Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

minimax90 wrote: »
    Because my friend is a store manager and he told me. I think it is from Friday.

Which wine is it, I tried scrolling back but can't find the original post? White?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Which wine is it, I tried scrolling back but can't find the original post? White?
    This one
    Cazale wrote: »
    Really nice wine. I'll get a few for Christmas. For white wine drinkers I can recommend the sauvignon blanc in the attached picture. €15 a bottle but well worth it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=533182&d=1605624049

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minimax90

It's the sancerre

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

minimax90 wrote: »
    Because my friend is a store manager and he told me. I think it is from Friday.

Your mate is bang on

Thank you, 6 bottles in the bag

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you want to be able to not feel your taste buds for the rest of the evening, I highly recommend the sea salt & Chardonnay vinegar crisps. Sweet suffering Baby Jesus they made my mouth pucker up like a cat's bum!

Really tasty but if you can get through a whole bag on your own, you're made of tough stuff!

I tried them yesterday and loved them, they're among the best s&v crisps I've ever tasted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Currently sitting here with the Aldi Specially Selected Irish Cream Liqueur. I honestly can't tell much difference between this and Baileys. Currently €9.83 in store, the best price I've seen for Baileys is €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Currently sitting here with the Aldi Specially Selected Irish Cream Liqueur. I honestly can't tell much difference between this and Baileys. Currently €9.83 in store, the best price I've seen for Baileys is €10.

Isn’t the Aldi one a bigger bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

I tried them yesterday and loved them, they're among the best s&v crisps I've ever tasted :)

The same crisps are only .69p in the UK https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-specially-selected-sea-salt-chardonnay-vinegar-hand-cooked-crisps-150g/4088600198392, here €1.66, how can Aldi justify charging more than double the price here. I will be passing on them because of that. I accept a currency difference but that is taking the proverbial. :(

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Isn’t the Aldi one a bigger bottle?[/quote

Aldi's is 700cl the same size as Baileys.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

Has anyone seen the Ballycastle white chocolate ( think white chocolate Baileys), it's getting rave reviews in the UK. People are saying that it's like liquid milky bar and that it's fantastic in coffee or hot chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LJ3103 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Ballycastle white chocolate ( think white chocolate Baileys), it's getting rave reviews in the UK. People are saying that it's like liquid milky bar and that it's fantastic in coffee or hot chocolate

Christ that sounds unreal, I love white chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ballycastle-white-chocolate-cream/p/707382432659200

I really hope it does come in, but they had these cool beer advent calendar in their us stores that never came in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

fin12 wrote: »
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/ballycastle-white-chocolate-cream/p/707382432659200

I really hope it does come in, but they had these cool beer advent calendar in their us stores that never came in here.

They have 12 beers of Xmas ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The Prosecco advent calendars were reduced to 39 eur today in my ALDI. Also still had the Sancerre marked as 10 eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lashes28 wrote: »
    They have 12 beers of Xmas ones

Ya I got one in Lidl. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I've been an Aldi shopper for years - we do our weekly there.

But this week I bought stewing beef to make .... a stew. I've never got any food anywhere of such poor quality
    It was actually bone and gristle with about 10% of it edible ( by humans )

My daughter asked if we were feeding her dogfood now, and I kinda have to ask similar.

Also, my local Aldi has about 50% fresh produce stock on a Monday night - so little I see the staff moving stuff around on the meat shelves to make it look fully stocked when it isnt - are all Aldis similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

rob316 wrote: »
    Christ that sounds unreal, I love white chocolate.

Me too. I think the Moser Roth white chocolate is the best I’ve ever tasted but will try this other one too. For comparison purposes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Me too. I think the Moser Roth white chocolate is the best I’ve ever tasted but will try this other one too. For comparison purposes...

Love that brand of chocolate.
    Salted caramel is really nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Have the 1kg tubs of Icelandic Skyr disappeared from all Aldis or just my local?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Love that brand of chocolate.
    Salted caramel is really nice too.

Not mad on salted caramel but the salted pretzel chocolate from aldi is unreal. It’s not Moser Roth it’s the chunkier chocolate brand. Often sold out and I can see why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Not mad on salted caramel but the salted pretzel chocolate from aldi is unreal. It’s not Moser Roth it’s the chunkier chocolate brand. Often sold out and I can see why.

The Choceur range is nice, here's the one you posted. https://www.aldi.co.uk/salted-pretzel-chocolate/p/702527410432201

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

If you want to be able to not feel your taste buds for the rest of the evening, I highly recommend the sea salt & Chardonnay vinegar crisps. Sweet suffering Baby Jesus they made my mouth pucker up like a cat's bum!

Really tasty but if you can get through a whole bag on your own, you're made of tough stuff!

I got these - they're unreal, thanks for the recommendation.

However, I do agree - flavour overload would be putting it mildly. You really need to pace yourself with these as the vinegar flavouring in particular packs a punch :D

con747 wrote: »
    The Choceur range is nice, here's the one you posted. https://www.aldi.co.uk/salted-pretzel-chocolate/p/702527410432201

Thank you, that’s it exactly. It’s divine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

However, I do agree - flavour overload would be putting it mildly. You really need to pace yourself with these as the vinegar flavouring in particular packs a punch :D

Three of us demolished a pack in minutes - though one daughter could easily eat a whole pack alone and not flinch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Have the 1kg tubs of Icelandic Skyr disappeared from all Aldis or just my local?

Gone from mine for the last 3 weeks maybe :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Whereabouts are these in store? They sound to me like theyd make a great pairing with a cold beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

McMurphy wrote: »
    Whereabouts are these in store? They sound to me like theyd make a great pairing with a cold beer.

I couldn't resist buying a pack of these tonight - they're with all the other crisps/ peanuts/popcorn snacks near the tills in that shop. In a box mixed with lightly salted crisps,I think.

Given the hype on here, I'm nearly afraid to try them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I couldn't resist buying a pack of these tonight - they're with all the other crisps/ peanuts/popcorn snacks near the tills in that shop. In a box mixed with lightly salted crisps,I think.

Given the hype on here, I'm nearly afraid to try them now!

Open them!

I’m in my PJ s and am considering getting dressed and going to Aldi to buy these. I love crisps literally soaking with vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

anewme wrote: »
    Open them!

I’m in my PJ s and am considering getting dressed and going to Aldi to buy these. I love crisps literally soaking with vinegar

I'm so stuffed with a delicious (if not terribly nutritious) Aldi dinner of spaghetti with tomato and mascarpone stir-in sauce and some chopped up burnt rashers (which in total cost about €2), I'm not sure i have room!

But I might squeeze one or two in, just for research purposes.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I've been an Aldi shopper for years - we do our weekly there.

But this week I bought stewing beef to make .... a stew. I've never got any food anywhere of such poor quality
    It was actually bone and gristle with about 10% of it edible ( by humans )

My daughter asked if we were feeding her dogfood now, and I kinda have to ask similar.

Also, my local Aldi has about 50% fresh produce stock on a Monday night - so little I see the staff moving stuff around on the meat shelves to make it look fully stocked when it isnt - are all Aldis similar ?

Buy nearly all our meat in Aldi and I'd have to agree that their stewing beef is so bad. I've upgraded to their higher quality beef chunks (sorry don't know the exact name) and they have no fat or grizzle. The stewing beef is inedible in parts.

Advertisement