Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lild do it here too
    Ive never seen it and I cant find it on the website...

I suppose it is a sunshine and holidays kind of thing as someone said anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive never seen it and I cant find it on the website...

I suppose it is a sunshine and holidays kind of thing as someone said anyway.

Would imagine is a seasonal product for both Lidl and Aldi. Cant imagine there being much (any) demand for it in November.

Both Lidl and Aldi rotate products based on the time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's hardly any alcohol in the Lidl stuff. Cullen's lemon is a normal strength cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Aldi have three different bottles of men's aftershave/EDT as a special for Father's Day, selling for around €7

One of these, "Ferocious", is very similar to Dior Sauvage. I tried it the other day in the shop, and was quite impressed at how close to that he actually smelled, even more impressed when I realised the scent remained on my wrist some 8 hours later. I'm sure it's not anywhere near Sauvage in terms of quality, etc., but for the price, I think it's a great alternative.

https://www.you.co.uk/aldi-launches-fragrances-inspired-by-cult-classics-and-prices-start-at-6/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Aldi have three different bottles of men's aftershave/EDT as a special for Father's Day, selling for around €7

One of these, "Ferocious", is very similar to Dior Sauvage. I tried it the other day in the shop, and was quite impressed at how close to that he actually smelled, even more impressed when I realised the scent remained on my wrist some 8 hours later. I'm sure it's not anywhere near Sauvage in terms of quality, etc., but for the price, I think it's a great alternative.

Had a look in my local Aldi today and they were nowhere to be found, must have been popular

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

The best shop bought garlic sauce I've ever had. Not sure if it's part of the grow with Aldi range.

Pity about the stupid packaging, Id want to get more than 2 uses out of it at those grow with Aldi prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The breaded chicken burgers in the fridge section are really nice and they are Irish chicken aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Can confirm the aftertaste lingers too. And fierce high alcohol content!

2013Lara wrote: »
    The best shop bought garlic sauce I've ever had. Not sure if it's part of the grow with Aldi range.

Oh I'll look out for this - where abouts in the shop is it stocked?

Is it the type of garlic sauce that you'd get for a pizza? Always looking for a good at home version of that.

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    Oh I'll look out for this - where abouts in the shop is it stocked?

Is it the type of garlic sauce that you'd get for a pizza? Always looking for a good at home version of that.

Yep like a pizza dipping sauce, runny not thick! It was in the fridge with fresh pastas coleslaw's etc.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Yep like a pizza dipping sauce, runny not thick! It was in the fridge with fresh pastas coleslaw's etc.

Brilliant, thanks will look out for it, thats exactly the sauce I'm after!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Brilliant, thanks will look out for it, thats exactly the sauce I'm after!

Aldi sometimes do Crucials garlic sauce (Dealz also). Give it a try if you see it, its delicious and sounds similar to what your looking for.

ilovetorun wrote: »
    Aldi sometimes do Crucials garlic sauce (Dealz also). Give it a try if you see it, its delicious and sounds similar to what your looking for.

I did get this previously and while its better than a lot of options, its not quite like the sauce you get with pizza. Its too Mayonnaise like. Ideally I'm looking for something like Dominos or Base pizza which are both much thinner sauces.

I did get this previously and while its better than a lot of options, its not quite like the sauce you get with pizza. Its too Mayonnaise like. Ideally I'm looking for something like Dominos or Base pizza which are both much thinner sauces.

It's far better than crucials

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Can confirm the aftertaste lingers too. And fierce high alcohol content!

Breath smells lovely afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The gourmet burger buns are really nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The ancient grains bread is also very nice.
    Big slices, perfect for sandwiches.

Had one of those Saturdays pizzas, a margherita. Pricy enough at a fiver but delicious. Best frozen pizza I've ever had. Hopefully they become available all year round.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Had one of those Saturdays pizzas, a margherita. Pricy enough at a fiver but delicious. Best frozen pizza I've ever had. Hopefully they become available all year round.

Has anyone seen these Saturdays pizza in Cork City centre store? None last time I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these Saturdays pizza in Cork City centre store? None last time I checked.

I got them in SuperValu Grange so worth trying Merchants Quay

They have a new garlic Ciabatta in the fridge and it is damn nice, restaurant quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Tried the Graham's Goodness Ice Cream.

Only 320 calories per tub so aimed as a Halo copy.

The salted caramel and white chocolate and raspberry flavours are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Their bagels are perfectly fine but I’d love if they did a poppy seed version

Had the Ballyvourney black pudding this morning. Thought it was middling. Nothing tops Kelly's in my opinion, way ahead of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

So after months of isolating we made a trip to Aldi late in the evening to avoid crowds.

Lots of new items in store.

We got a Ballymaloe Relish knock-off in the squeeze bottle yet to try.

We got BBQ mini fillets which were ok pumped with water.

Also we got mac and cheese crisp bakes yet to try.

A vienna pan sliced and packed which was nice.

Got other things too but can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Their bagels are perfectly fine but I’d love if they did a poppy seed version

They do, but it's small mini/bagels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Aldi is trialling home delivery for groceries from today. Only in Dublin in partnership with Deliveroo.

Must say I am completely surprised by this.

I doubt it will get into smaller town, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭rob316

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Also Bradley's on North main st sell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

wonski wrote:
    Aldi is trialling home delivery for groceries from today. Only in Dublin in partnership with Deliveroo.

Only 140 essentials products like bread and milk. €4.99 delivery plus the products are dearer on the app than in-store.

From the aldi website.
    The prices of our products on the Deliveroo app may be different from what you pay in store. However, they still offer amazing Aldi value and quality.

Advertisement