Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What sort of quoting is that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

RasTa wrote: »

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RasTa wrote: »

It's a 6-for-1 special.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's a 6-for-1 special.

The Aldi super six! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

RasTa wrote:

Buy one, get one free.
    Don't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Billy86 wrote:
    It's a 6-for-1 special.

You were short changed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Chia Soda bread, 3.8g fibre and 6.3g protein per slice is very impressive considering the size of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm going looking for those nice candles in a few days. I bought one in Dunnes and it's nearly burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Delux is 8.99 and is as good.IMO.
    Baileys was everywhere for 12 before Xmas.
    That's ballycastle one is made with wine I think while the more expensive one is like baileys made with whiskey and is just as nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Bought an electrical spiraliser in today specials for €40 as have been enjoying their prepackaged spiral courgetti and carrot but this machine is pure rubbish... too fiddly to work and too much wasted veg.
    Does anyone know if I can return for full refund although it has been used. Have receipt etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

lubie76 wrote: »
    Bought an electrical spiraliser in today specials for €40 as have been enjoying their prepackaged spiral courgetti and carrot but this machine is pure rubbish... too fiddly to work and too much wasted veg.
    Does anyone know if I can return for full refund although it has been used. Have receipt etc
    If you have the receipt and packaging it's worth a try. Receipt is the most important thing with Aldi, I've found in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd say they'll take it back, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

We got a manual spiralizer for Christmas from my BIL and SIL along with a book with hippy / organic / vegan style "healthy" recipes, absolutely not my style at all, I don't know what they were thinking. Anyway, attempted to use it once, and it's absolutely useless, with results more like what you'd get from a grater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Alun wrote: »
    We got a manual spiralizer for Christmas from my BIL and SIL along with a book with hippy / organic / vegan style "healthy" recipes, absolutely not my style at all, I don't know what they were thinking. Anyway, attempted to use it once, and it's absolutely useless, with results more like what you'd get from a grater.

Thanks for letting us know, I was thinking of getting one, I use a grater at the moment and I will stick with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know, I was thinking of getting one, I use a grater at the moment and I will stick with it!

Rectangular cheese graters: the best way to cut an onion ever. :D

(just for the love of god, don't put your head directly above it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tried those Thai Style Prawn Fishcakes today.
    Really really nice and I normally don't eat much fish cos I don't particularly like it, but these I loved.

Brought spiraliser back today with receipt and there was no issue whatsoever in handing me full refund. Saw another 2 same models sitting behind the till so obviously other people feel the same way. Now off to search for a better model on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I picked a honey & thyme goats cheese log in Aldi before Christmas. Very tasty indeed.

The Cremant de Jura sparkling wine is also excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Turkey Slices 1.59, wow, just wow, so moist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

vicwatson wrote: »

Are these the specially selected ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Are these the specially selected ones?

Sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭anewme

dudara wrote: »

The Cremant de Jura sparkling wine is also excellent value

That's really nice. I recommended it to a friend for her wedding reception and they loved it.

It's far better than the cheap proseccos some of which are just heartburn in a glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Anyone have a view on their gluten free range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

the sweet stuff in the gluten free range us a hit with the kids in our school.we use the pasta and bread too which is all good.they had a multi seed brown pan which I tried myself.it was quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I love the gluten free breads and the cakes. If you put the Aldi app on your phone you can check the whole range of their products for gluten free status. It's really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brought spiraliser back today with receipt and there was no issue whatsoever in handing me full refund. Saw another 2 same models sitting behind the till so obviously other people feel the same way. Now off to search for a better model on amazon.
    You're not exaggerating, I saw 2 different people returning them in Aldi Bray today in the 5 minutes I was at the till, both saying they're useless. Couldnt believe the size of them either, do they really need to be as big as a coffee machine for what they do?

Thargor wrote: »
    You're not exaggerating, I saw 2 different people returning them in Aldi Bray today in the 5 minutes I was at the till, both saying they're useless. Couldnt believe the size of them either, do they really need to be as big as a coffee machine for what they do?

There some smaller models for similar money on amazon with decent reviews. There was no sign of them in Sligo store today... removed I'm guessing due to amount of returns. If they are sold out they are going to have a busy week refunding people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

vicwatson wrote: »

Bought one packet yesterday and ended up going back to buy 2 more. They are really nice. Having a few slices on my sambo for lunch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sweet potato fries are back!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Can anyone tell me the name of the Cava sparkling wine they have for about €10 I think.

I got it before but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it at all. :o

Thanks so much.

Advertisement