Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

I was doing the shopping last night and had the head buried in the chest freezers and couldn't find them.

Are they gone already?

Could some kind soul post a picture of what the packaging looks like?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was doing the shopping last night and had the head buried in the chest freezers and couldn't find them.

Are they gone already?

Many thanks
    I assume you mean the chicken thigh burgers? Johnny Dogs posted one earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

In my aldi there not in the same place as the normal frozen chicken products, there at the end isle freezer chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I've been vegetarian for a few months now and this bloody thread and your chicken thigh burgers are going to be the death of me. I'm so tempted.

My other half (veggie too) has been introduced to their vegetarian alternative.

Spicy Nacho cheese burgers.

I had a chomp of hers last week, and they're pretty good I have to say.

Are they gone already?

Many thanks

Find the frozen prawns etc, usually at the end of the frozen product aisle.

Come back a fridge, then look up on the top shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I went to Aldi specifically to buy those chicken thigh burgers and spent about 60 quid on god knows what, so they better be fecking good :D.

I got a box of each type, so looking forward to trying them all out. I fûcking love fried chicken but it’s a serious faff to make myself. These could have the potential to save me a lot of clean up...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sorely tempted to buy those thigh burgers but decided to make them myself. They're marinating as we speak! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sorely tempted to buy those thigh burgers but decided to make them myself. They're marinating as we speak! :rolleyes:

What time shall we call over. Promise I'll have to ring the doorbell with my elbow :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Saw something new today, halloumi burger slices, two different types, plain and chilli. Going to give them a try next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Alun wrote: »
    Saw something new today, halloumi burger slices, two different types, plain and chilli. Going to give them a try next week.

They had these last summer as well, they’re gorgeous.

• Advertisement

That's the veggie burgers I was on about here.

IMG-20190426-190238.jpg

These are a good meat substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

That's the veggie burgers I was on about here.

IMG-20190426-190238.jpg

These are a good meat substitute.

Would they be ok in a burger bun?
    They look like they'd fall apart too easy..

Ben Done wrote: »
    Would they be ok in a burger bun?
    They look like they'd fall apart too easy..

The OH had them in a burger bun last weekend, she never complained.

One of them fell apart slightly on me when flipping them in the oven, at the half way cooking point, but I put that down to me using too skinny a utensil to flip it. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Just about to bite into one of the flaming hot chicken burgers... expecting glorious things!

Just about to bite into one of the flaming hot chicken burgers... expecting glorious things!

Nothing like the thrill of nibbling on a big juicy thigh of a Friday evening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thoroughly enjoyed the chicken thigh burgers! I had a buttermilk one and Mr Faith had the flaming hot one. Both went down very well in a brioche bun with some garlic aioli and lettuce. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Bought the buffalo chicken thigh burgers tonight and the pickled slaw......dinner tomorrow! Expecting great things! Can’t wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Myself and Mr Crumble had the hot ones tonight in a seeded brioche bun. Calories aplenty. Went with salad as opposed to chips so we can fool ourselves into believing it wasn't THAT bad ;) Hot enough but not unbearable. The thigh meat was tasty.

I haven't cracked open the chocolate liqueur yet. Have to drive early in the morning and with everything being so strict these days I'm nearly afraid to have a drink the night before in case it's still lingering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Had the spicy thigh burger, brioche buns, onions and sriracha slaw... Was delish

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Myself and Mr Crumble had the hot ones tonight in a seeded brioche bun. Calories aplenty. Went with salad as opposed to chips so we can fool ourselves into believing it wasn't THAT bad ;) Hot enough but not unbearable. The thigh meat was tasty.

I haven't cracked open the chocolate liqueur yet. Have to drive early in the morning and with everything being so strict these days I'm nearly afraid to have a drink the night before in case it's still lingering.

The way the fookers are at the minute you'd be afraid to walk through a bar mans fart and then drive ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,074 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sex & Sexuality Forum ---->

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I accidentally bought chilli pickled gherkins instead of the regular ones. Really good and should be nice in the burger.

I am very picky when it comes to pickled gherkins and these are really good!

Now need to buy those thigh burgers :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Oooooooohhhhhh. I'll have to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Got the last Buttermilk box yesterday in my ALDI but there were loads of the flaming hot and southern fried ones. They are definitely a good size (138g) each but I am not sure about the people who were saying one would make two burgers :eek::eek:

Or maybe that's just me :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This is collective madness!

I bought the hot ones yesterday.
    To be honest, I didn't like the flavour of the coating at all. Nice bit of heat but didn't like the flavour. Meat is nice and juicy, though.
    I'd try the buttermilk ones.
    I don't get why they're called burgers rather than breaded thigh fillets.

Had it with the Asian slaw and a sesame seeded brioche bun.
    I liked the slaw. The seeded bun did nothing for me. Are the seeded ones very different to the regular brioche buns? I remember liking those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Can't comment on the burger, but the seeded brioche burger buns are pretty much the same as the unseeded ones - as long as you're referring to the 'specially selected' ones. There is another seeded brioche burger bun in, I think a green/clear package and it's not nearly as nice - much bigger but very dry and bready.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

B0jangles wrote: »
    Can't comment on the burger, but the seeded brioche burger buns are pretty much the same as the unseeded ones - as long as you're referring to the 'specially selected' ones. There is another seeded brioche burger bun in, I think a green/clear package and it's not nearly as nice - much bigger but very dry and bready.

Ah, perhaps I got the wrong ones.
    These were wide, dry and bready. Sliced too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Ah, perhaps I got the wrong ones.
    These were wide, dry and bready. Sliced too.

Yeah, that sounds like the bad ones - the good ones are nice and rounded and have a soft cakey texture. I've tried brioche buns from Dunnes, Lidl and Tesco, and the Aldi specially selected are definitely the nicest - they also keep the best too, which presumably means they have the highest proportion of fat and/or sugar. The others have a best before of about a week to ten days, the aldi ones are good for a month or more.

I clearly care waaay too much about brioche burger buns :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm just picturing Aldi managers all over the country staring with amazement and confusion as customers flock to the tills carrying blue boxes

Perhaps we should have some sort of Boardsies signal so we can all recognise one another in the frozen aisle :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Perhaps we should have some sort of Boardsies signal so we can all recognise one another in the frozen aisle

We do. That special look of online shame. You know the one :pac:

Advertisement