Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whats in these wraps? I get one of their caesar chicken and bacon wraps the odd time which arent bad but small enough, they're 1.99 iirc

think theres 3 different types,one with rice cheese chicken etc

have to say i,ve tryed 2 types and there tasteless...............................

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The burrito isn't bad actually not very filling but nice taste off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

This is a really nice wine if a bit expensive at almost €18 a bottle. Outside of the special buys I think it's the most expensive thing you can buy in Aldi.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape-A.jpg?o=SvrYrYFJSDcdKSZoTSkkNStLx7Ej&V=6ky%40&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

nc6000 wrote: »
    This is a really nice wine if a bit expensive at almost €18 a bottle. Outside of the special buys I think it's the most expensive thing you can buy in Aldi.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape-A.jpg?o=SvrYrYFJSDcdKSZoTSkkNStLx7Ej&V=6ky%40&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

Really nice wine. I'll get a few for Christmas. For white wine drinkers I can recommend the sauvignon blanc in the attached picture. €15 a bottle but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cazale wrote: »
    Really nice wine. I'll get a few for Christmas. For white wine drinkers I can recommend the sauvignon blanc in the attached picture. €15 a bottle but well worth it.

I second this Sauv, a steal at €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Skin on fries are back in my local Aldi!

I bought about six bags when they were supposed to be leaving but they have never gone out of stock in my local Aldi.

vicwatson wrote:
    I second this Sauv, a steal at €15

Went in today to get a couple of bottles and it's reduced to €10! Got a nice bottle of chateauneuf du pape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Went in today to get a couple of bottles and it's reduced to €10! Got a nice bottle of chateauneuf du pape too.

Was the Chateaunuef still around €18?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Back in mine too! Had them last night, wasn’t sure were they exactly the same as before but were nice anyway.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Was the Chateaunuef still around €18?

Yeah can't remember the exact price but it was around €18-19.

I’ve probably posted this before but the non alcoholic Prosecco is lovely. Nice for a drink at night without the sore head! Or for friends who don’t drink etc if we ever get to have visitors again. I see they’ve new non alcoholic wine too so might try that next.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah they've been back a few weeks, they seem to be popular because often there are only a few packets left in my local whereas all other chips are fully stocked up
    sillysocks wrote: »
    Back in mine too! Had them last night, wasn’t sure were they exactly the same as before but were nice anyway.

Funny you say that as I thought that they are slightly different too. Still nice and everything but like something is missing.

Is the best way to air fry the skin on fries??,I've been using the oven and there not great plus the go cold not long after coming out of the oven.
    I do not have a air fryer,but like to know people's opinions on how the do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

bassy wrote: »
    Is the best way to air fry the skin on fries??,I've been using the oven and there not great plus the go cold not long after coming out of the oven.
    I do not have a air fryer,but like to know people's opinions on how the do them.

We cook them in an Airfryer. They come out crispy on the outside and fluffy inside and they stay hot for quite a while. Best chips in our opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

If cooking in the oven make sure the trays are only 3/4 full at most. If the chips are bundled up on top of each other they won't crisp up properly.
    If you need 2 trays then turn the oven up about 10 degrees higher that what the bag says and swap the trays positions half ways thru cooking.

Even better, not in all Aldi’s though as mine still at €14.70 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minimax90

vicwatson wrote: »
    Even better, not in all Aldi’s though as mine still at €14.70 odd

Watch that space..it was one day only but should be back to 10 by next weekend. Absolute bargain at that. Definitely one of the nicest whites they have.

We do them in the air fryer, so much nicer for chips. Definitely one of our best purchases in the first lockdown! Would say we use it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Has anybody spotted these in any Cork Store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

sorry to say I dont get the whole love for skin on fries. Was dying to try them and finally got some at the wend. They are nice, grand, but to me for a frozen chip, nothing on Aunt Bessies!! Now I will admit they were oven, not air fried so that may be why...Just my opinion! (ducks for cover.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Luap wrote: »
    Has anybody spotted these in any Cork Store?

I’ve seen them loads of times in Blackpool, but I wouldn’t be really looking out for them. But anytime I’ve been over in the freezer section, I’ve spotted them every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

snowgal wrote: »
    sorry to say I dont get the whole love for skin on fries. Was dying to try them and finally got some at the wend. They are nice, grand, but to me for a frozen chip, nothing on Aunt Bessies!! Now I will admit they were oven, not air fried so that may be why...Just my opinion! (ducks for cover.....)

Get out!!!

Seriously though, I've only ever cooked them in the air fryer and they're incredible every single time. 17-18 minutes at 200 degrees, couple of shakes as they're cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Get out!!!

Seriously though, I've only ever cooked them in the air fryer and they're incredible every single time. 17-18 minutes at 200 degrees, couple of shakes as they're cooking.

Shake of chilli salt 5mins before there ready mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Shake of chilli salt 5mins before there ready mmmmm
    Seasoning sticks better if you sprinkle the cooking paper/greaseproof paper with Olive Oil and then shake the fries in it when they are done, and then add it.

Love this seasoning (mixed/blended) drool.gif

2 teaspoons onion salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    2 teaspoons dried parsley
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Optional (but worth it :) )
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    Mixed it all together.

I use one of these pots to store it in.
    uxKCf5C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I regularly get the chorizo, both spicy and non spicy. Made a risotto last night with some of the spicy chorizo and nearly had to dump the whole dinner due to the saltiness of the chorizo. Just powered through as I wasn't arsed cooking something else and I had put some nice prawns in too. This happened before as well a few months ago. Seems like there is maybe issues with quality control, there's no way it should be that salty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

If you want to be able to not feel your taste buds for the rest of the evening, I highly recommend the sea salt & Chardonnay vinegar crisps. Sweet suffering Baby Jesus they made my mouth pucker up like a cat's bum!

Really tasty but if you can get through a whole bag on your own, you're made of tough stuff!

minimax90 wrote: »
    Watch that space..it was one day only but should be back to 10 by next weekend. Absolute bargain at that. Definitely one of the nicest whites they have.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minimax90

vicwatson wrote: »
    How do you know this?
    Because my friend is a store manager and he told me. I think it is from Friday.

• Advertisement

snowgal wrote: »

i agree with you about the skin on fries cooked in the oven and i find the go cold quick also.
    i do not have a air fryer so cannot comment on that aspect.

Advertisement