Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

New to me anyway are frozen Skin on Fries. A yellow bag I think €1.19.

They are delicious. I cook them in the air fryer.

I'm not exaggerating here when I say they are the nicest frozen chips I've ever tasted. I got 4 bags for the freezer the other day just incase others cop on to them.

I also do them in the air Fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They had them before in my local Aldi and then they disappeared for a few months. They also do a beef fat version too. Both lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

I'm not exaggerating here when I say they are the nicest frozen chips I've ever tasted. I got 4 bags for the freezer the other day just incase others cop on to them.

Completely agree. Full of flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can they be done in an ordinary oven, for those of us who don't have air fryers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

They are delicious. I cook them in the air fryer.

can you or one of the others stick up a pic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Skin-On-Fries-A.jpg?o=GUwHQpMRegsq%400q9DdOVpmREXU8j&V=ozxH&w=960&h=1200&p=2&q=38

thanks tangy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Must give those fries a try. I normally get the Maris Piper chunky chips (black bag) which are decent enough.

Just had a packet of their Snackrite 'Potato Hoops', its remarkable how identical they are to original Hula Hoops. I just wish they could make their Pringles clone (Stackers) actually taste like Pringles but its some way off.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Must give those fries a try. I normally get the Maris Piper chunky chips (black bag) which are decent enough.

Just had a packet of their Snackrite 'Potato Hoops', its remarkable how identical they are to original Hula Hoops. I just wish they could make their Pringles clone (Stackers) actually taste like Pringles but its some way off.

have to say the salt/vinegar snackrite pringles are fabulous,and i aways notice theres very few of them left.while theres loads of the other flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »

Pretty sure it was on this site that someone posted about bringing home a multipack of snack hoops, and when they opened the bag, out dropped individual packets of Hula Hoops :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can they be done in an ordinary oven, for those of us who don't have air fryers?

I'm sure they can. An air fryer is just a mini fan oven with a turbo attached.

Much prefer their s&v Stackers to the real thing. Last pack of Pringles I got were almost inedible with the amount of salt on them, and I feckin' love salty crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those Skin On Fries are spectacular, my new choice of chips for the Airfryer. Previously the McCain Skin On ones were the best but thats a smaller bag for 3X the price! I think they took a little swipe at them with the purple font on the bag aswell, this better not be a Summer thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They've he skin on fries in since March.
    They also have a chunky version of them in beef dripping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I may have to delete all the posts mentioning the skin on fries so no more people hear about them ;)

We had them tonight and they're amazing. Nicest frozen chips ever :)

I may have to delete all the posts mentioning the skin on fries so no more people hear about them ;)

We had them tonight and they're amazing. Nicest frozen chips ever :)

great idea dizzy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

I got a really nice bottle of Lemon & Lime cordial in Aldi during the lockdown. It was in middle aisle with the food specials. I haven't seen it since, does anyone know if it appears regularly or if it was a once off?

I have no idea of the brand - didn't even have the smarts to take a pic of the label before it got binned!! I think the bottle was only about 300ml

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The skin on fries seem to be a copy of the McCains ones which are a very similar fat content and very expensive.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295627297

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Skin-On-Fries-A.jpg?o=GUwHQpMRegsq%400q9DdOVpmREXU8j&V=ozxH&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

rubadub wrote: »
    The skin on fries seem to be a copy of the McCains ones which are a very similar fat content and very expensive.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295627297

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Skin-On-Fries-A.jpg?o=GUwHQpMRegsq%400q9DdOVpmREXU8j&V=ozxH&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

Thanks for the recommendations, tried these and for frozen chips they are very nice. Need seasoning like most chips but have a nice crisp bite to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

anyone tried the fresh sushi from Aldi. Any good if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I got a really nice bottle of Lemon & Lime cordial in Aldi during the lockdown. It was in middle aisle with the food specials. I haven't seen it since, does anyone know if it appears regularly or if it was a once off?

I have no idea of the brand - didn't even have the smarts to take a pic of the label before it got binned!! I think the bottle was only about 300ml

I hope you've learned that in future you should photograph every single piece of packaging as you bin it .
    There's a dragons den idea for you. Bin attached barcode scanner (patent pending, so stealing my ideas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Their own version of HB icebergers 6 for €1.99 and their own version of Solero bars are excellent. Both considerably cheaper than the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I remember seen that in the Grow with Aldi section so was a once off. A google though says this is the gang https://www.naturallycordial.ie/products/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

Their own version of HB icebergers 6 for €1.99 and their own version of Solero bars are excellent. Both considerably cheaper than the real deal.

At Christmas they had a gingerbread version that were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

anyone tried the fresh sushi from Aldi. Any good if so?

I've had it a few times, I thought it was quite tasty but I wouldn't be a sushi expert mind you. But nice and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Recliner wrote:
    I've had it a few times, I thought it was quite tasty but I wouldn't be a sushi expert mind you. But nice and fresh.

Had it there actually. Very tasty I thought as well. Not an expert either ha. Would go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

These chips, never had them but should I go for the beef fat or normal version? Which tastes better?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've only had the normal ones and they're lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The organic prosecco, has been recommended to me.

€13 I think but only £8 in UK!

Has anyone tried it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I've only had the normal ones and they're lovely.

Definitely going to give either of those chips to try, it's kinda rare that I have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Their wine selection is abysmal but the Cotes du Rhone Village is spectacular value for 9 quid.

C%C3%B4tes-du-Rh%C3%B4ne-Villages-A.jpg?o=t3g0rlVxawvdy51px6xgpQDavPAj&V=7Q8X&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

Advertisement