Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

fussyonion wrote: »
    I also saw Reese's Cups and Kingsize Nut Bars, too. Can't remember prices.

I want to recommend Brannan's Roast Tikka Chicken Pieces.
    Perfect for a salad, sandwich or snacking on their own, they actually taste of chicken, rather than some slippery chewy mess you often get in these deli-style packs.
    €2.29 for a family-size pack and they also have Roast BBQ flavour and Peri Peri.

Loving the Strong and Spreadable cheese spread still; can't get over the full flavour, which is rare in a cheese spread.

I agree, I use the Roast Chicken ones and they are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    In the meantime, I really must try and remember to look for this strong (?) cheese spread - now that sounds right up my alley!

Ah arsebiscuits, I KNEW there was something else I wanted in Aldi yesterday when I was in there clearing them out of Frank's :mad::mad::mad:

Also, how are there people in the world who have never tasted Frank's??? Does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ah arsebiscuits, I KNEW there was something else I wanted in Aldi yesterday when I was in there clearing them out of Frank's :mad::mad::mad:

Also, how are there people in the world who have never tasted Frank's??? Does not compute.

I'm one of them!! Never tasted it and don't like chicken wings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ditto :D

I highly recommend Aldi beetroot and tinned sweetcorn. I have been using a lot in salads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I can't stand tinned sweetcorn, it tastes wrong and the texture is off (to me anyway!) so I get the bags of frozen sweetcorn which are brilliant :)
    Got that tub of spreadable cheese on Thursday and Dad has it half eaten already so there's a new fan of it as well!

Kovu wrote: »
    I can't stand tinned sweetcorn, it tastes wrong and the texture is off (to me anyway!) so I get the bags of frozen sweetcorn which are brilliant :)
    Got that tub of spreadable cheese on Thursday and Dad has it half eaten already so there's a new fan of it as well!

Ah never thought of Frozen Sweetcorn, which brand do you buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Zelda247 wrote: »

I switch between the frozen cobs and the loose sweetcorn, don't know the name but think they only have the one brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OMG, there is a new product.

Clandeboye Estate Madagascan vanilla Greek yogurt. Try it. Not too sweet and plenty thick. Gawjus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kovu wrote: »
    I switch between the frozen cobs and the loose sweetcorn, don't know the name but think they only have the one brand?

Think it's branded "four seasons"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Clandeboye Estate Madagascan vanilla Greek yogurt. Try it. Not too sweet and plenty thick. Gawjus.

and its got a great Vanilla flavour too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Oi dont diss the chicken wings, my butcher does 40 wings for a tenner and break them down, douse them in sweet chilli sauce and pop them in the oven ...... delish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

OMG, there is a new product.

They've had this a couple of months now:)

Absolutely yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Oi dont diss the chicken wings, my butcher does 40 wings for a tenner and break them down, douse them in sweet chilli sauce and pop them in the oven ...... delish

Anything doused with sweet chilli sauce is not delish. I curse the fool who invented sweet chilli sauce

For what it's worth, tonight's meal consists of 2 racks of smokey BBQ ribs, their own chicken wings with the Frank's sauce, boiled and roasted potatoes with Ainsley Harriot couscous ....all Aldi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

For what it's worth, tonight's meal consists of 2 racks of smokey BBQ ribs, their own chicken wings with the Frank's sauce, boiled and roasted potatoes with Ainsley Harriot couscous ....all Aldi

Never had the bbq ribs are they any good? Just microwave them or what?

For what it's worth, tonight's meal consists of 2 racks of smokey BBQ ribs, their own chicken wings with the Frank's sauce, boiled and roasted potatoes with Ainsley Harriot couscous ....all Aldi :)

Sounds nice, I bought that Coucous but i have not tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

I'm a big fan of their sultana bread.

Never had the bbq ribs are they any good? Just microwave them or what?

No, about 25 mins in the oven

• Registered Users Posts: 23 driverl

i have just moved into an area where there is an Aldi, i am not really familiar with the store, what do you recommend of their products.

Be ware of the use by dates on the Super Six range its b class produce so either use it quick or keep it in the fridge.

• Advertisement

Red King wrote: »
    The Andara red wine, toro loco reserva and pata negra are all gorgeous.

I am not keen on the Andara red but I like the white one, I have not tried the toro loco or the path negra yet.

Freeman's Bay Pinot Gris is a lovely white wine.

It seems to be new.

Freeman's Bay Pinot Gris is a lovely white wine.

It seems to be new.

Is that the one with the dusty blue label? (Maybe the one I'm thinking of is a SB)

If so, it's been around a long time (possibly not all the time, admittedly, I don't buy wine in Aldi all that often) and it's lovely :)

Is that the one with the dusty blue label? (Maybe the one I'm thinking of is a SB)

If so, it's been around a long time (possibly not all the time, admittedly, I don't buy wine in Aldi all that often) and it's lovely :)

Nope thats the SB alright. Pinot Gris this one is, definitely pretty new. I thought it was Pinot Grigio at first, apparently they're the same grape though but just a different resulting wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ergh you're making me miss white wine!

This is the one https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/000000016168400

Sorry Sarah:D

Aha, yes I did see that the other day and was tempted, but went for the old familiar SB....

Will have to give it a whirl now!

It's delish :-)

Now if only Aldi did delivery like in the UK!!!

These things are coming up in the specials on Thursday - water globes for if you're leaving your poor potted plants to dry out for any length of time.

They look pretty cool and are surprisingly effective. I'll definitely be picking up a few more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

These things are coming up in the specials on Thursday - water globes for if you're leaving your poor potted plants to dry out for any length of time.

They look pretty cool and are surprisingly effective. I'll definitely be picking up a few more!

Have always wondered about these. I've a tomato plant on the go at the moment that would probably benefit from this.
    Purchase planned! :D

Advertisement