Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Ooh, I've been getting something similar from M&S for years. Do they do the non smoked in Aldi?

I haven't seen it, but I'll double check next time I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have been looking for that in two local Aldis. No luck :(

I found it hidden away on the very top shelf with the cold meats, very hard to spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Got this in Aldi. They are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

They have new sandwiches that can be eaten hot or cold.Like grilled cheese and burritos.Anyone have them yet.
    I only say them last night and didnt have enough to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Peri-Peri Chicken Pringles are all kinds of good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I do not recommend the frozen vegan burgers. the Eden burgers in Lidl are much, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

kylith wrote: »
    I do not recommend the frozen vegan burgers. the Eden burgers in Lidl are much, much better.

I've not tried the Lidl burgers but was impressed by the vegan "no beef" burgers. Not had the "no chicken" version so can't comment on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Ooh, I've been getting something similar from M&S for years. Do they do the non smoked in Aldi?
    I checked earlier when I was in my local Aldi, it's just smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've not tried the Lidl burgers but was impressed by the vegan "no beef" burgers. Not had the "no chicken" version so can't comment on them.
    It was the 'no beef' ones that I was unimpressed with.

The Eden burgers are up there with the Impossible Burger that Iceland carries, but is half the price. THey don't taste like meat, but they taste meaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

kylith wrote: »

I knew I forgot something this week, I wanted to try the cheese and onion crisp flavour of the vegetarian burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

dubstarr wrote: »
    They have new sandwiches that can be eaten hot or cold.Like grilled cheese and burritos.Anyone have them yet.
    I only say them last night and didnt have enough to buy them.

Well i bought them and all the family liked them.I got ham and cheese grilled and chicken burrito.They where well liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Fresh lychees available as part of the super 6, Parnell St were limiting the packs to 3 per person and East Wall had none earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    Fresh lychees available as part of the super 6, Parnell St were limiting the packs to 3 per person and East Wall had none earlier today.

Got some earlier in Newlands Cross, they're delicious!

I checked earlier when I was in my local Aldi, it's just smoked.

Same. Smoked only.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

McMurphy wrote: »
    Got some earlier in Newlands Cross, they're delicious!

Such a lovely delicate flavour! I don’t know what changed and how they became so hard to get but I remember having them regularly as a kid so this is a nice little bit of nostalgia for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

AulWan wrote: »
    I found the bacon on mine was perfectly fine, and I added more. ;)

As promised above,

AYzReCW.jpg

How much were these? Please

How much were these? Please

€1.99

I just had some on a toasted sesame seed bagel with cream cheese. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Have been looking for that in two local Aldis. No luck :(

Same here

I got them in two places, Templeogue and Belgard Road branches, if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

AulWan wrote: »
    I got them in two places, Templeogue and Belgard Road branches, if thats any help.

It's unfortunately not the first time that new food offerings in Aldi take their time to come to stores West of the Shannon.
    They seem to road test them in some areas first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's unfortunately not the first time that new food offerings in Aldi take their time to come to stores West of the Shannon.
    They seem to road test them in some areas first.

I'm in Dublin and my store hasn't had any either!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is the siracha coleslaw gone? Haven't seen it in ages in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Esse85 wrote: »
    Is the siracha coleslaw gone? Haven't seen it in ages in my local.

I *think* that was a summer product. I haven't seen it in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Used to love the Gratin Potatoes (the ones in a tinfoil tray) , haven’t had them in a couple of months but had them today. Definitely changed and for the worst. Way less sauce on them now and the potatoes cut much thicker. Won’t be buying again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The rustic mushroom soup is quite nice.
    Hard to find a decent mushroom soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if its a new product as I havent seen it before but the Rib steak Dinner burgers wrapped in maple cured bacon and with a Cashel blue cheese topper are delicious. Pricey enough at 4.49 for a pack of two but I came across a short dated one for half price. They're 230 grams each burger so quite a hunk of meat, 8oz a burger. Instructions are to cook them in the oven for 30 mins but I just pan fried for about 15 for a really nice rare burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

the beef ragu in the black plastic round tray is lovely,is around 3 euro and it has pasta.i do add 3 boiled potatoes to have with it and I think its quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

bassy wrote: »
    the beef ragu in the black plastic round tray is lovely,is around 3 euro and it has pasta.i do add 3 boiled potatoes to have with it and I think its quite nice.

When I moved into a new house and only had a microwave to cook with I lived off that beef ragu for a few weeks. Its not bad at all for a ready meal but I ate so many of them I got sick of it and havent tried it since :o It is decent enough though, just not in large quantities!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,647 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

bassy wrote: »

If they added a few mushrooms it would really take it up a notch!

Regardless, it's lovely as a quick lunch or with a glass of red as a just in from work supper.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If they added a few mushrooms it would really take it up a notch!

Regardless, it's lovely as a quick lunch or with a glass of red as a just in from work supper.

pick up a box of mushrooms on aldi for 89c and away you go,im ore a lager person than wine.but hey cheers :)

Advertisement