Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Opened a bottle of El Mayoral Monastrell Petit Verdot from Jumilla Spain that I bought a while back. Very nice Spanish red, nice fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

The beers from the Harper's Brewing company are lovely I think. Great value too @ €1.79 a pop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Their new Turkey Rashers are nice enough.

Love the Maple Bacon, Gruyere Quiche.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

gizmo81 wrote: »

Love this as well, but the balance between pastry and filling could be better - more filling required imo.

But it's mighty tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I found the maple bacon was full of water.

• Advertisement

I think thats why I like it is cause there's more pastry, bad for me I know lol

Have you seen the Lidl do one, looks exactly the same in the Finest Range out for Easter, the filling looks bigger. (Hope I'm allowed mention Lidl in this thread) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you seen the Lidl do one, looks exactly the same in the Finest Range out for Easter, the filling looks bigger. (Hope I'm allowed mention Lidl in this thread) :)
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've tried it - but ironically the pastry in the aldi one is much nicer!

Yeh that Aldi pastry is sooo good!
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've tried it - but ironically the pastry in the aldi one is much nicer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

dudara wrote: »
    Opened a bottle of El Mayoral Monastrell Petit Verdot from Jumilla Spain that I bought a while back. Very nice Spanish red, nice fruit.

At 08:58:eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone seen the chilli sauce with the spices on top? Its been missing from my Aldi for several weeks now. Hoping it is not discontinued, it was very tasty.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the chilli sauce with the spices on top? Its been missing from my Aldi for several weeks now. Hoping it is not discontinued, it was very tasty.

Was looking for it the other day too. Seems to have gone , but I remember it vanished for a while before, maybe it's a seasonal product?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I am missing those sauces, too. They were always popular in my local Aldi, so I hope that they'll be back.

BTW has anybody tried the Burger Melts? Spotted them today. Packs with 4 round cheese slices. One blue veined and 2 Monterey Jack varieties.

Just treated myself to a mid-week beer a medusa ruby red ale from Aldi.

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I bought that today actually, I hope it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Seen them yesterday, 3€ a pack?

That's quite expensive imo.

Theyre €2.50

Theyre €2.50

My bad.

I hope you liked it . . .
    I bought that today actually, I hope it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I am missing those sauces, too. They were always popular in my local Aldi, so I hope that they'll be back.

BTW has anybody tried the Burger Melts? Spotted them today. Packs with 4 round cheese slices. One blue veined and 2 Monterey Jack varieties.

Bought a pack of each. Tries the Monterey Jack so far. Tasty and they do melt very well. I'd definatley recommend. Hope the blue cheese are equally as nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just treated myself to a mid-week beer a medusa ruby red ale from Aldi.

Yep lovely stuff. Try the Amber Stone from the same company. If anything it's nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

There some much nicer beers there if you look around, try the "notorious" beer and you won't be disappointed...There's a Brehon Ulster oatmeal stout that's the mutts nuts also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Yay, the coconut yoghurt is back! Goes lovely with the 49c rhubarb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ellejay wrote: »
    Tried the 6 pack of Spuddy Crisps and very nice!
    I'm usually a Tayto or nothing crisp person but pleasantly surprised.

I got the 24pack, think its only 2.69 or 2.79 and they did remind me of tayto more than any others. The snacktastic 24pack in lidl reminded me of king crisps, the more well cooked look and more tranparent. I wondered if it was a direct attempt to copy them. Aldi & lidl usually have not so subtle clues as to what they are copying.

enhanced-21440-1460811219-1.jpg

2197347_1.jpg

The spuddy ones do have a character that looks a little like mr tayto, and they are labelled as Irish crisps.

ae731637030917.Y3JvcCwxNjI1LDEyNzIsMTU5LDA.png

?width=375&version=443403

• Registered Users Posts: 13,783 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

rubadub wrote: »
    The spuddy ones do have a character that looks a little like mr tayto, and they are labelled as Irish crisps.

Aldi's crisps are made by Largo foods, who make Tayto and King crisps and Hula Hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The Okey dokey crisps in aldi are very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,783 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Also Largo foods, who also make Hunky Dorys.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also Largo foods, who also make Hunky Dorys.

Okey dokeys / Hunky Dorys.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

rubadub wrote: »
    [/IMG]

Mr. Spuddy looks like a peeping tom...
    My bad.

Ah sure, not much of a difference. Ill probably stick to normal rashers from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Premium Steak & Merlot pies say 3.19 on the shelf but scanned at 1.99 on the till, bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They have lovely new ham in their specially selected range - thin slices of barbecued/smoked ham - delicious in a white crusty roll with a bit of mayo :-P

Advertisement