Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Can anyone tell me the name of the Cava sparkling wine they have for about €10 I think.

Is it Belletti?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I love Aldi's Blanquette du Limoux €14 but it's the best sparkling wine I've tasted in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

nc6000 wrote: »
    Is it Belletti?
    Jrop wrote: »
    I love Aldi's Blanquette du Limoux €14 but it's the best sparkling wine I've tasted in a very long time.

I'm not sure but I'll check that one out, thank you both so much for suggesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Sweet potato fries are back!!! :)

Where might I find these, freezer section with the other frozen chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Where might I find these, freezer section with the other frozen chips?

Beside then frozen roast potatoes etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Can anyone tell me the name of the Cava sparkling wine they have for about €10 I think.

I got it before but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it at all. :o

Thanks so much.

Can't think of the name, but the one at 10.79 was my Christmas fizz this year and is lovely..
    They have it in a gold limited edition and the ordinary one beside it - easy drinking and very moreish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I got it before but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it at all. :o

Thanks so much.

It's probably the Crement du Jura, the one we have been talking about on the previous page! It's gorgeous for the price.

http://thetaste.ie/wp/five-wines-from-aldi-to-celebrate-this-holiday-season/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

anewme wrote: »
    It's probably the Crement du Jura, the one we have been talking about on the previous page! It's gorgeous for the price.

http://thetaste.ie/wp/five-wines-from-aldi-to-celebrate-this-holiday-season/

Given they asked about a Cava, my money's on the Contevedo (review)

Must try the Cremant though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm not mad on the Beletti Prosecco, its drinkable ��think some of the cheaper Proseccos taste like sugared water! Never saw that Cava, must look. The Crement du Jura is my go to...also if you want to push the boat out, the Franciacorta is excellent, but approx 22. Far ahead of the cheap 20 Champagne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Can't think of the name, but the one at 10.79 was my Christmas fizz this year and is lovely..
    They have it in a gold limited edition and the ordinary one beside it - easy drinking and very moreish!
    That's the one we had, the golden bottle, very nice, and not a sign of a sore head the next day either!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Rockie roads are soooo good. 1.99 for maybe 6-8 bite size bits. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Rockie roads are soooo good. 1.99 for maybe 6-8 bite size bits. Very tasty.

Where are they? Near the apple tarts?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Where are they? Near the apple tarts?

They're near the coffee/teas and bickies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They are now doing loads more health food items, like chia seeds, cacao powder, spirulina powder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Finally got around to cooking a chicken korma with a jar of sauce/spices that's been in my cupboard for months, it having been recommended on here even more months ago than that.....

Have to say it smells and looks delicious!

I threw a pot of natural yoghurt in to cook with it, as it looked incredibly thick and gloopy at the start - not sure if that was the wisest move I ever made, but it still looks good and has LOADS of sauce now.

Will report back on how it actually tastes later when I heat it up for dinner in work. Yum!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Cajun Spiced chicken breast sandwich and coffee cake.

Some serious hidden gems in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Cajun Spiced chicken breast sandwich and coffee cake.

Some serious hidden gems in Aldi.

I love the coffee cake also.

Did anyone buy the mouthwash?I bought it but I think it tastes awful so bought my usual one today..it's probably the only thing I've bought there and didn't like so I can't complain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Colser wrote: »
    I love the coffee cake also.

Did anyone buy the mouthwash?I bought it but I think it tastes awful so bought my usual one today..it's probably the only thing I've bought there and didn't like so I can't complain really.

I think they changed the recipe for the mouthwash. It used to be fine, but the last bottle I bought tasted weird.
    Went and bought Listermint on offer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I think they changed the recipe for the mouthwash. It used to be fine, but the last bottle I bought tasted weird.

Same here..I thought the Aldi one tasted "gone off".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I think they changed the recipe for the mouthwash. It used to be fine, but the last bottle I bought tasted weird. Went and bought Listermint on offer

There are 2 mouthwashes.
    The dearer one has tasted fine every time I bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Whomever it was mentioned the specially selected turkey slices was on the ball.

Seriously moist tastiness, the peppered one in particular is A-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Colser wrote: »
    Same here..I thought the Aldi one tasted "gone off".

I used to get the purple one until a few months ago, I think it didn't have alcohol but then they added it. I get the one in the white box from LIDL now, no alcohol/intense taste. I think its €1.50-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whomever it was mentioned the specially selected turkey slices was on the ball.

Seriously moist tastiness, the peppered one in particular is A-1!

You're welcome;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I used to get the purple one until a few months ago, I think it didn't have alcohol but then they added it. I get the one in the white box from LIDL now, no alcohol/intense taste. I think its €1.50-2.

Exactly, it was the purple one I used to buy, too. Have to try the LIDL one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Exactly, it was the purple one I used to buy, too. Have to try the LIDL one.

If the purple one is the 6 in 1 mouthwash, then it's had alcohol in it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats with the alcohol fear? You're not going to fail a breathalyser or be impaired in any way on a mouth rinse...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats with the alcohol fear? You're not going to fail a breathalyser or be impaired in any way on a mouth rinse...

You won't fail a breathalyser, but if you're a recovering alcoholic, or (e.g.) are on a liver transplant list which depends on toxicology tests, you don't want to take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought the main reason was people did not like the stinging sensation of the alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Finally got around to cooking a chicken korma with a jar of sauce/spices that's been in my cupboard for months, it having been recommended on here even more months ago than that.....

Have to say it smells and looks delicious!

I threw a pot of natural yoghurt in to cook with it, as it looked incredibly thick and gloopy at the start - not sure if that was the wisest move I ever made, but it still looks good and has LOADS of sauce now.

Will report back on how it actually tastes later when I heat it up for dinner in work. Yum!! :)

How did your curry go

Advertisement