Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Well they just got back to say it's been replaced with a new brand skin on fries product so we'll see the craic I guess.

They just gave me the product number of the replacement.
    Hopefully there won't be much difference in products as that skin on product was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Well they just got back to say it's been replaced with a new brand skin on fries product so we'll see the craic I guess.

edit: and now i have a further response saying the new skin on product will be from the same suppliers so...

Change of wrapper/branding to up the price after seeing the popularity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

con747 wrote: »
    The skin on fries go well with the garlic bread side and a lasagne.

Mother of god that's a metric sh*t-tonne of carbs in one meal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭con747

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Mother of god that's a metric sh*t-tonne of carbs in one meal!

Instead of a takeaway once in a while.:D

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had the new cheesy garlic bread in the mini pizza box last night, it was so good!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

edit: and now i have a further response saying the new skin on product will be from the same suppliers so...

Usual Aldi/Lidl scheme:
    withdraw product
    wait, so a direct comparison is less likely
    replace with lower quality product but same packaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I did the same for the chilli sauce with dried spices in the lid a few years ago (nicest chilli sauce ever!) to absolutely no avail :(

Having only just discovered the skin on fries, I'm fierce disappointed they're going! Might try to snaffle another bag tomorrow..... although my freezer is stuffed full!

haha you've reminded me now, that chilli with the spices in the lid was exactly what I emailed them about a couple of years back and yeah no dice, just a sorry and enjoy all the other products, etc. It was really decent chilli sauce too, I have never come across anything as good as it since
    Had the new cheesy garlic bread in the mini pizza box last night, it was so good!!!

I had my third one last night, they're getting addictive :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Vanilla latte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Went to buy skin on fries today,, they weren't in usual spot and had been replaced by beef dripping variety and there was no price for them. asked a member of staff who told me they had moved fridges to avoid confusion..asked about delisting..knew nothing about it...there is hope yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Picked up 3 bags in Aldi Palmerstown this evening, loads of stock there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

prodsc wrote: »
    Went to buy skin on fries today,, they weren't in usual spot and had been replaced by beef dripping variety and there was no price for them. asked a member of staff who told me they had moved fridges to avoid confusion..asked about delisting..knew nothing about it...there is hope yet!

There's no hope, Customer Service confirmed the product will be delisted and replaced. The only hope is the replacement product will be as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭nc6000

I still miss those twin packs of gourmet sausage rolls in the foil tray. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

nc6000 wrote: »

I was only looking for those yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭nc6000

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I was only looking for those yesterday!

I think they're gone. Haven't seen them in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Something else I haven't seen in ages - their bratwurst and frikadellen. I'm not a fan of either but the OH loves both. Has anyone seen these recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Something else I haven't seen in ages - their bratwurst and frikadellen. I'm not a fan of either but the OH loves both. Has anyone seen these recently?

Unfortunately not. The Bratwurst disappeared at the end of the 2019 BBQ season and wasn't seen again and the Frikadellen disappeared early this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

54and56 wrote: »
    Not a profitable product or can't secure a sustainable supply?
    They should just increase the price and see so. There were loads of them in sallynoggin last night.

The seeded brioche were running low, I said before they should be finishing up, hot dog brioche should be too. The packs I got had the same or shorter dates than the ones I got several days ago, so they must be on the way out, final ones were pretty bashed up, its the only thing I do not like about the buns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Got a pack of SS sourdough cooked ham the other day...... I'm not entirely sure where the sourdough comes into it apart from sounding trendy - but my God, it's the nicest cooked ham I've had in a long time!

I've got used to mopping the sweaty ham slices I usually endure :( .....this was dry, salty and sooooooo tasty! Nearest thing to home-cooked ham I've had. Trying to resist scoffing the rest of the pack now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Has anybody spotted frozen croissants in Aldi recently? Got them ages ago and thought they were nice enough. I haven't seen them in an Aldi in a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

degsie wrote: »
    Has anybody spotted frozen croissants in Aldi recently? Got them ages ago and thought they were nice enough. I haven't seen them in an Aldi in ages.

Yep, still in the frozen section in Aldi Sandyford beside the frozen fruit for smoothies etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Recliner

nc6000 wrote: »

I used to slice them into rounds, fry off and have with a poached egg and relish for a late weekend breakfast/brunch.

I’m very sad that Aldi had none of Carlos Pizza Bread. I got 5 bags of skin on fries though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I bought the fresh pizza dough on Sunday, so gonna do a pizza this Saturday....is it any good? I think I remember seeing some positive comments about it on this thread before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Limerick is officially a Skin-On Fries free zone as of today :(

Ok so you all raved about these Saturday pizzas so I bought one and we had it for tea.

5 minutes in the oven at 220

Well it tasted like left over pizza reheated.

It wasn't horrible but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They've 12 packs of mini hazelnut chocolate churros in the freezers, which I'm after making for the kids.

9 mins in the oven, take out and sprinkle with the included sugar pack, and let cool down for a few minutes.

Oh man. They're good. Need to be careful, you wouldn't be long in sinking a whole pack by one's own self. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone try the new Hellbent beef sausage ( Boerewors) .. they have CJ stander on the pack ..some kind of South African sausage.
    It’s definitely one to try.. not sure if I like them or not.. think of the taste a Christmas sausage might be like. I didn’t check ingredients before I tasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    They've 12 packs of mini hazelnut chocolate churros in the freezers, which I'm after making for the kids.

Were they in the section with the ice cream/frozen berries or somewhere else? Went looking for them but no joy.

Otherwise my store cleared out all the skin on fries, they had tons of stock Tuesday but was in earlier intending to grab a few bags to stock up but there was nothing there :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There were still plenty of skin on fries in our branch this morning, Himself picked up another bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Were they in the section with the ice cream/frozen berries or somewhere else? Went looking for them but no joy.

Otherwise my store cleared out all the skin on fries, they had tons of stock Tuesday but was in earlier intending to grab a few bags to stock up but there was nothing there :mad:

They are on the same aisle as frozen vegetables etc, in my Aldi - they're basically opposite the chicken thigh burgers etc.

Advertisement