Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Do aldi sell dried apricots ??
    Love them in my porridge

Yes, you will find them with the flour and sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Sorry, I just threw out my final pack of it last night but from memory its part of the Brooklea range.

It is really good and compares well to Fage, and waaay cheaper. Its €1.69 or there abouts for a large tub.

It might be worth your while trying a different Aldi, because I've never had a problem getting it in my local one (Sandyford) so you might get it easily elsewhere.

Thanks so much! Good to know. I usually stock up on the Glenisk one when it's on offer for €2 but the Aldi one would save me having to.

Sandyford is my local one too - you must get there before me! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Thanks so much! Good to know. I usually stock up on the Glenisk one when it's on offer for €2 but the Aldi one would save me having to.

Sandyford is my local one too - you must get there before me! :D:D

I'm usually up there late in the evening (no earlier than 6pm!) and I've never had any difficulty, so thats weird! I've probably bought it about 3/4 times now and never an issue.

Are you looking in the right place in the shop? Its beside the full fat version and the tub has some pink on it instead of blue. I need to get more either today or tomorrow so I'll report back if they're out of it for whatever reason!

I'm usually up there late in the evening (no earlier than 6pm!) and I've never had any difficulty, so thats weird! I've probably bought it about 3/4 times now and never an issue.

Are you looking in the right place in the shop? Its beside the full fat version and the tub has some pink on it instead of blue. I need to get more either today or tomorrow so I'll report back if they're out of it for whatever reason!

on the fat content, don't they say that the full fat version is healthier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Zelda247 wrote: »
    on the fat content, don't they say that the full fat version is healthier?

Depends on what you mean by healthier.... people tend to use it as a catch all term for nutrition, weightloss, or any number of positive attributes.

Anyhow, these strained yogurts arent unhealthy in my view, as they're not pumped full of sugars to compensate - they're just really thick and quite sharp tasting. If you're following a diet plan like SW or WW, the full fat versions arent really an option.

I wouldnt put them in the same category (healthy-wise) as the like of a Muller Light or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks - yes I have definitely seen the shelf label and the full fat one is usually there alright. I am only ever there on a Saturday or Sunday - late afternoon as it is a bit out of my way so that might explain it - stock levels and restocking might be better during the week.

In fairness if I saw it, I would probably clear the shelf myself so I can't blame others if they do the same!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if Aldi are still doing fresh pasta? And if they do still have it has it moved from the last fridge on the right in the first aisle? Cant see it there last few times Ive been in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I bought the spaghetti and tagliatelle last week anyway in Bray, hope they dont get rid of it, its my go-to pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Do aldi sell dried apricots ??

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭54and56

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if Aldi are still doing fresh pasta? And if they do still have it has it moved from the last fridge on the right in the first aisle? Cant see it there last few times Ive been in

Yes they do. Which store are you referring to? If you're talking about Sandyford the fresh pasta is at the back of the store in a refrigerated section on the back wall between the veg and the meats, directly opposite the new fish display unit. That section contains all the ready meals, fresh pizza's etc and the fresh pasta is on the top shelf towards the left of the unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My local ALDI did have the Tangy Cheese Pasta salad in again after my request, so I bought the two left and one is in the freezer.. Also the triple pack chicken sandwiches for E1. 79. Chicken, bacon, stuffing on malted bread.. Really hearty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yes they do. Which store are you referring to? If you're talking about Sandyford the fresh pasta is at the back of the store in a refrigerated section on the back wall between the veg and the meats, directly opposite the new fish display unit. That section contains all the ready meals, fresh pizza's etc and the fresh pasta is on the top shelf towards the left of the unit.

Saw that in my search for the salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm told that they have very good wild venison at the moment. Not sure if fresh or frozen.

I'm told that they have very good wild venison at the moment. Not sure if fresh or frozen.

It's fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm told that they have very good wild venison at the moment.

Is it deer?

:pac:

Must try it.

I love the focaccia bread - twin pack in the refrigerated section.
    They have garlic and mozzarella or another with olives I think?
    It's half the price of anything I've seen in Supervalu and a lovely addition to pasta dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Does Aldi sell tinned black beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Never seen them.
    Only seen kidney and cannellini beans... also tins of 'mixed beans', but no stand alone black beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Never seen them anywhere actually.
    Need them in some mexican dish i make sometimes but always end up with black eye beans from tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

inforfun wrote: »
    Need them in some mexican dish i make sometimes but always end up with black eye beans from tesco.

Can you recall how much they are? I'm on a very tight budget and I was advised that I should try black beans and egg burrito or cajun chicken, black beans, lettuce and cheese meal.

70c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

inforfun wrote: »

You can buy tinned black beans in Dunnes. The brand is epicure and they are €1.09 AFAIK
    Have bought a pack of dried black beans in a health food store and will try cooking and freezing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Back to Aldi: has anybody seen the stone baked spelt rolls recently? They seem to have disappeared :(
    Staff in store could not tell me if they will be back. Really miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Can you recall how much they are? I'm on a very tight budget and I was advised that I should try black beans and egg burrito or cajun chicken, black beans, lettuce and cheese meal.

Got a 500g bag of dried black eyed beans in last week in Aldi weren't much more than a euro. If budget is tight better getting the dried ones. Bit more work than tinned with soaking but a bag of dried is about the same as 3 or 4 tins of cooked.

You can buy tinned black beans in Dunnes. The brand is epicure and they are €1.09 AFAIK
    Have bought a pack of dried black beans in a health food store and will try cooking and freezing them.

Thanks.
    But the only Dunnes close by for me is in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and that place scares me :D
    Maybe 1 day when i am brave enough.... till then, i ll use the black eye beans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Did a bit of shopping in Aldi for a change. Will let ye know what I think. I got the Granary Grinder which I had before in someone's house and it was really nice. The slices are big but you can cut them in half for sandwiches and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Ill post this as it was mentioned many many times here and is coming back 'soon'

https://twitter.com/Aldi_Ireland/status/834713430082719745

C5VzVfyUoAAwIO5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Azzara Chilean white is decent and the frozen curly fries are very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Azzara Chilean white is decent and the frozen curly fries are very tasty.

Yeah I love that wine.
    I also recommend The Outlander (new in-store) for €5.29. Really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Wachau Gruner Veltliner Reserve 2015 is an Austrian white wine(picture of a fish on it). 9.99 is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Anyone know if their cappuccino/latte/mocha Alcafe coffee has been discontinued?

Used to always be able to get it in my local and then this morning they were nowhere to be seen.

Advertisement