Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

Any clothing or tools etc are just weekly specials. The ski gear is probably sold a few times a year, normally around Xmas time. Keep an eye on their leaflets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Another vote for the fillet steaks, 8.99 for two - had them last night and they were nicer than some steaks I've had in restaurants. Beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Cool wrote: »
    Another vote for the fillet steaks, 8.99 for two - had them last night and they were nicer than some steaks I've had in restaurants. Beaut!

Is it not €12.99? Great steaks though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I had the fillet steaks for dinner this evening. Beautiful with the potato gratin. That lovely solid feeling in your belly when you have had good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Is it not €12.99? Great steaks though :D

I think they have couple of different ranges. I usually buy strip loin or rib eye in specially select range and mostly they are good. Sometimes they are sliced too thinly because they have to be inside weight limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think they have couple of different ranges. I usually buy strip loin or rib eye in specially select range and mostly they are good. Sometimes they are sliced too thinly because they have to be inside weight limits.

I had the 2 for 4.99, gosh they were delicious, my husband could not believe 2 great steaks for that price. I simply added salt and pepper and fried, then served with a salad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The smoky barbecue ribs in the long box are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do you cook them? Must throw a batch in the Airfryer some time, seems Ive been looking at them for years and never actually bought them for some reason...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They're a sheet of ribs, and have a rub on them with a sachet of sauce included. They're baked for 25 minutes, then you spread the sauce over them and put them back in for 5 minutes. They'really really tender. They do sweet chilli ones too but I haven't tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Wiseman Drinkwater

Had the vacuum packed ribeye steak that people rave about. I'm not a regular steak eater but it was extremely tasty. Heavy marbling and a deep beefy flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Thargor wrote: »
    Great news, Aldi Brioche Burger Buns now come in a sesame seed variety and they are spectacular, the specially selected ones in the black bag, the original unseeded ones were nice but very egg-y and I always feel a burger is missing something without sesame seeds, these are absolute perfection and let you make absolutely perfect burgers...

Had the seeded ones for the 1st time tonight. Excellent and they hold together very well. Anyone else find their ordinary buns crumble away in your hands as you try to eat?

Anyway, the brioche ones are the only ones for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

They're a sheet of ribs, and have a rub on them with a sachet of sauce included. They're baked for 25 minutes, then you spread the sauce over them and put them back in for 5 minutes. They'really really tender. They do sweet chilli ones too but I haven't tried them.

I tried the sweet chill ones last week, really not that nice imo. The sauce had an unpleasant taste. Do like the smokey ones though.

Tried doing them in the oven and the airfrier. Preferred them from the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

SteM wrote: »
    I tried the sweet chill ones last week, really not that nice imo. The sauce had an unpleasant taste. Do like the smokey ones though.

Tried doing them in the oven and the airfrier. Preferred them from the oven.

Yeah I didn't like the chilli ones at all.

Smokey Bbq ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lidl version of these is on special this weekend for €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Has anyone seen the H20 serum? Has it been discontinued?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Frank's Red Hot Sauce in the 4th of July specials this week.

*fills trolley*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Frank's Red Hot Sauce in the 4th of July specials this week.

*fills trolley*

is it nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

its nice... and its healthy....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Zelda247 wrote: »
    is it nice?

If you like your chicken wings, you need this product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I also saw Reese's Cups and Kingsize Nut Bars, too. Can't remember prices.

I want to recommend Brannan's Roast Tikka Chicken Pieces.
    Perfect for a salad, sandwich or snacking on their own, they actually taste of chicken, rather than some slippery chewy mess you often get in these deli-style packs.
    €2.29 for a family-size pack and they also have Roast BBQ flavour and Peri Peri.

Loving the Strong and Spreadable cheese spread still; can't get over the full flavour, which is rare in a cheese spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

There was a thread about Frank's sauce somewhere before and someone posted this link which I followed. Makes fantastic wings.

http://jamm222.blogspot.ie/2010/03/hot-crispy-chicken-wings.html?m=1

Grab a Philips Airfryer the next time they come up in Bargain Alerts, makes amazing wings, crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, must try making my own with Franks sauce. Aldis Buffalo Wing Sauce on its own is pretty nice aswell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Do these freeze ok? Sounds like something I'd like to have stashed away....
    Thargor wrote: »
    They freeze fine.
    Picked up a pack of these brioche burger buns when I happened to see them the other day.

Says on the pack they're not suitable for freezing :(

A) I wonder why that would be?

B) I'm assuming I won't kill myself if I do freeze them and use them.... I'm unlikely to eat four full burgers in the use-by time after I open them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I put mine in the freezer I didn't even read the package lol.

I'm sure they will be OK

I never even looked at the instructions tbh, thats weird, Ive kept the plain Brioche ones on ice for weeks and they come out of the toaster identical to fresh ones so I just assumed, Id say ignore it, what could be that different from every other burger bun ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I always freeze the brioche buns and have never had a problem or been sick from them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I doubt they'd make you sick but all burger buns I've frozen have a tendency to break up a bit or get crushed but other stuff that's thrown into the freezer. (litre bottles of moo juice for calves being the main offender :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah, I was only joking really about being sick/killing myself if I froze them :D

How could you not be able to freeze them, in all seriousness??? Is that just H&S gone mad? Like the M&S diktat not to ever, ever reheat anything, ever?

They're in the freezer, and I look forward to trying one in the near future!

In the meantime, I really must try and remember to look for this strong (?) cheese spread - now that sounds right up my alley!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I've found that the strong cheese spread has got a lot more.... liquidy recently. It still tastes okay, but after you open it, it starts to look more like yoghurt than cheese spread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I havent bought then aldi brioche buns but I have 2x tesco ones which i used from the freezer recently and they were fine.

Can't imagine what could be specific to aldi about their brioche that would make it differ from elsewhere.

Advertisement