Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Here ya go

Neither myself or any of the family liked that.
    Coleslaw is sort of nice and so is chilli,but the two didn't seem to quite mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Stumbled upon this thread last night in work and today I made it my business to get these chicken thigh burgers and sriracha slaw. God damn ye!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've bought the buttermilk ones and the sriracha slaw for tonight.

On another note entirely, Aldi have discontinued their version of 'Colour Catchers'. I'll have to try Dealz because I'm not paying about a fiver for the branded ones in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

On another note entirely, Aldi have discontinued their version of 'Colour Catchers'. I'll have to try Dealz because I'm not paying about a fiver for the branded ones in Tesco.

Ah crap. if you find ones in Dealz/Lidl will you let us know here? Cheers

lassykk wrote: »
    Ah crap. if you find ones in Dealz/Lidl will you let us know here? Cheers

Yup, will do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Stumbled upon this thread last night in work and today I made it my business to get these chicken thigh burgers and sriracha slaw. God damn ye!! :D

Just an update, couldn't resist holding off a couple of days so decided to cook these (southern fried) and had them with the slaw and brioche bun. Holy s**t it's lovely! I can now go to work full and happy, some decent eating in one and glad I didn't cook 2 or else I wouldn't be able to move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭donegal_man

...On another note entirely, Aldi have discontinued their version of 'Colour Catchers'. I'll have to try Dealz because I'm not paying about a fiver for the branded ones in Tesco.

They're in Euro General or Euro Square whatever it's called now as well.

They're in Euro General or Euro Square whatever it's called now as well.

Eurogiant? Meant to have a look in Mr Price earlier when I was in Aldi (Mr Price is just across the road from Aldi) and forgot about it until I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had the thigh burgers
    They were grand
    Handy to have for a weekday evening when I’m stuck
    No more exciting than that though tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Sorry to interrupt the chicken burger love in but I had the specially selected shoulder of lamb with red currant and honey glaze. It was absolutely awful. The shoulder was mostly gelatinous fat and the sauce was really sickly sweet. Surprisingly bad and went in the bin.

I had the beef ribs tonight and it was horrible.. taste of the meat was ok , but there was just so much grizzle and fat, hardly edible.. won't be having them again- had them from Supervalu before and much nicer.

On the other hand, I must say I do rate the burnt ends beef , that is just meat without the grizzle and really tasty. At least the last time I had it, a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just bought a jar of little roast peppers for €1.
    Which is very cheap compared to the others out there.

Some Brown Bear DIPA for €2

Very good.

Eurogiant? Meant to have a look in Mr Price earlier when I was in Aldi (Mr Price is just across the road from Aldi) and forgot about it until I got home.

Still haven't forgiven Mr Price after my son's Christenig

IMG-20190330-WA0013-800x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

D wrote: »
    Still haven't forgiven Mr Price after my son's Christenig

hahaha, is that yours for real?! bet they had a sign up saying 10% off signs to cover themselves!

rubadub wrote: »
    hahaha, is that yours for real?! bet they had a sign up saying 10% off signs to cover themselves!

Yep! Discovered the night before (because why would I need to check in advance!).

:D I hope it was a good 'christenig' all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Picked the chicken burgers up today after reading the rave reviews here. Now, full disclosure, I'm more of a breast man generally, so I was apprehensive to start with. My apprehension turned to mild disgust when I took them out of the oven and a fatty goo was seeping out of the larger burger. Nonetheless, being the trooper that I am, I decided to give them a fair trial and and served them up on Aldi's finest brioche bun, garnished with some KFC hot sauce and spicy Aldi cheese.

I tried my best, boards, I really did... But these were quite possibly the vilest form of chicken that's ever darkened my palate. Two bites was all I could manage and into the bin they went.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Still Ill wrote: »
    Picked the chicken burgers up today after reading the rave reviews here. Now, full disclosure, I'm more of a breast man generally, so I was apprehensive to start with. My apprehension turned to mild disgust when I took them out of the oven and a fatty goo was seeping out of the larger burger. Nonetheless, being the trooper that I am, I decided to give them a fair trial and and served them up on Aldi's finest brioche bun, garnished with some KFC hot sauce and spicy Aldi cheese.

I tried my best, boards, I really did... But these were quite possibly the vilest form of chicken that's ever darkened my palate. Two bites was all I could manage and into the bin they went.

Hope you're not still ill from the chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

When I tried the buttermilk burgers a few weeks ago I raved about them, really nice and plenty of flavour.
    I had the southern fried today and found them a bit, meh! The kids loved them tho, said they tasted like KFC, but nicer. I wasn't too keen tho, nice and crispy but no real flavour off the coating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Those frozen chicken thigh burgers are a tad expensive. Fresh beef ultimate burger ones are 50p cheaper and are delicious.

Aldi-The-Perfect-Burger-e1556630912387.jpg?w=960

Not far off Bunsen quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

RasTa wrote: »
    Those frozen chicken thigh burgers are a tad expensive. Fresh beef ultimate burger ones are 50p cheaper and are delicious.

Big big claim to make.

I'll have to test it!!

• Advertisement

Season heavily with salt before cooking, 3mins on each side. Forms a nice crust

Season heavily with salt before cooking, 3mins on each side. Forms a nice crust

Krusty Burgers? :eek: Can I get a Krusty partly gelatinated, non dairy, gum based beverage too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Do I have to go to England to buy it?

Presume they have an Irish version. They have replaced the angus 2 pack over here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The 5% fat burgers are the nicest I've had from Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're gorgeous. Over a third of a pound each and only 176 cals. Give me them any day over a frozen thigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

I can't warm to them, too dense and not enough flavour for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I have to agree those super lean burgers are not as good as the regular ones. Burgers need fat to be tasty. That's a fact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

wonski wrote: »
    I have to agree those super lean burgers are not as good as the regular ones. Burgers need fat to be tasty. That's a fact.

Disagree. I find the 5% fat ones actually have a flavour. Any of the other ones I've had out of Aldi taste like nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Disagree. I find the 5% fat ones actually have a flavour. Any of the other ones I've had out of Aldi taste like nothing.

Good minced steak, some seasoning, a burger press and you can tweak your burger in infinite ways. Weight, thickness, chillies, herbs or whatever you fancy.

Advertisement