Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great news, Aldi Brioche Burger Buns now come in a sesame seed variety and they are spectacular, the specially selected ones in the black bag, the original unseeded ones were nice but very egg-y and I always feel a burger is missing something without sesame seeds, these are absolute perfection and let you make absolutely perfect burgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Thargor wrote: »
    Great news, Aldi Brioche Burger Buns now come in a sesame seed variety and they are spectacular, the specially selected ones in the black bag, the original unseeded ones were nice but very egg-y and I always feel a burger is missing something without sesame seeds, these are absolute perfection and let you make absolutely perfect burgers...

Saw them last week but had enough of the basic. Was going to get some today but there wasn't any. I noticed they are 10c cheaper..unusual! Look forward to tasting them..Like a sesame bun meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

prodsc wrote: »
    Saw them last week but had enough of the basic. Was going to get some today but there wasn't any. I noticed they are 10c cheaper..unusual! Look forward to tasting them..Like a sesame bun meself!

Do these freeze ok? Sounds like something I'd like to have stashed away....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They freeze fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I actually don't like sweet burger buns so those brioche buns do nothing for me.

Anyway I got very cute piggy measuring cups a spoons today because mine are on their last legs. They were confiscated by kids so I probably just wasted 10 euros. Anyway I like to buy their light mozzarella balls. They are less watery and great for domestic oven pizzas. I can't stand the pregrated stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

meeeeh wrote: »
    I actually don't like sweet burger buns so those brioche buns do nothing for me.

Same here, but funnily enough I really like the Hotdog Brioche Rolls. I normally put two frankfurters in a hotdog roll but find one is plenty in the brioche ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yumm, must give these a try if we ever get BBQ weather again! I tried the Tesco ones recently and they were very nice, but the addition of sesame seeds would be a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Has anybody tried Aldi's moisturiser and serem. The seaweed one, cant think of the name. I have dry and sensitive skin. Wondering would I be asking for trouble trying it out.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/fill-your-bathroom-cabinet-for-less-than-35-1.2664827#.V0wKZG0gWek.twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Yumm, must give these a try if we ever get BBQ weather again! I tried the Tesco ones recently and they were very nice, but the addition of sesame seeds would be a winner!

Had them last week, they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Brioche burger buns . The work of the devil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

squadro wrote: »
    Brioche burger buns . The work of the devil.

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Brioche anything..their milk rolls mmmm! Like eating a softer sweet hot dog bun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I haven't tried that one but their H20 serum is amazing.

It is impossible to find. I've not seen it for months.

The Xpert Range is fantastic, could not recommend highly enough (I am 57)

Aldi's version of Special K with red berries.

Delicious and a fraction of the price, the brand is such a rip off.

Aldi's version of Special K with red berries.

Delicious and a fraction of the price, the brand is such a rip off.

And the Aldi Fruit and Fibre takes better than Kelloggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Zelda247 wrote: »
    And the Aldi Fruit and Fibre takes better than Kelloggs.

And the wheaties!! Delicious
    I've probably posted this before, 1.29 for aldi version.

has anyone tried the aldi baked beans?
    how do they compare to bachelors or heinz?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

ellejay wrote: »

I get them all the time and think they are lovely. I get the Corale ones in the Blue/Red can with the ring pull.

ellejay wrote: »

I like them, I get the sugar free ones.

I love bachelor's but these are absolutely fine as a substitute

thanks i'll bite the bullet and try them!

• Advertisement

Thanks Thargor, popped in to pick a pack up :) got the last pack on the shelf, love the original version :D funny how they are 10c cheaper :P

Also picked up a box of 'jiggly pops' ice cream; aldi's take on the now no longer available wibbly wobbly wonder, had to get a box for nostalgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

For a handy quick tasty snack the frozen baked potatoes are great. Just add your toppings of choice. I get my recipes off the spudulike menu.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

The steaks in there are beautiful, not overly cheap but cheaper than a butcher.. the fillet is the one iv been buying

squadro wrote: »
    For a handy quick tasty snack the frozen baked potatoes are great. Just add your toppings of choice. I get my recipes off the spudulike menu.😀

I quite fancy trying these.

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    The steaks in there are beautiful, not overly cheap but cheaper than a butcher.. the fillet is the one iv been buying

I tried the Pepper Sirloin ones, 2 for 6 euros they were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Agreed !! The steaks for 8.99 (I think) are beautiful . Slow cooked with onion and mushrooms and sweet potatoe ah man ! Ah yum

wally1990 wrote:
    Agreed !! The steaks for 8.99 (I think) are beautiful . Slow cooked with onion and mushrooms and sweet potatoe ah man ! Ah yum

Slow cooking steak is a sin my man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Their Irish steaks are unbelievable. I didn't think they would be great when I got them because they were so much cheaper than my local butcher. Turns out they outclass my local butcher and they cost way less. Win-win situation for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

Slow cooking steak is a sin my man!

Agreed. Slow cooking works best for tougher cuts of meat. Any decent steak shouldn't be slow cooked.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know does aldi sell those jackets all year round? Wore one today and was surprised how comfortable and warm it was.. I think they are skiing jackets

Advertisement