Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

yellow hen wrote: »
    Does anyone know when is the best time to get a fridge full of salads? I've a party this weekend and wang to stock up but the fridge is always empty. In particular I wanted the orzo salad and 5 grain salad.

I usually shop on a Sat or Sunday early morning and most stock items are full to the brim.
    If empty, ask a staff member if there's any in the stock room out back.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Just had some of the chocolate chunk shortbread... Really really good. Better than any other I've tried or even made. Have to restrain myself from eating them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I know I asked some time ago about the unsweetened almond milk - I finally got it there last week. It's ok and almost a € cheaper than the Alpro I have been using. It also has a great shelf life - into 2017 which means I can buy a few together as my local Aldi is not so local. It does taste a bit different -especially if you were drinking it. However, I mainly use mine for ONO (overnight oats) with fruit, so I really haven't noticed any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Needed a quick dinner for myself yesterday so picked up the "new" (said on the box!) takeaway style stuffed crust frozen pizza with pepperoni and chorizo - I put a little bit of black pudding on it myself......oh my dear God - DIVINE!! So so good, miles better than anything you'd get from a takeaway - IMHO anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Tried the lemon and pepper spatchcock chicken. Very tasty and dead handy to cook if you're in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Tried the lemon and pepper spatchcock chicken. Very tasty and dead handy to cook if you're in a hurry.
    They also do chicken portions, thighs and sometimes legs, with the same marinade. Had the thighs yesterday on the barbecue, very nice and cooks a bit quicker than the spatchcocked bird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Lime and coriander chicken pieces in the freezer, they did them ages ago then stopped doing them but they're back and delish as ever!
    Also their greek yog with honey is lovely and they do a greek yog with coconut also delish, again they don't always have them which is most annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

SB_Part2 wrote: »

How long? Anyone tried it in an Airfryer?

Thargor wrote: »
    How long? Anyone tried it in an Airfryer?
    I doubt it'd fit. A spatchcocked chicken is a whole chicken cut along the breast bone and spread out flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I know I asked some time ago about the unsweetened almond milk - I finally got it there last week. It's ok and almost a € cheaper than the Alpro I have been using. It also has a great shelf life - into 2017 which means I can buy a few together as my local Aldi is not so local. It does taste a bit different -especially if you were drinking it. However, I mainly use mine for ONO (overnight oats) with fruit, so I really haven't noticed any difference

Seen it in Dealz in Naas last week. Meant to post it here but it went completely out of my head. :o

Both sweetened and un sweetened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you like the look of Falcon enamelware but don't fancy paying €87, or whatever stupid price it is now that you buy it in fancy kitchen shops rather than down the back of a hardware shop, Aldi have enamel pie dishes this week

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/s...el-pie-dishes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Just had some of the chocolate chunk shortbread... Really really good. Better than any other I've tried or even made. Have to restrain myself from eating them all

Ooh hello! I shall be looking for that tomorrow :D Is it in with the biscuits?

Chocolate covered sugar waffles. I ate two without really meaning to (I think they're a special and not a regular feature, this is probably a good thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Chocolate covered sugar waffles. I ate two without really meaning to (I think they're a special and not a regular feature, this is probably a good thing)

did you put the choc on yourself?

Are they these?
    b04ece34ed9ad0615f01c8e3e21343588e85394d.jpg

If so, put them in the microwave for around 10 seconds of so with Nutella on top... and ice cream on the side

Droolage!!

Also lovely warmed in microwave with maple syrup poured on after... and sure plop some more ice cream on that too! :D

They're a chocolate coated version of those :D Didn't have to chocolate them up myself.

I'm too scared to warm them up & put nutella on them, they're addictive enough straight from the pack!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you like the look of Falcon enamelware but don't fancy paying €87, or whatever stupid price it is now that you buy it in fancy kitchen shops rather than down the back of a hardware shop, Aldi have enamel pie dishes this week

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/s...el-pie-dishes/

I love enamelware and have had a couple of those pie dishes for years. I also have a Falcon teapot and to be honest there's hardly any difference in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Ooh hello! I shall be looking for that tomorrow :D Is it in with the biscuits?

Yes they are. Black box with Scottish flag on it! Really nice, not scabby with the chocolate chunks either. Lemon shortbread delicious too. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

leahyl wrote: »
    Needed a quick dinner for myself yesterday so picked up the "new" (said on the box!) takeaway style stuffed crust frozen pizza with pepperoni and chorizo - I put a little bit of black pudding on it myself......oh my dear God - DIVINE!! So so good, miles better than anything you'd get from a takeaway - IMHO anyway!

Triple the price of their standard frozen pepperoni but you convinced me enough to grab one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Triple the price of their standard frozen pepperoni but you convinced me enough to grab one anyway

Let me know what you thought! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis cant say Im too impressed with Aldis new website, took me ages to suss out where the Super 6 was !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis cant say Im too impressed with Aldis new website, took me ages to suss out where the Super 6 was !

Jaysis x2

The app is a lot handier to find whats on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Anyone looking for Type00 flour or French flour, they are back.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Anyone looking for Type00 flour or French flour, they are back.
    They've got rye flour from the same manufacturer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Alun wrote: »
    They've got rye flour from the same manufacturer as well.

Yes and spelt. I also loved the multi grain they had last time but I didn't see it this time.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I also loved the multi grain they had last time but I didn't see it this time.
    I was disappointed too, but had just bought a load of the eight grain and cotswold crunch off Amazon recently, so no need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I'm devastated.

I couldn't find the Clandeboye Estate Madagascan vanilla yogurt in my Aldi earlier.

Is it gone????

Got some lemon Greek style yogurt instead. The place was mad busy so I couldn't find anyone to ask. Oh dear I hope someone has good news for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

They have big 575g boxes of Nestle Curiously Cinnamon cereal in-store at the moment for €2.99.
    Delighted; love this cereal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They have this 8 pack of mentos sweets flavours from around the world. Think it's €2.99. Really nice different types of mentos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Munching a pack of Ghost Chilli Tortilla Chips atm. Nice spicy hit with a lovely flavour to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Munching a pack of Ghost Chilli Tortilla Chips atm. Nice spicy hit with a lovely flavour to them.

Ooh, how hot are they?
    Are they like Doritos Chilli Heatwave, i.e not really hot, or are they like Doritos Roulette, which are HOT?

Advertisement