole tub in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had another thigh burger tonight, was at the seaside all day and absolutely walked the legs of myself, so when I got in wanted something handy enough, a "whack it in the oven" kinda meal.

Another flaming hot one, in my opinion, was even nicer than the first one I cooked, came out lovely and crispy and was excellently seasoned.

Had it with just a slice of smoky cheddar cheese, and some coleslaw, and a bit of side salad. Out of shot is a big bowl of homemade chips that were sprinkled with cumin and paprika seasoning.

IMG-20190420-183830.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Thanks for the chicken thigh burger recommendations!

Had a buttermilk one tonight, with brioche bun and baby gem lettuce.
    Better than any chicken burger I've eaten!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Feck it, I was in aldi on Friday and didn’t think to pick up any of the chicken thigh burgers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Faith wrote: »
    Feck it, I was in aldi on Friday and didn’t think to pick up any of the chicken thigh burgers :(

Tried these yesterday as recommended on here ,very nice, two in the box but very big, could really get four burgers out of them and cut them in half,
    i wouldn't because im greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Feck ye Johnny I'm salivating at those chicken thigh burgers here and Aldi is closed today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

what price are these chicken burgers?

I got the aldi version of tuc crackers, not as salty or oily/melt in the mouth. You would not be binning them or anything, but not that similar to tucs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

rubadub wrote: »

I got the aldi version of tuc crackers, not as salty or oily/melt in the mouth. You would not be binning them or anything, but not that similar to tucs at all.

I'm afraid to ask, but knowing the way Aldi clone all the premium brands packaging and just change the name of the product slightly, what are they calling their version of Tuc Crackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Are the chicken thigh burgers in the frozen department in aldi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bassy wrote: »
    Are the chicken thigh burgers in the frozen department in aldi ?

Going by the box I'd say they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Going by the box I'd say they are!

i say your correct popcorn,one to many tonite :D and no fair sh1tty for you last nite freshpopcorn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

what price are these chicken burgers?

€2.79, which may appear dear for frozen, but they are delicious!
    I've only tried the buttermilk so far. These will be a staple weekend treat I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm afraid to ask, but knowing the way Aldi clone all the premium brands packaging and just change the name of the product slightly, what are they calling their version of Tuc Crackers?

:) a very disappointing "snack cracker", not tuck, tic, tac! They are a similar shape and a yellow packet, there is no doubt who they are copying.

I am not sure what price they are, if they were very cheap I would get them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

:) a very disappointing "snack cracker", not tuck, tic, tac! They are a similar shape and a yellow packet, there is no doubt who they are copying.

I am not sure what price they are, if they were very cheap I would get them again.

I don't think any of the copycat Tuc are much cheaper. They tend to be under a euro but Tuc are often available in Lidl and other places in a twin pack for €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Those buttermilk chicken burgers are fantastic.
    Deceptively large.. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Mars bar easter eggs reduced to 79c today.
    They were 3.99 last week! Bought one on saturday as they were down to 99c and had to buy another today when I saw the price.
    Easter's not over until the chocolate runs out.
    I suppose more of a bargain alert than a reccomendation..

Advertisement