Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Zelda247 wrote: »
    I had the Aldi Berry and Custard Strudel, its in the frozen section I think its about 1.30, it was absolutely delicious!

Last night I tried their new Wholewheat rice and Quinoa, gosh it was lovely, I think it was about 99c and you just pop it in the microwave for 2 mins, we had it with a salad and one of the Aldi duck breasts.

We had that last night. Very nice and convenient. The microwave pilaf rice is very good too. I think it's new. It tastes exactly like rice from an Indian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    We had that last night. Very nice and convenient. The microwave pilaf rice is very good too. I think it's new. It tastes exactly like rice from an Indian restaurant.

Whats the brand name on the pilau pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

vicwatson wrote: »

Bilash Microwaveable Pilau Rice

Comes in an orangey pouch

Bilash Microwaveable Pilau Rice

Comes in an orangey pouch

Are you sure its Bilash and not "Worldwide Foods"? Couldnt see an orangey Bilash

Are you sure its Bilash and not "Worldwide Foods"? Couldnt see an orangey Bilash

Yes, I have two of the pouches in my press ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Yeah, it is bilash, it's quite ordinary tasting though and a little too damp .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Picked up the pork and chorizo burgers. Will be repurchasing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Has anyone tried this yet? Bacon jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Owryan wrote: »

I bought Bacon Jam last year in our local artisan food shop. I'm a big bacon fan so was really looking forward to tasting it. Had it on toast and it was ok, nothing mind blowing. I think it's still in the back of the cupboard somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

whoever recommend the salted caramel ice creams,damn you they are divine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Owryan wrote: »

WOOO Sounds amazing :D
    I bought Bacon Jam last year in our local artisan food shop. I'm a big bacon fan so was really looking forward to tasting it. Had it on toast and it was ok, nothing mind blowing. I think it's still in the back of the cupboard somewhere.....

Damn it :(

I'd been looking for that kind of product to put on bagels with halloumi, the hunt continues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

bobskii wrote: »

you're welcome :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bobskii wrote: »
    Told ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can anyone recommend the best Aldi German wurst and how is it texture wise (I loathe gristle!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

No I'm not talking about the Bilash one. It's the Cavala brand. Not in a pouch in a tray. It's not at all damp and is flavoured with cumin seeds. Yum! Well I like it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I love the buffalo mozzarella from Cork that Aldi do. Wonderful stuff. 1.99 for a pack. Mmmmm with basil and tomatoes. Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

My friend introduced me to this in his house the other night, it's lovely on crackers.

So good you'd eat the whole lot...

The Specially selected traditional Scottish lemon shortbread rounds are really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Told ya! :D

Eh I think you'll find I recommended these along with the chocolate brownie ice creams some weeks back ;-) but who cares,we've all discovered them now! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

The Meadowhawk Zinfandel is good value :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Has anyone else tried the Specially Selected Super Berry Granola? Yummy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

I do my main shop there for two adults - excellent value and product range. My only gripes are the quality of fruit and vegetables, mostly the peppers, onions and bananas. Firm favourites for me are the cookies range, the garlic and rosemary breads, hummus and sour creme.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I go to Aldi every week for my main shop. I'm coeliac so the Gluten Free Range is fantastic and very reasonably priced.
    My favourites are the hummus, smoked salmon, salami. smoked ham, cheeses and salmon fillets stuffed with cheese and spinach are delicious.

Antibac wrote: »

My breakfast of choice at the moment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Love the mangoes, twin pack, ripe and ready to eat.
    They haven't had them in stock for a week or so in the three stores I checked.anyone any ideas why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Jrop wrote: »
    ... salmon fillets stuffed with cheese and spinach are delicious.

Are they the ones from the freezer? If so, I've been meaning to try them for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Antibac wrote: »

I bought the other option, I think its a almond one. Didn't get to try it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

B0jangles yes the ones in the freezer. They are so handy put the metal tray in the oven and 25 mins later gorgeous salmon.

I love their Pinot Gris a bargain at €7.99 and Blanquette de Limoux €13.99 is the nicest sparkling wine I've had in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Jrop wrote: »
    B0jangles yes the ones in the freezer. They are so handy put the metal tray in the oven and 25 mins later gorgeous salmon.

I love their Pinot Gris a bargain at €7.99 and Blanquette de Limoux €13.99 is the nicest sparkling wine I've had in ages
    Brilliant, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I bought the other option, I think its a almond one. Didn't get to try it yet.

Was tempted by this one also. Let us know if its wirth getting!

Advertisement