Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Colser wrote: »
    I got the pomegranate also yesterday..I had it lighting for about 6 hours and there was absolutely no smell of anything from it.I was out for 2 hours last night and hoped I would smell it as soon as I walked in but there was absolutely nothing.Very disappointed and hope it's just that particular one as I bought another one as well.

Aw balls. I haven't lit it yet but was planning to tonight. I often get the Vanilla three wick candles from Dunnes for 8 euros and they are really nice. If I agree with you I might go back to the Dunnes ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Aw balls. I haven't lit it yet but was planning to tonight. I often get the Vanilla three wick candles from Dunnes for 8 euros and they are really nice. If I agree with you I might go back to the Dunnes ones.

Oh :)
    Gonna wait for a further verdict before I invest in my fancy candles stocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm a bit disappointed with it too :( Got the pomegranate one as well and to be honest it just smells a bit like 'burning oil' if that makes sense? Sooty I suppose. Also I only got it last week and it's burnt more than halfway down already. I have it in the kitchen and only light it for maybe an hour in the evening to get rid of the dinner smell.
    The last few times I've bought candles, it's been the Tuscany ones in Homestore. Very similar to the Yankee ones and €12. I'll be sticking with those I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aldi now have an Eton Mess in stock. One is basically caramel flavored cream with salted caramel and chocolate shavings and the others is strawberry with a raspberry and strawberry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Camel flowered cream. :D brilliant.

Hve you tasted the salted caramel one? Is it good?

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »

Not yet. Hopefully I will this weekend!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aldington now have an Eton Mess in stock. One is basically camel flowered cream with salted camel and chocolate shavings and the others is strawberry with a raspberry and strawberry sauce.

There are literally tears of laughter rolling down my face at the thought of camel flowered cream with salted camel :D. Mmm, savoury!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Faith wrote: »
    There are literally tears of laughter rolling down my face at the thought of camel flowered cream with salted camel :D. Mmm, savoury!
    Yes, I must pop down to my local Aldington straight away to get some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's basically Camel Jerky, very tasty!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It must be from their Middle Eastern range :D

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Yes, I must pop down to my local Aldington straight away to get some :D
    Faith wrote: »
    Whispered wrote: »

Next time I'll post off my phone I'll read what my phone has typed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm loling at the fact that it apparently 'serves six'. Not in my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Curly fries

They've also Turkey Rashers in stock!

Curly fries

They are well nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

They've also Turkey Rashers in stock!

What are these like?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Curley fries..get them all the time. about a third of the price of the brand name stuff....and u cd.nt tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I picked up the 'no.1' Lime basil & mandarin candle yesterday - smells beautiful in the jar, but when lit the fragrance is very subtle.

I have never tried the Jo Malone candles....so not sure how the scent strength compares (although I'd hope for 65euro, the candle would be quite fragrant :pac:).

I also picked up the 0% Greek Yogurt yesterday following recommendations on this thread. Just wondering, how do people usually eat this? Solo...or with fruit,etc.? Any recommendations, please fire them my way. :)

I also picked up the 0% Greek Yogurt yesterday following recommendations on this thread. Just wondering, how do people usually eat this? Solo...or with fruit,etc.? Any recommendations, please fire them my way. :)

I love Greek Yogurt with a drizzle of honey and some walnuts or other nuts on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We get through so much Greek yoghurt here. Mashed banana sweetens it if you're serving to a child and want to avoid honey, berries nuts honey etc all great.

I also stir it through porridge with milk and let sit overnight. Or if I'm making carrot cake porridge I stick a blob on for a nice tang.

Also lovely savoury. With chives and grated cheddar on top of a baked potato. As a dip for wedges (with some chilli sauce stirred through). With cucumber and mint on the side of a spicy curry or with nachos, salsa and jalapeños.

• Advertisement

About the candles, I found the scent to be strong from them? It is an unusual fragrance though from the Pomegranate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

For the Greek yogurt....I mix it with some curry paste with raisins,apple, grated carrots and eather a can of tuna or a chopped chicken breast served on a few rice crackers or soda bread... lovely healthy and tasty lunch or dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Netflix Live is cancelled already!! That was successful.....

And how is that Aldi's fault?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Not sure why this is in this thread...

Sounds like someone fell for an April Fools "joke/prank"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Oops, wrong thread. What a wally! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

The pakoras are amazing. People must be catching on to how nice they are as they're hard to get a hold of. Nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

The pakoras are amazing. People must be catching on to how nice they are as they're hard to get a hold of. Nom nom.

They must have improved them they were pretty poor when I tried them. Think a few others said the same last year.

Anyone try the imitation fevertree tonic waters? Was tempted to pick them up but still have a few bottles of the real stuff to use up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

+1000000

I eat them in a toasted Pitta with the Red Pepper Hummus and crunchy salad...

The Falafel (I get the Mediterranean one, haven't tried the Morrocan), served the same, but with the plain or Caramelised Onion Hummus, is also gorgeous :)

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Anyone try the imitation fevertree tonic waters? Was tempted to pick them up but still have a few bottles of the real stuff to use up first.

Really liked it, but haven't seen it for a while now. I think it was part of the Christmas/New Year's range. Hope it will be back.

Advertisement